Putting the Catholic Church in my rear view window...

Christ died because he was ratted out. Now you know.
He died because a certain number wanted him dead. The question is, Why did they want him dead? He certainly wasn't ratted out because he had a talent for telling great parables. Telling parables wasn't why anyone wanted him gone.

He died because a certain number wanted him dead. The question is, Why did they want him dead? He certainly wasn't ratted out because he had a talent for telling great parables. Telling parables wasn't why anyone wanted him gone.
He was threatening the authority of Rome. I thought you would know all this?

No, he was not threatening the authority of Rome. He was threatening the authority of Annas and Caiaphas, and those in charge of the Temple and its protocols. Jesus could not have cared less about Roman politics.

The problem with taking this issue to the forum is that only a person who takes Catholicism seriously would understand the choices I'm faced with.

If you boil it down to terms that a priest would be too scared to tell you, the Catholic answer is that if a Catholic leaves the Church, with full knowledge that the Catholic Church is the true Church, there is no hope that person will go to heaven.

My two choices then are this:

A lifetime of happiness with a woman I love -- then an eternity in hell; or

A lifetime of misery for the next thirty years or so -- then an eternity in heaven.
According to whom is your statement above a fact?
I will not bash Catholicism, it doesn't matter to me. But I will say it is affecting you in a very unfair manner.
Catholicism teaches versus out of the Bible that fit what it wants, and outright ignores a good 1/3 of the New Testament that is in direct opposition to it's teachings. Direct opposition.
Read Corinthians. Corinthians puts it in black and white.
And I just love how Catholic teachings completely gloss over the meaning of Paul's word, and alter it to fit what they want.
In Paul's words, repeatedly, a man made hierarchy in a church cannot exist. That your path to heaven is in no way provided by rules of man, but through Christ alone can you get to God.
Just sayin.

Last edited:
No, he was not threatening the authority of Rome. He was threatening the authority of Annas and Caiaphas, and those in charge of the Temple and its protocols. Jesus could not have cared less about Roman politics.
But the Romans care that Jesus was stirring up the people. Sheesh, go back to Sunday School.

But the Romans care that Jesus was stirring up the people. Sheesh, go back to Sunday School.
Dig more into the history and culture. So much more depth there than children's Sunday School.

Religion is an affair of the soul. If you no longer love your wife and your affections lie elsewhere your sin is complete in your soul. Your body may or may not follow the leadership of your emotional being. You can do what ancient monks did and self flagellate. Do you think it did them any good? Would you be proud of yourself? Ahh the sin of pride. Would denying yourself do anyone any good? Would it make your wife happy? Ultimately you will have to answer the question do you think God wants you to be unhappy and live the rest of your life alone, unloved, and pining for the life you would have had if you only had more courage?

CHRIST died because HE gave up HIS life HIMSELF. No one took it from HIM.

The Catholic church whatever it's form bases it's belief structure around the assumption that one needs to eat the body of CHRIST and drink HIS at every mass. THAT IS WORK!
Coming together and sharing a meal is not work. It is celebration. Celebration of our redemption and salvation.

Do you believe we should be disciples of Christ? Disciple is derived from the word 'discipline' which implies work and training. Jesus taught us a way of life, of choosing one way of doing over the other. (i.e., obeying the will of God rather than choosing disobedience.)
One is first drawn towards becoming a disciple. One doesn't become a disciple and then is drawn. Yes, once an individual makes the choice to trust CHRIST, then one is changed and goes through a metamorphosis that is an ongoing process initiated by the HOLY SPIRIT towards becoming more in-tune with CHRIST. The work for man isn't the salvation process. The work is the faith and that is spurred on by the HOLY SPIRIT. This is why one cannot lose his salvation once he acquires it. What he can lose is his spiritual growth and the heavenly rewards such accumulates through that maturing process.

I met someone last night.

It was our first date, but something clicked between us and I think she may be the person I spend the rest of my life with.

But, even if it doesn't end up being her, someone will come along eventually because I'm on three dating services and I'm searching very diligently because I hate being alone.

So, it's time to put the Catholic Church in my rear view window.

Now you can say, get an annulment. The Catholic Church offers that.

But I think it's total bullshit to ask the Catholic Church to say I wasn't really married to a woman I spent thirty years with and is the mother of my three children.

I looked into the Episcopalians.

Being an Episcopalian would be like going to a church that looks Catholic in every way, except the priests don't really care if you even believe in God so long as you put money in the basket.

Or I could just not go to any church on Sunday and work things out just between me and God.

Please don't come on this thread and tell me this isn't really a problem.

It's a problem for me.

I've been Catholic all my life and giving up Catholicism would be worse than giving up my right arm.
You'd annul your marriage making your 3 kids bastards? They will hate you forever.

Screw the church--whatever they think of your marriage is meaningless..sure they will annul your marriage for a DONATION, not caring about your kids but you should. Your marriage happened and your kids happened. Why try to pretend that they didn't.

Man up ---get a divorce.
And you have hit the nail on the head. GOD in fact blessed the union with children. The only GODLY way to have an annulment is where there has been no viable intercourse. What the Catholic church determines otherwise is of no scriptural substantiation. A divorce is "permissible" (from a Christian standpoint) only in cases of adultery and where one person becomes a Christian and the unsaved spouse deserts the marriage as a result (never the other way around).
Do Christians get divorces? YES! Does GOD approve? NO! Does GOD allow it? YES, and HE will forgive such.

CHRIST died because HE gave up HIS life HIMSELF. No one took it from HIM.
Jesus was ratted on then crucified by the Romans. He didn't do any of that himself

It was our first date, but something clicked between us and I think she may be the person I spend the rest of my life with.

But, even if it doesn't end up being her, someone will come along eventually because I'm on three dating services and I'm searching very diligently because I hate being alone.

But I think it's total bullshit to ask the Catholic Church to say I wasn't really married to a woman I spent thirty years with and is the mother of my three children.

Being an Episcopalian would be like going to a church that looks Catholic in every way, except the priests don't really care if you even believe in God so long as you put money in the basket.

Or I could just not go to any church on Sunday and work things out just between me and God.

It's a problem for me.

I've been Catholic all my life and giving up Catholicism would be worse than giving up my right arm.
You'd annul your marriage making your 3 kids bastards? They will hate you forever.

Screw the church--whatever they think of your marriage is meaningless..sure they will annul your marriage for a DONATION, not caring about your kids but you should. Your marriage happened and your kids happened. Why try to pretend that they didn't.

Man up ---get a divorce.
And you have hit the nail on the head. GOD in fact blessed the union with children. The only GODLY way to have an annulment is where there has been no viable intercourse. What the Catholic church determines otherwise is of no scriptural substantiation. A divorce is "permissible" (from a Christian standpoint) only in cases of adultery and where one person becomes a Christian and the unsaved spouse deserts the marriage as a result (never the other way around).
Do Christians get divorces? YES! Does GOD approve? NO! Does GOD allow it? YES, and HE will forgive such.
The whole divorce thing in the Bible is male based.
A man never had a reason to divorce his wife since he could screw any woman he wanted and get away with it... just like in the Middle East still today. Having said that, men wanted to be sure their wives could not divorce them. So they included these limitations to keep that from happening.

It's a problem for me.

Leave already.

Getting away from the Catholic Church is a great first step ... God knows them people piss me off ... you can have a personal relationship with God, anyone who says otherwise hates you, you don't need no damn priest to talk to God for you ...
To each his own. I was never taught I needed a priest to talk to God for me. I was actually taught the opposite.

... @Blackrook ...
Leave already.

He questions nothing. He knows everything what he needs to know - but I guess he never was a Catholic and for sure he is not able to leave his sharp antagonism. He reacts on nothing what Catholics say to him - independent whether this Catholics think he should stay or leave the church and/or his wife.

Last edited:
... @Blackrook ...
Leave already.

He questions nothing. He knows everything what he needs to know - but I guess he never was a Catholic and for sure he is not able to leave his sharp antagonism. He reacts on nothing what Catholics say to him - independent whether this Catholics think he should stay or leave the church and/or his wife.

His MO is entirely too strange to accept at face value. I'll leave it to that.

... @Blackrook ...
Leave already.

His MO is entirely too strange to accept at face value. I'll leave it to that.

¿MO? = ¿Molecular orbit theory?

But seriously let me say: I live a little in fear that he might perhaps be a psychopath. I don't know, how often I heard in my life that a man murdered his wife and children, because his wife said he has to leave them. And I don't know, how often I thought that the wife was absolutelly right to do so - what the murderous energy of her husband showed very clear. I hope "we" are able to protect her and her three children. But in the moment I am only able to pray for them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back