Putin's coalition vs our coalition

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I was reading a bit from the transcript of Obama's press conference saying that Putin went in to Syria from a position of weakness and that his coalition was just Russia, iran,and Assad. Meanwhile our coalition is the rest of the world.

I have to say I am a little confused. Did I miss something since when do we have a coalition supporting us in Syria? Since when are we going into Syria ourselves to begin with? I thought we were just funding the so called moderate groups that many are saying are al queda or Isis cells. Now we have a coalition? For what purpose? What's our mission? And what are others in this coalition doing??

Am I the only one who thought Obama was pretty much trying convince himself that we are in a stronger position than he believes us to be in? It just sounded like he was trying to spin a ridiculous story to show why he isn't a total failure.

Well when you create the terror groups in order to depose a foreign leader ..................

And then you sort or have to go in and create a coalition to pretend you are trying to take out those terror groups you helped create ......................

Your coalition doesn't kick ass compared to someone on this planet that has just said.......................

Enough of this bullshit.

Even after 7 years at the helm, Obama is no more schooled at foreign policy than the community organizer he was.

One of the things I was really worried about was that he surrounded himself with "so called academics aka people who have never had a real job". And I believe his foreign policies reflect that.

And then someone in the administration goes "whoopsies the Arab Spring didn't work out even though it looked so good on paper".

I was reading a bit from the transcript of Obama's press conference saying that Putin went in to Syria from a position of weakness and that his coalition was just Russia, iran,and Assad. Meanwhile our coalition is the rest of the world.

I have to say I am a little confused. Did I miss something since when do we have a coalition supporting us in Syria? Since when are we going into Syria ourselves to begin with? I thought we were just funding the so called moderate groups that many are saying are al queda or Isis cells. Now we have a coalition? For what purpose? What's our mission? And what are others in this coalition doing??

Am I the only one who thought Obama was pretty much trying convince himself that we are in a stronger position than he believes us to be in? It just sounded like he was trying to spin a ridiculous story to show why he isn't a total failure.

How many participants are required to become a 'coalition?' Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, that's 4...:)

It's really not that complicated, there are now 3 coalitions in partially liberated Syria

There's ISIS, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey, those are the ones that want Assad, the Kurds and everyone who isn't a hardcore jihadi dead.

There's Al Quada (or Al Nusra if you like), the other assorted moderate jihadis (all 5 of them), the US, UK, France, Australia that only want Assad gone and be replaced be a loyal, freedom & democracy, dictator puppet so the pipeline can be build and supply western controlled gas to Europe.

Then there's Assad, the Syrian army, Putin, Iraq, Iran, Hezbollah that simply want to kill all jihadis, restore a functioning government and teach the terrorist sponsoring democracies a lesson.

Israel was part of the second coalition but Netanyahoo had a nice talk with Putin and has gone awfully quiet since so I guess you can call them neutral now.

:banana:

It's really not that complicated, there are now 3 coalitions in partially liberated Syria

There's ISIS, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey, those are the ones that want Assad, the Kurds and everyone who isn't a hardcore jihadi dead.

There's Al Quada (or Al Nusra if you like), the other assorted moderate jihadis (all 5 of them), the US, UK, France, Australia that only want Assad gone and be replaced be a loyal, freedom & democracy, dictator puppet so the pipeline can be build and supply western controlled gas to Europe.

Then there's Assad, the Syrian army, Putin, Iraq, Iran, Hezbollah that simply want to kill all jihadis, restore a functioning government and teach the terrorist sponsoring democracies a lesson.

Israel was part of the second coalition but Netanyahoo had a nice talk with Putin and has gone awfully quiet since so I guess you can call them neutral now.

Well done. A fine example of how a thoughtful, fact based post can basically kill a standard nutbag fantasy-isn't-Obama-horrible-Puins-is-awesome thread.

It's what comes of Obumble's drawing a line in the sand, years ago. Looks like somebody didn't take him seriously. Big surprise. Not.

How many participants are required to become a 'coalition?' Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, that's 4...:)
What is wrong with you people? Do you not remember the Jordanian pilot being burned alive after his F-16 was taken down over Syria while on a bombing mission? Are you guys really so low information and uninformed that you don't know western and Arab nations are conducting missions and supporting the war against ISIS?
This happened only yesterday. France has a carrier task force in the Med. That means they have more aircraft and military assets in the area than Russia.

abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/us-led-coalition-ask-russia-concentrate-fighting-34195216

What is wrong with you people? Do you not remember the Jordanian pilot being burned alive after his F-16 was taken down over Syria while on a bombing mission? Are you guys really so low information and uninformed that you don't know western and Arab nations are conducting missions and supporting the war against ISIS?
This happened only yesterday. France has a carrier task force in the Med. That means they have more aircraft and military assets in the area than Russia.

abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/us-led-coalition-ask-russia-concentrate-fighting-34195216

Military pilots are just terrorists who don't crash their planes. Do the same thing, drop bombs on people. Why would I feel sorry for them?

Well done. A fine example of how a thoughtful, fact based post can basically kill a standard nutbag fantasy-isn't-Obama-horrible-Puins-is-awesome thread.
The claim about Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey wanting the Kurds and everyone who isn't a hardcore Jihadi dead is totaly wrong. Those participants in the US led coalition are supporting and financing groups of the FSA and others that are actually fighting both Assad and ISIS.
The claim of a third coalition existing is a ploy meant to confuse and muddy the situation to give cover to Russia's attacks on rebel forces that are assisting the international coalition against ISIS. Russia is attempting to portray it's protection of Assad as a fight against ISIS.

Military pilots are just terrorists who don't crash their planes. Do the same thing, drop bombs on people. Why would I feel sorry for them?

You don't have to feel sorry for them. You can feel anyway you want for them. If you want the ISIS dudes to have freedom to run around the countryside executing and chopping of heads of children and old people while they gun down the fathers, sons and brothers and kidnap the wives and daughters for sex slaves that is your right to want them to be allowed to do so without harassment by a bunch of pilots trying to stop them. It's a free county. Feel however you want.
It wasn't long ago that people were screaming for someone to do something when everyday we saw the horrors being committed by ISIS. Crucified kids hanging from crosses and piles of heads in the town square or displayed on poles. Now something is being done and people are bitching and whining about it and accusing the people risking their lives to stop the terror, terrorist themselves for killing the terrorist they hated a year ago.

Last edited:

The military is not a coalition of nations.

Where is this Putin is awesome thread?

Again, since when do we have a coalition and are conducting operations in Syria? Where is the authorization from congress to do so? What is this coalition? And why is Obama just playing "we're better than you" with Putin instead of just leading?

The problem is we aren't doing anything to stop ISIS. And Obama is fine with this position. It enables home to appear to moderate Muslims that he is "on their side"....Moderate Muslims HATE all non Muslims. So as long as Obamaand the US appear to be on the side of the Muslims being terrorized by ISIS, he's ok with this...
Proving once again, Obama does nothing unless it results in personal or political gain or advantage.

No they aren't. If this were the case, ISIS would be on the run. Instead ISIS is embedded deeper into Northern Iraq and Syria that a tick on a mule's ass. Obama has to take full responsibility for this.

There is no "just cause" to deploy military action? Ever?
This ought to be good.

The claim about Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey wanting the Kurds and everyone who isn't a hardcore Jihadi dead is totaly wrong. Those participants in the US led coalition are supporting and financing groups of the FSA and others that are actually fighting both Assad and ISIS.
The claim of a third coalition existing is a ploy meant to confuse and muddy the situation to give cover to Russia's attacks on rebel forces that are assisting the international coalition against ISIS. Russia is attempting to portray it's protection of Assad as a fight against ISIS.

FSA now works with al Nusra. You need to get up to speed.

Forum List

Back