Phil Robertson is our generartion's Rosa Parks

To each his or her own. Personally, I admire the Robertsons. I wish I was part of their family. Looks like over a million people feel the same way.

Gracie, I admire them as well, and I believe has a right to his opinion.

But the issue is business and contract, not religion. A&E has its rights as well.

To each his or her own. Personally, I admire the Robertsons. I wish I was part of their family. Looks like over a million people feel the same way.

Which family? The clean-cut yuppie millionaires they were? Or the long-haired redneck family they pretended to be later?
By the way, the picture of the pre beard days are just of the sons who were in college fresh out of high school. The daddy has always had the beard for the past 30 years like his brother.

They don't look like a redneck family:

duck-dynasty-robertson-family-statement.jpg

duck-dynasty-family-holiday-photo.jpg

Last edited:
Man, I should've known better than to think that most people on here would condemn this as an idiotic comparison. Some of you need to get your freaking heads checked.

Anyone comparing the hill billy to Rosa Parks and what she did has a brain incapable of discerning the difference between a elephant and a mouse. What a dumbass. :lol:

All Rosa Parks did was sit on a bus seat and get arrested; and it only furthered the goals of black people.

Whereas, Phil Robertson spoke up for all Christian's of every color who oppose the LGBT/GLADD homo agenda.

Big difference.......... :cool:

[

Absolutely absurd and gross ignorance of what blacks like Rosa Parks faced.

May sound absurd right now, but it's looking more and more like we will come to the day that being a Christian from the south will nearly be a crime.

NO, there will just be a point where you will no longer be able to cite the bible and Jesus to rationalize your bigotry.

And it will be the Churches putting the Kaybosh on that shit.

Just like you aren't going to see any Church today, not even those in the South, insist that Slavery was A-Okay because it says so in the Bible.

You see, people used to use the bible to rationalize all sorts of bad behavior, from genocide to witch-burnings to slavery.... and they could find pretty convincing verses to back up their positions.

Until such time as society would no longer tolerate those ills, and the Churches don't make those arguments or us the "But that was the Old Testament" argument for them.

In 20 years, when gay marriage is just as accepted as straight marriage, all the churches are going to be denying they had anything to do with the bigotry.

Probably faster than the civil rights movement, because frankly, average folks are more likely to have at least one gay person staring back at them at Thanksgiving dinner.

Last edited:
Incorrect Poindexter.

Slavery wasn't addressed or condemned in the Bible.

But homosexuality is strongly condemned as sin in several places.

Big difference........ :cool:

Guy, I respect the fact you weren't raised in the Judeo-Christian tradition... but...

What the Bible says about Slavery

Exodus 21:2
If thou buy an Hebrew servant....

Exodus 21:7
If a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant....

Exodus 21:20-21
And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished. Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money.

Exodus 22:3
If he have nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft.

Leviticus 22:11
If the priest buy any soul with his money....

Leviticus 25:39
And if thy brother that dwelleth by thee be waxen poor, and be sold unto thee....

Leviticus 25:44-46
Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids. Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession. And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever.

Ephesians 6:5
Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ.

Colossians 3:22
Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God.

1 Timothy 6:1
Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.

Titus 2:9-10
Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again; Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.

1 Peter 2:18
Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.

Bible Schmible.
Point is, those who want tolerance are being intolerant themselves. So what if someone quotes scriptures? Are you forced to listen? No.
Nobody is FORCING anyone to do anything. Except assholes who want to FORCE people to accept their way of thinking and FORCE them to NOT change the channel but must watch, listen, hear, see otherwise they are destroyed in some form or another.

This is really starting to piss me off.

Some scumbag Republican is comparing Phil Roberston, a white millionaire suspended from a tv show for saying stupid shit, to Rosa Parks?

Are you fucking kidding me?

Apparently not.

Incorrect Poindexter.

Here are 42 references to slavery in the Bible:

What Does the Bible Say About Slavery?

From your link:

Ephesians 6:5 ESV / 103 helpful votes

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ,

I've posted this one before. And the point was that some refuse to condemn slavery because of the passages in the Bible that support it. You can't really blame them. If they are brainwashed into believing the Bible is the word of God, then why is slavery wrong if God or any part of the Holy Trinity approves.

Incorrect Poindexter.

You now have zero credibility with anything concerning religion.

Incorrect Poindexter.

Please point out where he was wrong. My guess is that he is. But since you now have the opportunity, for the first time in your miserable existence on this board, to actually provide some back up...please do so.

Incorrect Poindexter.

Please point out where he was wrong. My guess is that he is. But since you now have the opportunity, for the first time in your miserable existence on this board, to actually provide some back up...please do so.

What the fuck is wrong with you, you ignorant idiot turd. Read Post 50 and 52 and check out the link in post 52.

Why "GUESS" when someone posts the information right there in front of your fucking face? Jesus.

Incorrect Poindexter.

Here are 42 references to slavery in the Bible:

What Does the Bible Say About Slavery?

From your link:

Ephesians 6:5 ESV / 103 helpful votes

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ,

I've posted this one before. And the point was that some refuse to condemn slavery because of the passages in the Bible that support it. You can't really blame them. If they are brainwashed into believing the Bible is the word of God, then why is slavery wrong if God or any part of the Holy Trinity approves.

St Paul was not addressing the morality of slavery, but simply telling Christians to obey the laws of the land and, by implication, of the times.

St. Paul's instructions would apply to a Christian paying taxes that go to things he feels immoral as much as to a caucasian slave being told to obey his owner, which by law of the land then was his obligation.

BTW, fuck you, you little lying shithead.

I'm not sure I'd go quite that far.

Illinois GOP congressional candidate Ian Bayne: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson is the Rosa Parks of our generation

A Republican candidate for Congress from Illinois says ‘Duck Dynasty’ patriarch Phil Robertson is the ‘Rosa Parks of our generation.’Ian Bayne, 39, and running for the House of Representatives seat for the 11th District of Illinois, made the comparison to Ms Parks in an official statement released Friday on his website.Mr Bayne, from the Chicago suburb of Aurora, is running against a handful of other candidates in the 2014, according to the*Daily Herald, which first flagged the remarks.‘In December 1955, Rosa Parks took a stand against an unjust societal persecution of black people, and in December 2013, Robertson took a stand against persecution of Christians,’ Mr Bayne*said.*‘What Parks did was courageous,’ he added. ‘What Mr. Robertson did was courageous too.’The GOP candidate’s comparison of the reality star to the famous civil rights activist came under immediate criticism.Read more:*Illinois GOP congressional candidate Ian Bayne: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson is the Rosa Parks of our generation' | Mail Online us:*@MailOnline on Twitter*|*DailyMail on Facebook

Illinois GOP congressional candidate Ian Bayne: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson is the Rosa Parks of our generation' | Mail Online

Absolutely absurd and gross ignorance of what blacks like Rosa Parks faced.

But dude!! According to Phil, they were just happy to be on the bus at all!

:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back