Phil Robertson is our generartion's Rosa Parks

But, as more about this bunch of back country rednecks has come out, its disgusting that the fools are idolizing him/them.

You are so not informed. These guys do not live in the back country. They live in a city called West Monroe, La in the suburbs. It's not backwoods at all. They only hunt ducks in the woods south of the city along the Ouachita River which runs through the cities of Monroe/West Monroe. And no, he didn't marry her when she was 14. They met when she was 14 and married several years later when it was legal to do so in Louisiana back then. Get your facts straight you unethical liberal.

But when he met her, his pickup line was "NICE TOOTH!"
See. You have defined yourself as a ignorant moron. Have you ever been to the cities of Monroe/West Monroe?

Last edited:
Even the celebrated Rosa Parks part in the civil rights struggle was scripted for public consumption.

The first woman to refused to go to the back of the bus was a young unmarried pregnant black girl named Claudette Colvin. She was arrested for refusing to set in the back of the bus 9 months before the famous Rosa Parks incident.

The leaders of the NAACP had decided she would prove to be too controversial.

So they picked Rosa Parks who was older, and who's dress and hair style fit the role model they want to be the face of their movement.

And then they staged the famous Rosa Parks act of defiance that led to her arrest. ... :cool:

Claudette Colvin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not sure I'd go quite that far.

and that is why they are tightening the grip on our throat.

because we are afraid to name the evil as it is - because it might offend somebody. enough with being nice. a bully understands the language of violence ( even if verbal or legal only) -nothing else.

So Rosa Parks supposedly kick started the civil rights struggle. And now Phil Robertson is doing the same thing but with religion and his religious beliefs. What is the difference? There are many ONE PERSON people who started something that supposedly leads to a common cause. Some of you don't know what that common cause is...which could many causes. So what? All it takes is the first domino to fall over. And one just did. Hence..the latest witch hunt. Sorry, but this one isn't going as well as some thought it would.

d7f5776ec3964e096fefbab618b24b13.jpg

Illinois GOP congressional candidate Ian Bayne: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson is the Rosa Parks of our generation
Incorrect.

Ms. Parks was subject to state and city laws that codified segregation policy on Montgomery City busses. She was arrested and charged with violating those laws, which were ruled un-Constitutional by the Supreme Court:

Washington, Nov. 13th An Alabama law and a city ordinance requiring segregation of races on intrastate buses were declared invalid by the Supreme Court today.

The Court affirmed a ruling by a three-judge Federal court that held the challenged statutes "violate the due process and equal protection clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States."

High Court Rules Bus Segregation Unconstitutional

Robertson, on the other hand, was subject to no such laws, no lawmaking entity sought to violate his freedom of speech, he is neither arrested nor charged with any crime, and his liberty is in no way in jeopardy.

Clearly conservative ignorance of the Constitution, its case law, and the law in general is among their greatest disadvantages.

Illinois GOP congressional candidate Ian Bayne: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson is the Rosa Parks of our generation
Incorrect.

Ms. Parks was subject to state and city laws that codified segregation policy on Montgomery City busses. She was arrested and charged with violating those laws, which were ruled un-Constitutional by the Supreme Court:

Washington, Nov. 13th An Alabama law and a city ordinance requiring segregation of races on intrastate buses were declared invalid by the Supreme Court today.

The Court affirmed a ruling by a three-judge Federal court that held the challenged statutes "violate the due process and equal protection clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States."

High Court Rules Bus Segregation Unconstitutional

Robertson, on the other hand, was subject to no such laws, no lawmaking entity sought to violate his freedom of speech, he is neither arrested nor charged with any crime, and his liberty is in no way in jeopardy.

Clearly conservative ignorance of the Constitution, its case law, and the law in general is among their greatest disadvantages.
Your self appointed legal pontifications aside.

Both Phil Robertson and Rosa Parks are just the staged PR faces of different societal struggles and movements.

Similar in some respects; and different in others. ... :cool:

Absolutely absurd and gross ignorance of what blacks like Rosa Parks faced.

May sound absurd right now, but it's looking more and more like we will come to the day that being a Christian from the south will nearly be a crime.

Oh my fucking god, stop with the pitiful little christian victim crap. He's NOT a Christian but that's not really the point.
E
The old DD fart broke the rules, went against the contract he signed and now has to pay the price. You hypocrites cheered when Alec Baldwin was fired but cheered Paula Deen's racism. You loved Don Imus' racism but couldn't stand it when the Dixie Chicks spoke out against George Bush. You will vote for any Repub crook, no matter how he lies, steals and cheats you. And, the worst, of course, the way you jerks have idolized a killer BECAUSE his victim was a black kid running away from his killer.

You wine about his "rights" while cheering the loss of rights of other Americans.

Quit hiding behind your bible thumping and have the same set of rules for everyone. Quit your fucking whining.

If you went against your own employer's rules and got shit canned, whose fault would it be?

I knew my comments would upset you Lewdey, so thanks for making my day! :lol:

Anyway, I'm personally not comparing this guy to Rosa Parks, but more and more we see people from the south, especially Christians, being demonized, and I do believe we are getting closer to the point where there will be massive discrimination directed towards these people.

O
I notice too that the usual hypocrites are completely ignoring that he "married" his wife when she was 14yo.

Until I learned more about this, I just didn't really care much. Its like limbaugh, fox and other rw brain rotters. Don't like it? Don't watch it. And who really cares if the rw's are so stupid as to worship this shit? Really, what else would they watch?

But, as more about this bunch of back country rednecks has come out, its disgusting that the fools are idolizing him/them.

Be that as it may, he's low-life slime and the fools need to get a frikken grip on reality as opposed to the schlock that passes for "reality" on the boob tube.

:lol:

This was a grand plan for A&E to end the most popular show in its history. It was making the network too much money.

We need a statue of him on the National Mall......Right next to MLK

The liberal big whigs at A&E thought they were going to produce a reality series about Christian rednecks from the south that people would laugh at.

But much to their chagrin the series touched a nerve with the vast majority of the American public and proved to be wildly popular. ..... :thup:

the liberal big whigs at a&e thought they were going to produce a reality series about christian rednecks from the south that people would laugh at.

But much to their chagrin the series touched a nerve with the vast majority of the american public and proved to be wildly popular. ..... :thup:

exactly!!!!

That show is both scripted and edited.

If the muckety mucks at A&E didn't want that "inflammatory" comment aired it wouldn't have been.

Period.

This is nothing but a publicity stunt designed to take advantage of the stupidity of the public and it's working.

So was Rosa Parks. She was chosen to play the part because she was not impeachable like the young black girl who refused to give up her seat long before Rosa got the part from central casting.

Yes, they are compared. Why not? Rosa started a movement of ENOUGH ALREADY with the "back of the bus" shit. Phil started a movement that INTOLERANTS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED concerning religous freedom and speech to that religion they practice.

It all begins with one step. Both took one.

To each his or her own. Personally, I admire the Robertsons. I wish I was part of their family. Looks like over a million people feel the same way.

To each his or her own. Personally, I admire the Robertsons. I wish I was part of their family. Looks like over a million people feel the same way.

Which family? The clean-cut yuppie millionaires they were? Or the long-haired redneck family they pretended to be later?

Forum List

Back