Phil Robertson is our generartion's Rosa Parks

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
I'm not sure I'd go quite that far.

Illinois GOP congressional candidate Ian Bayne: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson is the Rosa Parks of our generation

A Republican candidate for Congress from Illinois says ‘Duck Dynasty’ patriarch Phil Robertson is the ‘Rosa Parks of our generation.’Ian Bayne, 39, and running for the House of Representatives seat for the 11th District of Illinois, made the comparison to Ms Parks in an official statement released Friday on his website.Mr Bayne, from the Chicago suburb of Aurora, is running against a handful of other candidates in the 2014, according to the*Daily Herald, which first flagged the remarks.‘In December 1955, Rosa Parks took a stand against an unjust societal persecution of black people, and in December 2013, Robertson took a stand against persecution of Christians,’ Mr Bayne*said.*‘What Parks did was courageous,’ he added. ‘What Mr. Robertson did was courageous too.’The GOP candidate’s comparison of the reality star to the famous civil rights activist came under immediate criticism.Read more:*Illinois GOP congressional candidate Ian Bayne: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson is the Rosa Parks of our generation' | Mail Online us:*@MailOnline on Twitter*|*DailyMail on Facebook

Illinois GOP congressional candidate Ian Bayne: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson is the Rosa Parks of our generation' | Mail Online

Illinois GOP congressional candidate Ian Bayne: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson is the Rosa Parks of our generation

A Republican candidate for Congress from Illinois says ‘Duck Dynasty’ patriarch Phil Robertson is the ‘Rosa Parks of our generation.’Ian Bayne, 39, and running for the House of Representatives seat for the 11th District of Illinois, made the comparison to Ms Parks in an official statement released Friday on his website.Mr Bayne, from the Chicago suburb of Aurora, is running against a handful of other candidates in the 2014, according to the*Daily Herald, which first flagged the remarks.‘In December 1955, Rosa Parks took a stand against an unjust societal persecution of black people, and in December 2013, Robertson took a stand against persecution of Christians,’ Mr Bayne*said.*‘What Parks did was courageous,’ he added. ‘What Mr. Robertson did was courageous too.’The GOP candidate’s comparison of the reality star to the famous civil rights activist came under immediate criticism.Read more:*Illinois GOP congressional candidate Ian Bayne: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson is the Rosa Parks of our generation' | Mail Online us:*@MailOnline on Twitter*|*DailyMail on Facebook

Illinois GOP congressional candidate Ian Bayne: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson is the Rosa Parks of our generation' | Mail Online

Absolutely absurd and gross ignorance of what blacks like Rosa Parks faced.

• Banned

A Republican candidate for Congress from Illinois says ‘Duck Dynasty’ patriarch Phil Robertson is the ‘Rosa Parks of our generation.’Ian Bayne, 39, and running for the House of Representatives seat for the 11th District of Illinois, made the comparison to Ms Parks in an official statement released Friday on his website.Mr Bayne, from the Chicago suburb of Aurora, is running against a handful of other candidates in the 2014, acchording to the*Daily Herald, which first flagged the remarks.‘In December 1955, Rosa Parks took a stand against an unjust societal persecution of black people, and in December 2013, Robertson took a stand against persecution of Christians,’ Mr Bayne*said.*‘What Parks did was courageous,’ he added. ‘What Mr. Robertson did was courageous too.’The GOP candidate’s comparison of the reality star to the famous civil rights activist came under immediate criticism.Read more:*Illinois GOP congressional candidate Ian Bayne: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson is the Rosa Parks of our generation' | Mail Online us:*@MailOnline on Twitter*|*DailyMail on Facebook

May sound absurd right now, but it's looking more and more like we will come to the day that being a Christian from the south will nearly be a crime.

That show is both scripted and edited.

If the muckety mucks at A&E didn't want that "inflammatory" comment aired it wouldn't have been.

Period.

This is nothing but a publicity stunt designed to take advantage of the stupidity of the public and it's working.

• Banned
y
That show is both scripted and edited.

If the muckety mucks at A&E didn't want that "inflammatory" comment aired it wouldn't have been.

Period.

This is nothing but a publicity stunt designed to take advantage of the stupidity of the public and it's working.

The comments were not "aired", they are from a magazine interview completely unrelated to A&E.

May sound absurd right now, but it's looking more and more like we will come to the day that being a Christian from the south will nearly be a crime.

Oh my fucking god, stop with the pitiful little christian victim crap. He's NOT a Christian but that's not really the point.

The old DD fart broke the rules, went against the contract he signed and now has to pay the price. You hypocrites cheered when Alec Baldwin was fired but cheered Paula Deen's racism. You loved Don Imus' racism but couldn't stand it when the Dixie Chicks spoke out against George Bush. You will vote for any Repub crook, no matter how he lies, steals and cheats you. And, the worst, of course, the way you jerks have idolized a killer BECAUSE his victim was a black kid running away from his killer.

You wine about his "rights" while cheering the loss of rights of other Americans.

Quit hiding behind your bible thumping and have the same set of rules for everyone. Quit your fucking whining.

If you went against your own employer's rules and got shit canned, whose fault would it be?

Robertson, who grew up in the jim Crow South, claims that blacks were happy with the way things were then. He never heard them complain ... of course, most wouldn't complain around white folks.

Some scumbag Republican is comparing Phil Roberston, a white millionaire suspended from a tv show for saying stupid shit, to Rosa Parks?

Are you fucking kidding me?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjqccYmx13w#t=247]I am Second® - The Robertsons - YouTube[/ame]

Ugh, guess now I know what'll dominate news all this coming week.

Such an assinine comparison ya gotta figure it was strategic. Change the news' focus to this.

Last edited:
I notice too that the usual hypocrites are completely ignoring that he "married" his wife when she was 14yo.

Until I learned more about this, I just didn't really care much. Its like limbaugh, fox and other rw brain rotters. Don't like it? Don't watch it. And who really cares if the rw's are so stupid as to worship this shit? Really, what else would they watch?

But, as more about this bunch of back country rednecks has come out, its disgusting that the fools are idolizing him/them.

Be that as it may, he's low-life slime and the fools need to get a frikken grip on reality as opposed to the schlock that passes for "reality" on the boob tube.

Oh my fucking god, stop with the pitiful little christian victim crap. He's NOT a Christian but that's not really the point.

The old DD fart broke the rules, went against the contract he signed and now has to pay the price.
Are you a employee of A&E? What rules? Do you have the actual list? Have you read the contract he signed? What clause did he break in it?

Okay well, this Republican candidate is completely devoid of any brain waves. This is why I could never be a Republican, too many of them are allowed to say stuff like this and even get agreement from within their ranks.

That's all.

Last edited:

The old DD fart broke the rules, went against the contract he signed and now has to pay the price. You hypocrites cheered when Alec Baldwin was fired but cheered Paula Deen's racism. You loved Don Imus' racism but couldn't stand it when the Dixie Chicks spoke out against George Bush. You will vote for any Repub crook, no matter how he lies, steals and cheats you. And, the worst, of course, the way you jerks have idolized a killer BECAUSE his victim was a black kid away from his killer.

You about his "rights" while cheering the loss of rights of other Americans.

Quit hiding behind your bible thumping and have the same set of rules for everyone. Quit your fucking whining.

If you went against your own employer's rules and got shit canned, whose fault would it be?

HE IS A CHRISTIAN! GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT! He was expressing his belief in the Bible. So, that not allowed anymore?

But, as more about this bunch of back country rednecks has come out, its disgusting that the fools are idolizing him/them.

You are so not informed. These guys do not live in the back country. They live in a city called West Monroe, La in the suburbs. It's not backwoods at all. They only hunt ducks in the woods south of the city along the Ouachita River which runs through the cities of Monroe/West Monroe. And no, he didn't marry her when she was 14. They met when she was 14 and married several years later when it was legal to do so in Louisiana back then. Get your facts straight you unethical liberal.

You are so not informed. These guys do not live in the back country. They live in a city called West Monroe, La in the suburbs. It's not backwoods at all. They only hunt ducks in the woods south of the city along the Ouachita River which runs through the cities of Monroe/West Monroe. And no, he didn't marry her when she was 14. They met when she was 14 and married several years later when it was legal to do so in Louisiana back then. Get your facts straight you unethical liberal.

But when he met her, his pickup line was "NICE TOOTH!"

He's got an argument.

It ain't QUITE the same thing but the principles are real close together.

Forum List

Back