Phil Robertson is our generartion's Rosa Parks

That show is both scripted and edited.

If the muckety mucks at A&E didn't want that "inflammatory" comment aired it wouldn't have been.

Period.

This is nothing but a publicity stunt designed to take advantage of the stupidity of the public and it's working.

What episode are you speaking of? He got put on hiatus for his comments in GQ.

So the gist of what I'm hearing is I am being intolerant by not tolerating bigotry, prejudice, racism, sexism, etc.

Is that correct.

What people are saying is mind your own godamned business, bitch.

You PC fascists are so afraid that someone somewhere in America might actually speak something you disagree with.

Phil Robertson never said he was intolerant of homos, only that he thought their preferences strange and sinful. That is his opinion and he doesn't directly harm any homo out there by saying so.

But you fascist scumbags do harm by getting people fired for speaking out.

As long as Christians wake up to what you bastards are doing is all I really care, and that is happening a little more every day, lol.

eat shit, whore.

[

Absolutely absurd and gross ignorance of what blacks like Rosa Parks faced.

May sound absurd right now, but it's looking more and more like we will come to the day that being a Christian from the south will nearly be a crime.

NO, there will just be a point where you will no longer be able to cite the bible and Jesus to rationalize your bigotry.

And it will be the Churches putting the Kaybosh on that shit.

Just like you aren't going to see any Church today, not even those in the South, insist that Slavery was A-Okay because it says so in the Bible.

You see, people used to use the bible to rationalize all sorts of bad behavior, from genocide to witch-burnings to slavery.... and they could find pretty convincing verses to back up their positions.

Until such time as society would no longer tolerate those ills, and the Churches don't make those arguments or us the "But that was the Old Testament" argument for them.

In 20 years, when gay marriage is just as accepted as straight marriage, all the churches are going to be denying they had anything to do with the bigotry.

Probably faster than the civil rights movement, because frankly, average folks are more likely to have at least one gay person staring back at them at Thanksgiving dinner.

I'm not a Christian, nor am I in the south, but I'll take those folks any fucking day over the likes of you mother fucking snob-ass liberals who believe you're superior to any other living thing on the planet.

The liberal big whigs at A&E thought they were going to produce a reality series about Christian rednecks from the south that people would laugh at.

But much to their chagrin the series touched a nerve with the vast majority of the American public and proved to be wildly popular. ..... :thup:

Yeah, A&E is pissed that a show on their network is popular :cuckoo:

May sound absurd right now, but it's looking more and more like we will come to the day that being a Christian from the south will nearly be a crime.

NO, there will just be a point where you will no longer be able to cite the bible and Jesus to rationalize your bigotry.

Just like you aren't going to see any Church today, not even those in the South, insist that Slavery was A-Okay because it says so in the Bible.

You see, people used to use the bible to rationalize all sorts of bad behavior, from genocide to witch-burnings to slavery.... and they could find pretty convincing verses to back up their positions.

Until such time as society would no longer tolerate those ills, and the Churches don't make those arguments or us the "But that was the Old Testament" argument for them.

In 20 years, when gay marriage is just as accepted as straight marriage, all the churches are going to be denying they had anything to do with the bigotry.

Probably faster than the civil rights movement, because frankly, average folks are more likely to have at least one gay person staring back at them at Thanksgiving dinner.

I'm not a Christian, nor am I in the south, but I'll take those folks any fucking day over the likes of you mother fucking snob-ass liberals who believe you're superior to any other living thing on the planet.

There are a lot of awakened folks like you out there that see the risk to EVERYONEs freedoms, and that is good.

But these fascists are NEVER satisfied with the current battle, should they win. They will pick a fight with someone sooner or later about some other bullshit that offends them.

Makes more sense to fight for someone elses rights BEFORE the fight is about YOUR rights.

A reality show celebrity is Rosa Parks who knew? Next thing we know Bruce Jenner will be the next Kennedy.

Bible Schmible.
Point is, those who want tolerance are being intolerant themselves. So what if someone quotes scriptures? Are you forced to listen? No.
Nobody is FORCING anyone to do anything. Except assholes who want to FORCE people to accept their way of thinking and FORCE them to NOT change the channel but must watch, listen, hear, see otherwise they are destroyed in some form or another.

This is really starting to piss me off.

Good. Get pissed off. Nobody is keeping Phil Robertson from citing scripture or voicing his opinions. It's just that A&E doesn't want somebody on their network who makes disparaging remarks about gay or black people.

Don't worry. You'll survive. Another dumb ass show will come along to distract you from the real troubles in life.

There are a lot of awakened folks like you out there that see the risk to EVERYONEs freedoms, and that is good.

But these fascists are NEVER satisfied with the current battle, should they win. They will pick a fight with someone sooner or later about some other bullshit that offends them.

Makes more sense to fight for someone elses rights BEFORE the fight is about YOUR rights.

Oh brother

Incorrect Poindexter.

Slavery wasn't addressed or condemned in the Bible.

But homosexuality is strongly condemned as sin in several places.

Big difference........ :cool:

You now have zero credibility with anything concerning religion.

Please point out where he was wrong. My guess is that he is. But since you now have the opportunity, for the first time in your miserable existence on this board, to actually provide some back up...please do so.

Speaking of zero credibility.

Shouldn't you be on a different site, or at least posting here as a sock, Welching Matilda?

Bible Schmible.
Point is, those who want tolerance are being intolerant themselves. So what if someone quotes scriptures? Are you forced to listen? No.
Nobody is FORCING anyone to do anything. Except assholes who want to FORCE people to accept their way of thinking and FORCE them to NOT change the channel but must watch, listen, hear, see otherwise they are destroyed in some form or another.

Yeah!

Nutter Logic 101

"If you don't tolerate my being intolerant, you are intolerant!"

Bible Schmible.

Quoting scripture is not what got duckboy in trouble.

What got him in trouble was comparing gays to terrorists and theives and then opining wistfully of the superiority of a vagina over an anus.

Oh, and the stupid comments about blacks probably didn't help him, either.

phil robertson is our generartion's rosa parks

bwah ha ha ha ha! Bwah ha ha ha ha!
bwah ha ha ha ha! Bwah ha ha! Bwah ha ha! Bwah ha ha! Bwah ha ha ha ha!
bwah ha ha ha ha!
bwah ha ha ha ha!
bwah ha ha ha ha!
bwah ha ha ha ha!
bwah ha ha ha ha!
bwah ha ha ha ha!
bwah ha ha ha ha!

phil robertson is our generartion's rosa parks

bwah ha ha ha ha!
bwah ha ha ha ha!
bwah ha ha ha ha!
bwah ha ha ha ha!
bwah ha ha ha ha!
bwah ha ha ha ha!
bwah ha ha ha ha!

Dude, get sober at least once a week, eh?

The liberal big whigs at A&E thought they were going to produce a reality series about Christian rednecks from the south that people would laugh at.

But much to their chagrin the series touched a nerve with the vast majority of the American public and proved to be wildly popular. ..... :thup:

Yeah, A&E is pissed that a show on their network is popular :cuckoo:

Which is why they just ripped it to shreds, jack ass, loll, yeah right.

GLAAD is probably in Washington DC right now lobbying for government prosecution.

I fully expect the family and business to be audited by the IRS for years since they went into business. Along with all employment records back to the day Phil and his wife started selling duck calls door to door. Then the DEA will find a vast marijuana farm on Phil's property. The EPA will claim the lake on the Robertson property is dangerous to the habitat of some frog that went extinct a million years ago. Who works there? Do they have sufficient black or mexican employees? Do they discriminate against illegals or felons? That has to violate a few laws.

How about that Church? Preaching against homosexuality might be political speech. It has been so held before.

A reality show celebrity is Rosa Parks who knew? Next thing we know Bruce Jenner will be the next Kennedy.

Yeah and when Rosa Parks rode that bus, who knew what she would become at that time back then?

Phil Robertson is going to give A+E a big whoopin, and his defiance of big wiggery at A+E is encouraging to millions.

You don't want to compare that to some mythologized icon, that is your right.

But all the same, this is going to be discussed a century from now, just like Parks is now.

Forum List

Back