Jan. 6th, The Law, and Nancy Pelosi's Dereliction of Duty

Which words did you not understand? "Irving did not float the idea by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). Instead, he rejected then-U.S. Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund’s request to activate the National Guard based on what he believed would be Pelosi’s position on the matter, Pickle said."
Lesh proves no understanding of how the law must be followed.

Supposedly?

None?

Sund contradicts claims made by officials after Wednesday's assault on Capitol Hill. Sund's superiors said previously that the National Guard and other additional security support could have been provided, but no one at the Capitol requested it.

Sund told the Post that House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving was concerned with the "optics" of declaring an emergency ahead of the protests and rejected a National Guard presence. He says Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Michael Stenger recommended that he informally request the Guard to be ready in case it was needed to maintain security.

Like Sund, Irving and Stenger have also since resigned their posts.

Sund says he requested assistance six times ahead of and during the attack on the Capitol. Each of those requests was denied or delayed, he says.

Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser also wanted a light police presence at the Capitol. She reportedly wanted to avoid a similar scenario as last summer, when federal forces responded to demonstrators opposed to police abuses who assembled near the White House.

During Wednesday's violence, Bowser requested, and received, a limited force of 340 from the D.C. National Guard. Those troops were unarmed and their job was to help with traffic flow — not law enforcement, which was meant to be handled by D.C. police.
Sund says during a conference call with several law enforcement officials at about 2:26 p.m., he asked the Pentagon to provide backup.
Senior Army official Lt. Gen. Walter E. Piatt, director of the Army Staff, said on the call he couldn't recommend that Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy authorize deployment, Sund and others on the call told the Post. Piatt reportedly said, "I don't like the visual of the National Guard standing a police line with the Capitol in the background," the Post reported.

The problem with all of the testimony which you've posted is that no one can request the NG be called out EXCEPT Donald Trump. Even if Sund DID call them on January 6th, only Trump could order them to the Capitol and Trump refused to do so.

No, it was a few, in a crowd of tens of thousands, it is a few, relative to the crowd size.

Those that were barbaric were a small handful of the few arrested.
But, you can go ahead and quote, link, make sure you post their names, and tell us how you know who they are and if they are MAGA, GOP, or simply people out for a good time.

And it is proper to point out, ANTIFA and BLM were in the crowd, some of which were barbaric.
Nearly 200 people charged with assaulting an officer. That’s more than a few.

Daniel Rodriguez beat officer Fanone and tased him with his own taser.

He shouted “Trump won” in the courtroom.

Please provide the name of a BLM or antifa supporter who was “barbaric”.

The problem with all of the testimony which you've posted is that no one can request the NG be called out EXCEPT Donald Trump. Even if Sund DID call them on January 6th, only Trump could order them to the Capitol and Trump refused to do so.
Why is it you comment on things you have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about?

Trump had no COTUS authority to deploy troops in DC...................period.

First and foremost, my links are all to .gov sites were the law is written. Second, my only other link is to a pdf file that shows the timeline.

During the riot? How about giving us a time. You need to at the very least show us you have at least that knowledge. Otherwise you are doing nothing more than deflecting from the truth.

During the riots, before the riots, multiple requests.
SUND made requests during the riot. The Guard told him he did not have the authority to call them out

That’s in your link

Which words did you not understand? "Irving did not float the idea by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). Instead, he rejected then-U.S. Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund’s request to activate the National Guard based on what he believed would be Pelosi’s position on the matter, Pickle said."
So Irving and not Pelosi rejected Sund’s request. ..when was this request made by the way?

Please provide the name of a BLM or antifa supporter who was “barbaric”.
That clown who filmed Ashley Babbit was a BLM stooge.....just got 6 years.
It was already a riot well before then.
BS......Trump was still speaking while people were lining up below the capitol bldg.
At 1410 the Capitol Police Board declares an emergency. National Guard are now authorized to be deployed within Jurisdiction of Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House, the Legislative Branch of Government.
Through DOD COC.
She can "request" the NG if she wants to. Someone requested the NG because Trump is quoted as saying "fill the request".
Through USCP. The fill the request comment was several days prior in a Oval mtg.
You do know that governors control their NG units?
There is no DC governor........now what?
Sund can not request the National Guard/Federal Troops unless it is in writing.
He declared an emergency in one of those timelines I read. By then, the shit had already hit the fan, the COC was a huge part of the problem. COC for NG troops went to DOD, Gen Walker and Piatt (I think) then to SECDEF who deploys them. Congress has passed an act (Capitol Police Emergency Assistance Act) that gives USCP authority and eliminates the USCP board, bypassing both houses and eliminated the two generals, giving SECDEF total DOD control of NG deployment.

Trump MAGA supporters were all peaceful.
For the most part.

I asked the question before you. You took my question and just threw it back, so, NO!

Further, thus far, I have only replied to comments with facts, quoted, and linked to the law on a .gov website
I do not have time to play the game of commenting to contradictions with contradictions.
I also responded to your pointless banter, once or twice, which is more than enough.

I have established the fact, that Nancy Pelosi and Nancy Pelosi alone is responsible for Federal Troops not being deployed within her jurisdiction.

SUND made requests during the riot. The Guard told him he did not have the authority to call them out
Thank you for finally admitting the truth. Federal Troops (the guard as you call them), can only be authorized by Nancy Pelosi.

Only one person has the Authority.

Thank you for finally admitting the truth. Federal Troops (the guard as you call them), can only be authorized by Nancy Pelosi.

Only one person has the Authority.
Nope. Sec of Defense

Sec Def can delegate that authority to the Sec of the Army or Air Force

Other entities can make REQUESTS for support but that is all they are.

Requests

and those requests are neither required nor are they permission

That clown who filmed Ashley Babbit was a BLM stooge.....just got 6 years.
Debatable. Even if he was, he did not commit any violent acts.
BS......Trump was still speaking while people were lining up below the capitol bldg.
Who cares what Trump was doing? The question was whether it was a riot before the police attempted to disperse the crowd with flash bangs.

It absolutely was. The crowd was violent, angry and uncontrolled. You can see those lunatics crawling all over the scaffolding in that video.

Forum List

Back