President Trump dares judge in Alvin Bragg case to jail him for violating gag order

------------------------------------------------
Which is the much discussed "normalization" of Don Trump's level of demeanor and crudeness. THAT.....is a legitimate fear, that that coarseness will more widely infect our social contracts.

I have a foot in rural America with our farms. I have a foot in urban America with our pied-à-terre in a large city. I spend maybe 70% of my time at the farms, the rest I enjoy the city-life of culture, and ready access to perceived needs. In short, I hear from, live with, and thoroughly enjoy the habitants of both worlds. They are different and they perceive some thing differently. ALL have one disgruntlement or another. But, my rural neighbors....good, honest, helpful, earnest people......hold more noticeable aggrievements towards societal elements. Meaning, minorities, immigrants, taxes, perceived "big government", and so on. There is, in my view, a very real 'chip-on-their-shoulder- vibe to many of them. That doesn't mean they are unpleasant to be around, or act like Don Trump (very very few of them speak in the manner he does). Nor is that to say my city neighbors are all Mr.Rogers-types.

But, I can confirm that in my generalized and admittedly soda-straw view of the rural citizens around my Midwest grain farms, well, most definitely have a less optimistic view of America than my urban neighbors.
The thing that strikes me about it, is how severe the reaction to those agrievements are. As I said in this post it is both understandable in an intellectual sense but incredibly scary in a sociological and historical sense.

It's one thing to recognize something. But if that something you recognize is a pattern of political behavior that has historically led to some pretty dark places, and you have no idea how to stop it, it's disheartening.

The fact that a deranged egoist doesn't know the difference between Weimar Germany and the U.S. in 2024 changes only one's understanding of the deranged egoist.
I asked you to list the diffferences. You came back with what you came back. If you don't like what that says in a practical sense I can't help you, nor do I think I need to be called names because of it.

I'm a student of history. The fact that you know what the Weimar Republic is, suggest at least a passing or maybe even a more than passing knowledge of it. Applying history to predict future events is a terribly chancy endavour. On the other hand, claiming that you can't use it to recognize certain patterns unless the 2 situations are completely identical is at best misguided, and at worst dishonest.

Last edited:
Might also see that trump broke the law... The evidence is very clear...

There is a simple thing here... Trump hires lawyer, lawyer goes on Fox and screams this, that and other... Goes into court and gets school in how the law works...

There is plenty of evidence of Trump committing crimes mainly cause Trump gone on TV and admitted to them in a few cases or there are recordings of him...
Who told you that?

There are millions who are not invested in politics to any great degree and who don't really see much difference between Quid Pro and TRUMP! who will indeed look at the timing of the prosecutions, the actions of the prosecutors, and the unmitigated glee from the usual partisan suspects and conclude that the whole thing stinks.
And there are those who will deduce that Trump deserves it

I asked you to list the diffferences. You came back with what you came back. If you don't like what that says in practical sense I can't help you, nor do I think I need to be called names because of it.

I'm a student of history. The fact that you know what the Weimar Republic is, suggest at least a passing or maybe even a more than passing knowledge of it. Applying history to predict future events is a terribly chancy endavour. On the other hand, claiming that you can't use it to recognize certain patterns unless the 2 situations are completely identical is at best misguided, and at worst dishonest.
Whoa! You cited Trumps views. It was to Trump that "deranged egoist" referred.
Yes, I've studied a great deal of history. There are many people much more erudite than I on the subject, but my understanding runs pretty deep. The political discourse we see in the U.S. is fraught with banal reductions to absurdity, false dichotomies and grindingly unbearable partisan dualities. Trump plays on these in his own inimitable fashion, but he is only one of far too many. Encouraging such absurdity by participating in even the suggestion of agreement with the premise here, that conditions in the U.S. are similar to Italy and Germany in the 20s and 30s, seems unproductive, to mut it mildly.

Might also see that trump broke the law... The evidence is very clear...

There is a simple thing here... Trump hires lawyer, lawyer goes on Fox and screams this, that and other... Goes into court and gets school in how the law works...

There is plenty of evidence of Trump committing crimes mainly cause Trump gone on TV and admitted to them in a few cases or there are recordings of him...
They will also remember that Hillary broke the law but was considered too stupid to prosecute, and that Quid Pro Joe was considered mentally incompetent to stand trial, but allowed to be the president. The fact is, people can see when justice is applied unevenly, and they can see the virulent hate that surrounds TRUMP!.

And there are those who will deduce that Trump deserves it
The only question then is how many will there be on each side of the equation. The polls right now show a lot who think it's all a political hit job. A lot will depend on how the prosecution and the media present the narrative. Go too far down the rabbit hole of, "We finally got him, break out the champaign" and watch his support climb.

Yes, I've studied a great deal of history. There are many people much more erudite than I on the subject, but my understanding runs pretty deep. The political discourse we see in the U.S. is fraught with banal reductions to absurdity, false dichotomies and grindingly unbearable partisan dualities. Trump plays on these in his own inimitable fashion, but he is only one of far too many. Encouraging such absurdity by participating in even the suggestion of agreement with the premise here, that conditions in the U.S. are similar to Italy and Germany in the 20s and 30s, seems unproductive, to mut it mildly.
Then I apologize for misunderstanding what you wrote.

As to your premise. In most circumstances I'd agree. The Hitler trope is usually just a lazy argument to cast the opposition as evil. Something that if you really read what I write on this board and in this OP even is not my position.

What I see in Trump tough is simply to on the nose to ignore in my opinion. And I think that you simply don't really consider the full implications of what Trump is and does. I think you simply assume that the system is strong enough to hold because it did last time. The problem is that it held because in many cases Republican middle to top tier bureaucrats refused to go along with Trump shemes. Almost all of them paid for it with their jobs and not a little bit of treaths. You're betting that the people who've replaced them will act the same. Terribly optimistic if you ask me.

I'll put it like this. Of whom am I talking? Hitler 1932 or Trump 2024?

A politician that has tried to get power by extra judiciary means in the past. Who uses grievance policy, coupled with nationalistic rhetoric and the casting of an outside group as enemies. Who openly talks about taking vengeance on his enemies and asserts himself as a strong leader who will solve all political and social problems.

Last edited:
The thing that strikes me about it, is how severe the reaction to those agrievements are. As I said in this post it is both understandable in an intellectual sense but incredibly scary in a sociological and historical sense.

It's one thing to recognize something. But if that something you recognize is a pattern of political behavior that has historically led to some pretty dark places, and you have no idea how to stop it, it's disheartening.
I agree with you...

Then you can add in the media bubbles created. They are not just divided by Rural v Urban but also where they are getting information from too.. sprinkle over a bit of tribalism, then we got this..

The funny thing, I find if you discuss with other groups for long enough, you find that you have a lot more in common than what divides us.

To even suggest that comparison now with that of 100 years ago in Italy and Germany does not make sense.

Then I apologize for misunderstanding what you wrote.

As to your premise. In most circumstances I'd agree. The Hitler trope is usually just a lazy argument to cast the opposition as evil. Something that if you really read what I write on this board and in this OP even is not my position.

What I see in Trump tough is simply to on the nose to ignore in my opinion. And I think that you simply don't really consider the full implications of what Trump is and does. I think you simply assume that the system is strong enough to hold because it did last time. The problem is that it held because in many cases Republican middle to top tier bureaucrats refused to go along with Trump shemes. Almost all of them paid for it with their jobs and not a little bit of treaths. You're betting that the people who've replaced them will act the same. Terribly optimistic if you ask me.

I'll put it like this. Of whom am I talking? Hitler 1932 or Trump 2024?

A politician that has tried to get power by extra judiciary means in the past. Who uses grievance policy, coupled with nationalistic rhetoric and the casting of an outside group as enemies. Who openly talks about taking vengeance on his enemies and asserts himself as a strong leader who will solve all political and social problems.
Good that you see nothing was directed at you.
While Trump is such a joke that it is difficult to believe he has gotten this far, we agree that danger exists when such a one can, indeed, get this far. Much as I disagree with most (not all) of what he has said and done, the fact is he couldn't be where he is without the great help of the other side of the duopoly and its incredibly poor alternatives. This does, indeed, increase the danger. What redeems the situation, in my mind, is that there is a majority that just will not support him and some mediocre middle ground will be reached. There are too many middle Americans with too much to lose, and that did not exist in the two comparison nations we've discussed.

Good that you see nothing was directed at you.
While Trump is such a joke that it is difficult to believe he has gotten this far, we agree that danger exists when such a one can, indeed, get this far. Much as I disagree with most (not all) of what he has said and done, the fact is he couldn't be where he is without the great help of the other side of the duopoly and its incredibly poor alternatives. This does, indeed, increase the danger. What redeems the situation, in my mind, is that there is a majority that just will not support him and some mediocre middle ground will be reached. There are too many middle Americans with too much to lose, and that did not exist in the two comparison nations we've discussed.
At the moment Republicans have held the majority 2 times while losing the popular vote in the last 2 decades. They won the presidency only 3 times in the last 3 decades. In fact, their entire strategy is prefaced on the idea that you don't need the majority of the vote just the majority of the electoral college.

Why do you think it matters what the majority thinks? It hasn't in the past. For better or worse the duopoly exists. And it only takes one of the 2 parties to completely give up on Democracy and a certain amount of ruthlessness in order to blow up the entire system. After that, all bets are off. Trump has provided the permission structure.

In lib loon land if you speak in your own defense or criticize those trying to witch hunt you into jail, or protest; you have committed illegal acts.

The Trump-haters believe this would mean President Trump would be thrown into the general population or something. In reality it would look like a secure wing with amenities, and he'd have secret service around him at all times.

Meanwhile his polling numbers would still go up.

BREAKING: President Trump dares judge in Alvin Bragg case to jail him for violating gag order​

"I am willing to sacrifice my Freedom for that worthy cause." - Donald J. Trump

"On Saturday, Donald Trump expressed that he would consider it a "great honor" to face imprisonment if he violated a gag order, signaling a heightened level of criticism directed towards New York Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan and other judicial figures involved in the Alvin Bragg trial in New York.

On Monday, Merchan, the judge presiding over Trump's hush money trial scheduled to commence on April 15, broadened his gag order against Trump to encompass not only the judge's family but also the family of Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg.

Posting on his Truth Social account, Trump wrote, "Now, we have Merchan, who is not allowing me to talk, thereby violating the Law and the Constitution, all at once. It is so bad what he is trying to get away with - How was he even chosen for this case??? I heard he fought like hell to get it, and all of the rest of them also! If this Partisan Hack wants to put me in the "clink" for speaking the open and obvious TRUTH, I will gladly become a Modern Day Nelson Mandela - It will be my GREAT HONOR. We have to Save our Country from these Political Operatives masquerading as Prosecutors and Judges, and I am willing to sacrifice my Freedom for that worthy cause. We are a Failing Nation, but on November 5th, we will become a Great Nation again. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

BREAKING: President Trump dares judge in Alvin Bragg case to jail him for violating gag order
The fools just can't see that the more they go after Trump, the stronger Trump gets.

Anyone else makes a statement to the media about a Judge's family in a criminal case they are put in jail...

Trump is full knowledge that she would receive death threats and this is basic intimation. and a disruption to public order...

Judge doesn't need a reason to revoke bail, give Trump no reason and revoke it...

Want to act like a prick, expect to treated like one.
No. Until she started spouting off, nobody cared. Funny you didn't care when Republican judges and their families were getting ACTUAL threats, not these phony ones nobody seems to be able to find. Want to be corrupt, expect to be treated like you are. Best start stocking up on tissues now.

Forum List

Back