Pack The Supreme Court? Absolutely

With the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the nomination of a polar opposite replacement, only one response that makes any sense: Expand the Supreme Court. The only real question is by how much. There are other responses that can do some good — perhaps even more good. But without court expansion, the existing court can, and almost certainly will, strike them down.

Yes, some call it an extreme step. But there’s a more extreme step: Simply ignore the court’s decisions — as some Republicans argued in the 1850s, in response to the Dred Scott decision. More to the point, this is an extreme situation that demands extreme responses. As Boston College law professor Kent Greenfield tweeted on Sept. 21:

Yes, some call it an extreme step. But there’s a more extreme step: Simply ignore the court’s decisions — as some Republicans argued in the 1850s, in response to the Dred Scott decision. More to the point, this is an extreme situation that demands extreme responses.

The pipe dream of a Christian theocracy, with unfettered capitalism, is about to run up on a snag.

A Christian Theocracy is bloody exactly what America's future holds. Complete with a ninth Crusade and a neo-Inquisition. You damn well better be shaking in your sandals.

Leftists your ideas are so bankrupt and hated by Americans you must use the court system to shove them down our throats. It's been happening for 50 years.

I can say the same thing about rightists using legislation and the courts. I saw it happen right here in my own town in the mid 90's. A minority uses the court and legislation to impose its will on the majority.
is this like when gays tried to force a Christian baker to make them a wedding cake through the courts?

Leftists your ideas are so bankrupt and hated by Americans you must use the court system to shove them down our throats. It's been happening for 50 years.

I can say the same thing about rightists using legislation and the courts. I saw it happen right here in my own town in the mid 90's. A minority uses the court and legislation to impose its will on the majority.

Ofcourse you use the I know you are but what am I defense.

Why would anyone care if a few judges are added?

More is better
November 4th is coming for you fascists, its not gonna end well for you... :flameth:

Make sure you go out to vote on November 4th
Yes, liberals, listen to what your homie says. Go vote on the fourth.
Not me

I already voted by mail
my 20 ballots I paid for will trump your one lol

More is better
hell you leftists are shitting your pampers over three supreme court picks suppose Trump loaded the courts down in his first term and do more in his second term?

If the Democratically elected Congress decides we need a few more judges.......why would you object?

Let the voters decide like they did with Barrett

More is better
November 4th is coming for you fascists, its not gonna end well for you... :flameth:

Not me

I already voted by mail
I guess your not smart enough to see I wasn't exactly talking to you.

More is better

Not me

I already voted by mail
I follow the law

I can see Conservatives don’t.

More is better

Not me

I already voted by mail
I guess your not smart enough to see I wasn't exactly talking to you.
Seems you were Skippy

More is better

Not me

I already voted by mail
I follow the law

Yeah, the law of the kool aid.

is this like when gays tried to force a Christian baker to make them a wedding cake through the courts?

I kinda just implied that. If they won't make them a cake, go to someone who will and let everyone know why instead of going to court. Instead of going to court to pick apart the ACA, find ways for it to be augmented and fixed. Point is, both sides do it.

More is better

Not me

I already voted by mail
I follow the law

In the words of Harry Reid it worked didn't it?

Exactly. It's called the tyranny of the minority. The Founders warned very clearly about it.

We set up shop over here to escape the tyranny of the minority. Namely the tyranny of the Catholic and Anglican churches, whom the kings and queens of Europe used to persecute the people for a thousand years.

There's no way in hell, modern day America once again falls under the rule of 6 Catholic extremists on the highest court, to impose it's will at the behest of crony capitalist, corporate extremism.

With the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the nomination of a polar opposite replacement, only one response that makes any sense: Expand the Supreme Court. The only real question is by how much. There are other responses that can do some good — perhaps even more good. But without court expansion, the existing court can, and almost certainly will, strike them down.

Yes, some call it an extreme step. But there’s a more extreme step: Simply ignore the court’s decisions — as some Republicans argued in the 1850s, in response to the Dred Scott decision. More to the point, this is an extreme situation that demands extreme responses. As Boston College law professor Kent Greenfield tweeted on Sept. 21:

Yes, some call it an extreme step. But there’s a more extreme step: Simply ignore the court’s decisions — as some Republicans argued in the 1850s, in response to the Dred Scott decision. More to the point, this is an extreme situation that demands extreme responses.

The pipe dream of a Christian theocracy, with unfettered capitalism, is about to run up on a snag.
Sure blow up the Supreme Court to insure perpetual Democratic rule of the country. One Party shall rule them all. That's what America is all about, right Skew?
How does Congress doing what they are Congessionaly mandatd to do blow up the Supreme Court?

Do you hate America?

Ofcourse you use the I know you are but what am I defense.

No. That's called the "You do it too, so stop complaining" argument.

I kinda just implied that. If they won't make them a cake, go to someone who will and let everyone know why instead of going to court. Instead of going to court to pick apart the ACA, find ways for it to be augmented and fixed. Point is, both sides do it.
well that's how leftists abuse the courts

Forum List

Back