Phil Robertson is our generartion's Rosa Parks

The liberal big whigs at A&E thought they were going to produce a reality series about Christian rednecks from the south that people would laugh at.

But much to their chagrin the series touched a nerve with the vast majority of the American public and proved to be wildly popular. ..... :thup:

9 -14 million people is the vast majority? News to me. What we have here is a vocal minority of the populace flooding message boards and phone boards. This will blow over just like the Chic Filet controversey.

Which was a huge win for the Jesus loving Bible thumping demographic, putz.

The liberal big whigs at A&E thought they were going to produce a reality series about Christian rednecks from the south that people would laugh at.

But much to their chagrin the series touched a nerve with the vast majority of the American public and proved to be wildly popular. ..... :thup:

9 -14 million people is the vast majority? News to me. What we have here is a vocal minority of the populace flooding message boards and phone boards. This will blow over just like the Chic Filet controversey.

Which was a huge win for the Jesus loving Bible thumping demographic, putz.

Not really.

The founder of Chick Fil-A backed down from his funding of Homophobic groups...

Chick-fil-A Backs Down, Will Stop Funding Anti-Gay Groups | Alternet

He then proceeded to resign his leadership position.

Truett Cathy steps down as CEO of Chick-fil-A | 11alive.com

So it strikes me if your CEO has to stop the offensive behavior and THEN has to step down as CEO, you really didn't win the argument.

I'm not sure I'd go quite that far.

Illinois GOP congressional candidate Ian Bayne: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson is the Rosa Parks of our generation

A Republican candidate for Congress from Illinois says ‘Duck Dynasty’ patriarch Phil Robertson is the ‘Rosa Parks of our generation.’Ian Bayne, 39, and running for the House of Representatives seat for the 11th District of Illinois, made the comparison to Ms Parks in an official statement released Friday on his website.Mr Bayne, from the Chicago suburb of Aurora, is running against a handful of other candidates in the 2014, according to the*Daily Herald, which first flagged the remarks.‘In December 1955, Rosa Parks took a stand against an unjust societal persecution of black people, and in December 2013, Robertson took a stand against persecution of Christians,’ Mr Bayne*said.*‘What Parks did was courageous,’ he added. ‘What Mr. Robertson did was courageous too.’The GOP candidate’s comparison of the reality star to the famous civil rights activist came under immediate criticism.Read more:*Illinois GOP congressional candidate Ian Bayne: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson is the Rosa Parks of our generation' | Mail Online us:*@MailOnline on Twitter*|*DailyMail on Facebook

Illinois GOP congressional candidate Ian Bayne: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson is the Rosa Parks of our generation' | Mail Online

Absolutely absurd and gross ignorance of what blacks like Rosa Parks faced.

on this I must publicly agree., How in the hell could Mr. Robertson be compared to Rosa Parks?

I'm not sure I'd go quite that far.

Illinois GOP congressional candidate Ian Bayne: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson is the Rosa Parks of our generation

Illinois GOP congressional candidate Ian Bayne: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson is the Rosa Parks of our generation' | Mail Online

on this I must publicly agree., How in the hell could Mr. Robertson be compared to Rosa Parks?

The symbolism, mostly.

Rosa Parks bus riding incident was a carefully planned affair by her friends at the ACLU and the US Communist party. Parks was never a communist herself but she did attend their meetings regularly, so go figure.

The thing is, she woke up a huge demographic slice of Americans and it was the turning point in the civil rights struggle to end racial segregation.

This incident with Phil Robertson may be more similar than most realize. He may have worked with other pro-Christian advisers to set this whole thing up to bait the GLAAD and similar fascist groups into doing their predictable 'fire him or else' threats. I don't know, but it would explain a few things I have been wondering about.

But the biggest similarity is how much Robertson has awakened Bible believing Christians in this country to an unavoidable Truth (unless you are a libtard liar); the PC Gestapo consider the Bible itself to be offensive and therefore any quotation from it on controversial topics to be hate speech. They usually wont come right on out and say it, but you can read between the lines to get it.

The Robertson case is flagrant censorship of Robertson's free speech MORAL rights, not talking legal rights but the moral right to be able to freely speak your mind. Not only has he been fired for quoting paraphrased from the Bible, but nothing he said would be considered offensive by most people. His quotes about preferring vagina to butthole is something most of us would agree with, but it isn't PC because the militant homosexuals don't like it and see it as opportunity to flex their political muscles and make A+E bow to them.

I have seen a good percentage of my Christian friends, many of whom who never discuss religion, getting outraged over how Robertson has been treated. And the usual pervs have come out defending GLAAD which has also heightened the outrage among my Christian friends. These pervs they thought were fair previously and only asking to be treated fairly, but now are clearly exposed as wanting far more than just to not be harassed and bullied like most homosexuals want. These militant pervs want everyone to shut up and don't say anything about their perversions unless it is to support them.

Phil Robertson has the courage to speak his mind regardless of the consequences, and that has not only awakened a huge segment of the population but it has emboldened them to speak up themselves, many for the first time in their lives. This is a watershed moment in American life.

That is pretty much why some are comparing Robertson to Parks.

I like it simply because it pisses all the libtards off, lol.

Last edited:

The symbolism, mostly.

Rosa Parks bus riding incident was a carefully planned affair by her friends at the ACLU and the US Communist party. Parks was never a communist herself but she did attend their meetings regularly, so go figure.

The thing is, she woke up a huge demographic slice of Americans and it was the turning point in the civil rights struggle to end racial segregation.

This incident with Phil Robertson may be more similar than most realize. He may have worked with other pro-Christian advisers to set this whole thing up to bait the GLAAD and similar fascist groups into doing their predictable 'fire him or else' threats. I don't know, but it would explain a few things I have been wondering about.

But the biggest similarity is how much Robertson has awakened Bible believing Christians in this country to an unavoidable Truth (unless you are a libtard liar); the PC Gestapo consider the Bible itself to be offensive and therefore any quotation from it on controversial topics to be hate speech. They usually wont come right on out and say it, but you can read between the lines to get it.

The Robertson case is flagrant censorship of Robertson's free speech MORAL rights, not talking legal rights but the moral right to be able to freely speak your mind. Not only has he been fired for quoting paraphrased from the Bible, but nothing he said would be considered offensive by most people. His quotes about preferring vagina to butthole is something most of us would agree with, but it isn't PC because the militant homosexuals don't like it and see it as opportunity to flex their political muscles and make A+E bow to them.

I have seen a good percentage of my Christian friends, many of whom who never discuss religion, getting outraged over how Robertson has been treated. And the usual pervs have come out defending GLAAD which has also heightened the outrage among my Christian friends. These pervs they thought were fair previously and only asking to be treated fairly, but now are clearly exposed as wanting far more than just to not be harassed and bullied like most homosexuals want. These militant pervs want everyone to shut up and don't say anything about their perversions unless it is to support them.

Phil Robertson has the courage to speak his mind regardless of the consequences, and that has not only awakened a huge segment of the population but it has emboldened them to speak up themselves, many for the first time in their lives. This is a watershed moment in American life.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I see nothing that could be compared to Parks and Roberts.

The symbolism, mostly.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I see nothing that could be compared to Parks and Roberts.

Parks opened up the discussion.

All of a sudden we had to talk about why this woman had to be at the back of the bus.Because of her color.

Roberts has opened the discussion on why if we don't want to fuck a man up the ass we are horrible human beings?

Give me a mother freaking break here.

I don't want to fuck a man up the ass? I'm now horrible?

The symbolism, mostly.

Just the opening of the discussion.

The symbolism, mostly.

Guess so, but I pointed out 1) their similar courage, 2) their similar impact on a wide number of Americans, and 3) the activation of a huge number of people to start fighting the good fight.

What makes you feel like these are not valid similarities? How many people in each generation meet all three points of comparison?

Frankly I wouldn't compare him to Parks myself, I would say that both of them are courageous personalities who decided to do what they had the right to do and to hell with the consequences.

I would say that they are 'heroic catalysts for change'.

Last edited:
The symbolism, mostly.

Guess so, but I pointed out 1) their similar courage, 2) their similar impact on a wide number of Americans, and 3) the activation of a huge number of people to start fighting the good fight.

What makes you feel like these are not valid similarities? How many people in each generation meet all three points of comparison?

Frankly I wouldn't compare him to Parks myself, I would say that both of them are courageous personalities who decided to do what they had the right to do and to hell with the consequences.

I would say that you are actually retarded.

I would say that you are actually retarded.

Well, then that merely makes me more certain that I have been correct, dude.

Forum List

Back