Pack The Supreme Court? Absolutely

More to the point, this is an extreme situation that demands extreme responses.

What is extreme about it?

Democrats think Trump being elected is extreme and requires an extreme response.

YOU LOST! Deal with it.

Ginsberg died...it happens...now she needs to be replaced...so what is extreme? The leftists aren't getting their way?

So you need to "justify" your extreme responses by calling a normal situation "extreme"?

Yes, she should be replaced. After the election. If Trump wins, ACB gets confirmed and I'll have no issue with that. If Trump loses, Biden gets to nominate his own judge. McConnell set this standard. I don't give two shits if Trump is an incumbent. There is still a possibility of a new President being selected. The people deserve a say in the matter.

"The people deserve a say in the matter."

You are absolutely right. And they do and did have a say in the matter....They elected Donald J Trump as their President ( Yes he is the President and you should probably get over it already) for 4 years....not 3 years and 9 months....4 years. Their choice for 4 years...not 3 years and 9 months....has made his choice for the next Supreme Court Justice. The people also had their say in the Senate for a term of 6 years, one third of which ends January 2021....Not November 2020. Now, their advise and consent to the next Supreme Court Justice will be made doing the peoples will.

With the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the nomination of a polar opposite replacement, only one response that makes any sense: Expand the Supreme Court. The only real question is by how much. There are other responses that can do some good — perhaps even more good. But without court expansion, the existing court can, and almost certainly will, strike them down.

Yes, some call it an extreme step. But there’s a more extreme step: Simply ignore the court’s decisions — as some Republicans argued in the 1850s, in response to the Dred Scott decision. More to the point, this is an extreme situation that demands extreme responses. As Boston College law professor Kent Greenfield tweeted on Sept. 21:

Yes, some call it an extreme step. But there’s a more extreme step: Simply ignore the court’s decisions — as some Republicans argued in the 1850s, in response to the Dred Scott decision. More to the point, this is an extreme situation that demands extreme responses.

The pipe dream of a Christian theocracy, with unfettered capitalism, is about to run up on a snag.
Here is the difference between Dimwingers and Republicans. Republicans put Constitutionalists on the SC, Dimwingers put activist judges who like to legislate from the bench.

That's why you are so butthurt over a far left activist being replaced by someone who will follow the Constitution when making rulings.

Dimwingers can't have the SC follow the Constitution, hence this PACK THE COURT WITH LIBTARDS dumbassery.

Democrats think Trump being elected is extreme and requires an extreme response.

YOU LOST! Deal with it.

Ginsberg died...it happens...now she needs to be replaced...so what is extreme? The leftists aren't getting their way?

So you need to "justify" your extreme responses by calling a normal situation "extreme"?

Yes, she should be replaced. After the election. If Trump wins, ACB gets confirmed and I'll have no issue with that. If Trump loses, Biden gets to nominate his own judge. McConnell set this standard. I don't give two shits if Trump is an incumbent. There is still a possibility of a new President being selected. The people deserve a say in the matter.

You are absolutely right. And they do and did have a say in the matter....They elected Donald J Trump as their President ( Yes he is the President and you should probably get over it already) for 4 years....not 3 years and 9 months....4 years. Their choice for 4 years...not 3 years and 9 months....has made his choice for the next Supreme Court Justice. The people also had their say in the Senate for a term of 6 years, one third of which ends January 2021....Not November 2020. Now, their advise and consent to the next Supreme Court Justice will be made doing the peoples will.

Again, I don't care about advise and consent. You lost that argument when you denied Obama his pick. Unless I've been asleep, he was to serve until January, 2017. So it's irrelevant. McConnell set the standard. You don't get to alter the standard just because it's your guy in the Oval Office.

YOU LOST! Deal with it.

Again, I don't care about advise and consent. You lost that argument when you denied Obama his pick. Unless I've been asleep, he was to serve until January, 2017. So it's irrelevant. McConnell set the standard. You don't get to alter the standard just because it's your guy in the Oval Office.
You obviously don't know what advise and consent means, Dummy. Barry wasn't denied his pick. He made it.

Numerous SC justices have been confirmed during an election year. Just so happens it was when the WH and Sen were controlled by the same party. You need a history lesson, Tardboi..

With the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the nomination of a polar opposite replacement, only one response that makes any sense: Expand the Supreme Court. The only real question is by how much. There are other responses that can do some good — perhaps even more good. But without court expansion, the existing court can, and almost certainly will, strike them down.

Yes, some call it an extreme step. But there’s a more extreme step: Simply ignore the court’s decisions — as some Republicans argued in the 1850s, in response to the Dred Scott decision. More to the point, this is an extreme situation that demands extreme responses. As Boston College law professor Kent Greenfield tweeted on Sept. 21:

Yes, some call it an extreme step. But there’s a more extreme step: Simply ignore the court’s decisions — as some Republicans argued in the 1850s, in response to the Dred Scott decision. More to the point, this is an extreme situation that demands extreme responses.

The pipe dream of a Christian theocracy, with unfettered capitalism, is about to run up on a snag.
Here is the difference between Dimwingers and Republicans. Republicans put Constitutionalists on the SC, Dimwingers put activist judges who like to legislate from the bench.

That's why you are so butthurt over a far left activist being replaced by someone who will follow the Constitution when making rulings.

Dimwingers can't have the SC follow the Constitution, hence this PACK THE COURT WITH LIBTARDS dumbassery.

Nailed it. RBG didnt follow the Constitution. She was trash.

She was an awful legislator.

Stenberg v. Carhart

Ginsburg cited Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey to argue that a Nebraska law banning partial birth abortion did not seek to protect the lives of women as it was written. Under the law, doctors could lose their medical license for performing the procedure if done so without regard to the health of the expecting mother.

In 2000, the court struck down the law after finding it violated due process.

"A state regulation that 'has the purpose or effect of placing a substantial obstacle in the path of a woman seeking an abortion of a nonviable fetus, violates the Constitution," Ginsburg wrote. "Such an obstacle exists if the State stops a woman from choosing the procedure her doctor reasonably believes will best protect the woman in [the] exercise of [her] constitutional liberty."

I am opposed to either side expanding and packing the court. We need a term limit. For the supreme court, and congress.

On this, I will agree completely. Too many lifers on both sides. Unfortunately, in our present system of governing and party structure, I don't see how it happens.

8 years for Representatives
12 years for Senators
15 years for SC judges

YOU LOST! Deal with it.

You obviously don't know what advise and consent means, Dummy. Barry wasn't denied his pick. He made it.

Numerous SC justices have been confirmed during an election year. Just so happens it was when the WH and Sen were controlled by the same party. You need a history lesson, Tardboi..

The Senate refused to consider his nominee and even vote on it.
Again, not the point. Don't care who was confirmed in an election year. The Senate majority leader set the standard.
You lost the high ground on this argument.

YOU LOST! Deal with it.

Exactly. advise and consent doesnt mean accuse a perfectly suitable judge of gang rape. Liberals are fucked in the head.

YOU LOST! Deal with it.

Again, not the point. Don't care who was confirmed in an election year. The Senate majority leader set the standard.
Not the first time a nominee from a Prez from the opposing party wasn't confirmed during an election year. Like I said, you need a history lesson, Tardboi.

Repeat after me: Justice Amy Coney Barrett. :banana: :banana: :banana:

YOU LOST! Deal with it.

Exactly. advise and consent doesnt mean accuse a perfectly suitable judge of gang rape. Liberals are fucked in the head.

Kavanaugh was a scumbag. Like Thomas before him. The only people fucked in the head are the people that supported these nominees (and yes, I'll give Biden a minus for that).

Did you hear anyone making the same allegations against Neil Gorsuch?

The D's brought up the idea about adding justices to the Supreme Court. And they will be pissed when the GOP wins and actually does it next month, after they are the ones who brought it up.

YOU LOST! Deal with it.

Kavanaugh was a scumbag. Like Thomas before him. The only people fucked in the head are the people that supported these nominees (and yes, I'll give Biden a minus for that).

There was ZERO evidence against Kavanaugh, Tardboi.

None.

YOU LOST! Deal with it.

Not the first time a nominee from a Prez from the opposing party wasn't confirmed during an election year. Like I said, you need a history lesson, Tardboi.

Again nothing to do with it. See Mitch for the standard.
ACB=>Illegitimate pick in that case. If Trump wins, she's in. Easy.

Be careful what you dance for here. If Biden wins and Democrats take control of the Senate, an expanded and packed court is exactly what you may get.
Given what we know conservatives would like to impose on the masses, I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with that.

YOU LOST! Deal with it.

Again nothing to do with it. See Mitch for the standard.
ACB=>Illegitimate pick in that case. If Trump wins, she's in. Easy.

Be careful what you dance for here. If Biden wins and Democrats take control of the Senate, an expanded and packed court is exactly what you may get.
Given what we know conservatives would like to impose on the masses, I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with that.
Barrett isn't an illegitimate pick you raveing lunatic.

You need a civics lesson too, Tardboi.

YOU LOST! Deal with it.

None.

There was LOTS, true believer. The guy was a complete scumbag.
Hey, did you ever ask yourself, why didn't Trump nominate ACB then instead of a guy his handlers told him was going to be an issue?
Birds of a feather? Smidge bit of misogyny?

YOU LOST! Deal with it.

None.

Hey, did you ever ask yourself, why didn't Trump nominate ACB then instead of a guy his handlers told him was going to be an issue?
Such as? Lets see the evidence.

The weirdo lady didn't know where it happened, or even what year. And her two supposed "witnesses" contradicted her story. Plus, she was caught in multiple lies.

Only a single digit IQ fuckwit like you would buy her story.

YOU LOST! Deal with it.

None.

The weirdo lady didn't know where it happened, or even what year. And her two supposed "witnesses" contradicted her story. Plus, she was caught in multiple lies.

Yet they dont believe Biden finger raped Tara Reade.

YOU LOST! Deal with it.

None.

The evidence was in her testimony. Several Republican Senators said her story was believable. And she wasn't the only one. Which should have disqualified the scumbag right there. Sorry, I don't think scumbags should be allowed to serve on the highest court. Same thing should have happened to Thomas after Anita Hill gave her testimony. Again, you didn't hear anything like these allegations coming out against Alito, Roberts, Gorsuch. Trump nominated him because he liked the fact that he saw Kavanaugh as someone who was just like him. He didn't nominate ACB...because she was a woman. The only reason she's up for nomination right now is because RBG died and it's politically expedient.

Forum List

Back