Zone1 Concerning Excommunication from the Catholic Church (to clear up a LIE told here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
Martin Luther was formally excommunicated from the Catholic Church, where he was once a priest.

Someone here said that that excommunication was lifted or words to that effect.

This cannot happen unless the person repented and has been sacramentally absolved

which never happened as far as I know. I have read up on Luther and no one ever said that Luther took back one word he said against Christ's Church, much less did he go to confession.

So anti-Catholics need to STOP lying. Your lies are leading people astray, sometimes to the point of them ending up in Hell

Martin Luther was formally excommunicated from the Catholic Church, where he was once a priest.

This cannot happen unless the person repented and has been sacramentally absolved

which never happened as far as I know. I have read up on Luther and no one ever said that Luther took back one word he said against Christ's Church, much less did he go to confession.

So anti-Catholics need to STOP lying. Your lies are leading people astray, sometimes to the point of them ending up in Hell
I had a Catholic hater tell me that ALL priests were pedophiles. This person is a retired high school teacher who never knew that there was such a thing as Google until I showed him. What he learned was that there have been no priests accused of pedophilia since 1989. Those who were taught by him should be suing the school district for reparations. A retired factory worker had to school this overpaid idiot. Sad indeed.

The Catholic church has changed the rules that are the most important. Does what Luther say conform to the new rules.

For instance, the Catholic church has given the flock permission to reject Genesis, lock, stock, and barrel.

Is there anything that still qualifies as a sin anymore?

I had a Catholic hater tell me that ALL priests were pedophiles. This person is a retired high school teacher who never knew that there was such a thing as Google until I showed him. What he learned was that there have been no priests accused of pedophilia since 1989. Those who were taught by him should be suing the school district for reparations. A retired factory worker had to school this overpaid idiot. Sad indeed.
You may want to check your sources:
2019 - Priest dismissed for sexual abuse of children in Oecusse

2022 - https://web.archive.org/web/2023110...s/2019/2/27/cadiz-city-negros-occidental-2022 - priest-rape-charge-molestation-of-4-year-old-girl.html

The Catholic church has changed the rules that are the most important. Does what Luther say conform to the new rules.

For instance, the Catholic church has given the flock permission to reject Genesis, lock, stock, and barrel.

What do you mean reject Genesis? It's not science or history.

What do you mean reject Genesis? It's not science or history.
They have been given permission to believe what they like regarding Genesis. You can too! Darwinian evolution is de facto acceptable for the Catholics.

The purpose is served by being permitted to tell the truth without being opposed by ding, meriweather, and company.
They're either pouting or trying to ignore.

They have been given permission to believe what they like regarding Genesis.
Really? So I could believe the passages about the snake causing division were written about you?

I can't figure out if your poor choice of words is due to you being dumb and incapable of properly articulating your points or intentionally mendacious.

The purpose is served by being permitted to tell the truth without being opposed by ding, meriweather, and company.
They're either pouting or trying to ignore.
I believe that growth filled communities should explore all sides of an issue to arrive at objective truth. Diversity of thought is critical to the process. Honest men can have honest differences of opinion.

What do you believe?

Really? So I could believe the passages about the snake causing division were written about you?
I'm asking you if you can accept the concept of the bibles can be accepted as being in some other dimension, that could change our disagreements to agreement!
I can't figure out if your poor choice of words is due to you being dumb and incapable of properly articulating your points or intentionally mendacious.
Just consider me to be dumb if that pleases you. The popular term used here for that is 'tard' I believe.

I'm asking you if you can accept the concept of the bibles can be accepted as being in some other dimension, that could change our disagreements to agreement!

Just consider me to be dumb if that pleases you. The popular term used here for that is 'tard' I believe.
And I'm asking you to stop acting like the snake trying to create division.

I believe that growth filled communities should explore all sides of an issue to arrive at objective truth. Diversity of thought is critical to the process. Honest men can have honest differences of opinion.

What do you believe?
I believe that you've just shown that you're a liar when you called me dumb. Would you care to walk that back so we can talk about our honest differences?

That's bad. I knew a lot of antiCatholics were ACTING like all priests are pervs, never heard of one actually saying it

Martin Luther started all this BS

it was like a snowball rolling down a steep hill

and today we have... All u have to do is look around and you will see what we have; perversion being accepted and promoted... child murder accepted and promoted. The devil, it seems, has won

That's bad. I knew a lot of antiCatholics were ACTING like all priests are pervs, never heard of one actually saying it

Martin Luther started all this BS

it was like a snowball rolling down a steep hill

and today we have... All u have to do is look around and you will see what we have; perversion being accepted and promoted... child murder accepted and promoted. The devil, it seems, has won
And the pope no less, shuffling off pedophile priests to distant countries so they can continue their perverted life styles.

I believe that you've just shown that you're a liar when you called me dumb. Would you care to walk that back so we can talk about our honest differences?
No. I don't. I've tried that before and you keep on misstating everything I say. You are dumb. You are a liar.

She was replying to Donald's assertion that "the Catholic church has given the flock permission to reject Genesis, lock, stock, and barrel."
That's a damn lie (that the CC has given such persmission)

Francis does NOT represent the Catholic Church. It's all a facade, a masquerade--- his papacy

No real pope would say the things he has said... would support climate change lies instead of standing up for morality like a pope should.

Last edited:
I don't see anything there about excommunication

???
I'm of the opinion that permitting the flock to reject Genesis, is equivalent to the Catholic church denouncing all of it's beliefs. Excommunication is a part of it.

The Catholic church has endorsed Darwinian evolution because it understood that it wouldn't be accepted as credible if it didn't.
And now the question is, should the CC have remained quiet on the issue?

Is there any way that the CC can walk that back? Ding has an answer that is at best questionable. Perhaps he'll try it on us again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back