One More Reason Why Trump Should Nix The Dept. of Education

My son took a look at the kids who were for Trump at his middle school, and looked at the low class, retarded, bigoted punks they were, and that helped him decide he hated Trump.

I think there should be national standards for education. If every state had their own standards and created their own tests to prove their students met the state standards, we would find some very low bars to reach.

The US DOE began operations in May 1980. Less than one year later, Ronald Reagan was sworn in. One of his campaign promises was to eliminate the DOE.

If the great Reagan could not strangle the DOE in its crib, there is no way a huckster like Trump will be able to do it.

My son took a look at the kids who were for Trump at his middle school, and looked at the low class kind of bigoted punks they were, and that helped him decide he hated Trump.

More like a 'chip off the old block'..........or...........the 'apple doesn't fall far from the tree'.............:mm:..........

Local control in the southern states would lead to a disaster. They are behind the times as it is. Couldn't lower the bar any lower.

My son took a look at the kids who were for Trump at his middle school, and looked at the low class kind of bigoted punks they were, and that helped him decide he hated Trump.

More like a 'chip off the old block'..........or...........the 'apple doesn't fall far from the tree'.............:mm:..........
The same can be said of the low class bigoted punks and the trees they fell out of.

The US DOE began operations in May 1980. Less than one year later, Ronald Reagan was sworn in. One of his campaign promises was to eliminate the DOE.

If the great Reagan could not strangle the DOE in its crib, there is no way a huckster like Trump will be able to do it.

If so, than that's a shame.

Local control in the southern states would lead to a disaster. They are behind the times as it is. Couldn't lower the bar any lower.

It's a nationwide disaster anyways (compared to the western industrialized world). You like paying for disasters. I like cleaning up after them. See the difference?

If so, than that's a shame.
Oh, it's so.

Here's the Gipper himself:
At 11:01 am Eastern Standard Time on a Sunday, President Carter’s new bureaucratic boondoggle was born, the Department of Education. Despite his campaign promises to reign in government growth, the president has help the bureaucracy again split and multiply. Indeed this is the presidents second new cabinet department. The first was the Department of Energy; unfortunately he didn’t learn his lesson from it.

<snip>

Finally, I would work to transfer back to states and local--localities programs, which do not belong at the federal level. Welfare and education are two functions that should be primarily be carried out at the state and local levels.

Reagan Calls Department of Education "Bureaucratic Boondoggle"

I kind of would like to see what would happen if we put the Department on hiatus for his term.
Didn’t a recent study show that test scores (at least) are not getting any better than they were since the Department’s founding?

Lets try something new. I’m game.

Forum List

Back