President Trump dares judge in Alvin Bragg case to jail him for violating gag order

There really is not realistic comparison between today's U.S. and Italy or Germany of those times. That does not mean that superficial people cannot be led astray in America today. That is a human foible that is always a danger. What seems most disturbing is that more and more "populism" is dominating politics and less and less substance. It is all emotion, impressions and other such silliness. America has cornered itself into two sides, which only serve to maintain one another, and is thus at the mercy of the merciless.
Can you specify the things that make you say the comparisons aren't realistic?

I'm not claiming the comparisons are perfect but I'd like to know what makes them unrealistic as opposed to simply not met.

There really is not realistic comparison between today's U.S. and Italy or Germany of those times. That does not mean that superficial people cannot be led astray in America today. That is a human foible that is always a danger. What seems most disturbing is that more and more "populism" is dominating politics and less and less substance. It is all emotion, impressions and other such silliness. America has cornered itself into two sides, which only serve to maintain one another, and is thus at the mercy of the merciless.
The similarity is that a significant portion of a population can fall for a dangerous demagogue, and that it will allow itself to operate within an alternate reality so that the destructive behaviors of that demagogue will seem justified, and can continue and flourish.

I think that similarity is perfectly clear.

Can you specify the things that make you say the comparisons aren't realistic?

I'm not claiming the comparisons are perfect but I'd like to know what makes them unrealistic as opposed to simply not met.
America has a booming economy, enormous infrastructure, enormous military power, enormous wealth, a strong government with solid Constitution, strong allies and international relations. There are many other details, but this much alone is so drastically different that it makes the comparison risible.

The similarity is that a significant portion of a population can fall for a dangerous demagogue, and that it will allow itself to operate within an alternate reality so that the destructive behaviors of that demagogue will seem justified, and can continue and flourish.

That was stated.

Acting respectfully in court is not a travesty of Justice or a witch hunt

Allowing Trump to make his own rules is a travesty

How about not showing up for a Congressional subpoena to testify? Is that a travesty or does that not count? Peter Navarro and Steve Brannon were both locked up for not doing so(contempt), but it seems as though they weren’t of the correct political persuasion.

There is no way that even you thick Democrats can’t see the double standard in our justice system, particularly with regards to Trump and/or Republicans.

Dude, it's YOU that is in an "alternative reality".
The demented LEFT (you) have been OVER THE TOP collectively losing their minds over Trump for EIGHT FUCKING YEARS.
From Russia Russia Russia HALLUCINATIONS to completely shameless Un-American LAWFARE; you demented morons carry on as if your REACTION is somehow normal.
Other than your whacked out accusations, you subverted IDIOTS cannot cite any real danger from your Orange nemesis that really threatens our nation. Noting of ANY substance AT ALL.
You're just another useful IDIOT for the demented LEFT.
PATHETIC
:rolleyes:

America has a booming economy, enormous infrastructure, enormous military power, enormous wealth, a strong government with solid Constitution, strong allies and international relations. There are many other details, but this much alone is so drastically different that it makes the comparison risible.
According to Trump America is a shithole with a disastrous economy, a crumbling infrastructure, declining wealth, a military on the decline, a vindictive government that's not functioning, a Constitution that has provisions needing to be overturned, and allies not worth having.

He's convinced half the country this is true.

What America is has nothing to do with how Trump supporters perceive it.

Trump has violated the law. And because if that and his disrespect for the court, he has been placed under a gag order. If he keeps running his mouth, he goes to jail. He is not above the law and the law doesn't give a damn about constitutents.
a) Trump will keep running his mouth. When has he ever not?

b) Trump will not go to jail - I can say with 99.9%+ confidence.

c) If he was sent to jail by Democrat operatives, his supporters would be even more galvanized, and the consequences would be far-reaching beyond the 2024 election. Thats' why Trump will not go to jail.

Seriously, fake poster: What do you imagine happening right after Trump goes to jail? Huh?

His supporters will say "that sucks. I guess we better vote for Biden?" His supporters will elect him while in jail, like Nelson Mandela and Bobbie Sands (phone a friend if those names don't ring a bell)? Never-Trump Republicans will be happy that the Democrats are willing to be so ruthless against political opponents?

You think voters who are disgusted by the shenanigans of both parties will respect either one of them more if that happened?

Bottom line, it would be far worse for the Democrats than for Trump Republicans if Trump goes to jail. Democrats know that. They are the idiot savants of American politics, unable to tie their metaphorical shoes when it comes to governming, but experts at figuring the angles to win elections.

Last edited:
According to Trump America is a shithole with a disastrous economy, a crumbling infrastructure, declining wealth, a military on the decline, a vindictive government that's not functioning, a Constitution that has provisions needing to be overturned, and allies not worth having.

He's convinced half the country this is true.

What America is has nothing to do with how Trump supporters perceive it.
Everything you cited is true.
How can you be so delusional?

How about not showing up for a Congressional subpoena to testify? Is that a travesty or does that not count? Peter Navarro and Steve Brannon were both locked up for not doing so(contempt), but it seems as though they weren’t of the correct political persuasion.

There is no way that even you thick Democrats can’t see the double standard in our justice system, particularly with regards to Trump and/or Republicans.
Which has what to do with Trumps behavior in court?

Forum List

Back