7 'Italian' Dishes That These Native Italian Chefs Will Never Order

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

I think they are being a bit snobby on this. Immigrants have to use local ingredients or starve.
And there is always room for new recipes as well. Besides America invented pizza.

I think they are being a bit snobby on this. Immigrants have to use local ingredients or starve.
And there is always room for new recipes as well. Besides America invented pizza.
I agree the dishes can be different over there.

Interesting. I have had several friends of the family who were Italian. One was born and grew up in Italy. Another was an Italian family raised here, but the father grew up in Italy.

One thing I found interesting when I would visit and they would cook me Italian food at their house, it wasn't anything you would find on the menu at Olive Garden. A lot of their home cooking incorporated a lot of seafood. I remember actually the best pasta/spaghetti I ever had was a their house. It was like this spaghetti mixed in with Whole Main Lobsters. I also remember another time eating Octopus that was mixed in with the spaghetti/ pasta they were cooking.

They would also cook wine/alcohol into their dishes. I remember the whole family having alcohol with dinner every night, even the kids would have a little alcohol at the dinner table when they were as young as like 10! I remember coming home one night tipsy at the age of 10 as a kid after eating dinner at their house because I didn't realize I had a little alcohol when I had supper with them.

Last edited:
I agree the dishes can be different over there.

Interesting. I have had several friends of the family who were Italian. One was born and grew up in Italy. Another was an Italian family raised here, but the father grew up in Italy.

One thing I found interesting when I would visit and they would cook me Italian food at their house, it wasn't anything you would find on the menu at Olive Garden. A lot of their home cooking incorporated a lot of seafood. I remember actually the best pasta/spaghetti I ever had was a their house. It was like this spaghetti mixed in with Whole Main Lobsters. I also remember another time eating Octopus that was mixed in with the spaghetti/ pasta they were cooking.

They would also cook wine/alcohol into the dish. I remember the whole family having alcohol with dinner every night, even the kids would have a little alcohol at the dinner table when they were as young as like 10! I remember coming home one night tipsy at the age of 10 as a kid after eating dinner at their house because I didn't realize I had a little alcohol when I had supper with them.
They ever make you eel ....its really good

Even what is supposed to be "real" Italian restaurants are terrible in the U.S.
Americans simply love bland, watered down everything... as long as it contains massive quantities of salt/fat/sugar.
If you want to make a successful food chain, take a authentic recipe, remove all of the fresh ingredients, and replace them with salt/fat/sugar - and WHAMMO!!! You own a multi-$billion restaurant chain.

Americans simply love bland, watered down everything... as long as it contains massive quantities of salt/fat/sugar.
If you want to make a successful food chain, take a authentic recipe, remove all of the fresh ingredients, and replace them with salt/fat/sugar - and WHAMMO!!! You own a multi-$billion restaurant chain.
Some of it looks a bit rich but if thats what sells so be it. Every country has its own tastes. Some more palatable than others.

Bullshit. The best food in the world can be found in the US.

True we're grand cultural diversity Unkotare , where else can one go find (enter ethnicity) fare

Yet there does exist the 'americanized' version ......

1716847718406.png

~S~

Forum List

Back