The democrats simply never let a disaster go to waste in an election year and again exploit the ignorant base. The Baltimore Bridge....

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Biden says Baltimore bridge rebuild should be paid for by the federal government after collapse
The president, who is headed to North Carolina on Tuesday, said he plans to visit Baltimore as “quickly” as he can.

You have to actually give credit to the demoncraps. They simply never let a disaster go to waste, especially in an election year. Here are some facts their stupid ignorant buffoons that make up the majority of their demented voting base won't know or care about.

First, they all recognize and are completely aware there is absolutely zero need for the federal government to pay for the rebuild of this bridge. The bridge is fully insured and the shipping company that caused the destruction is also fully insured.

There WILL BE AN INSURANCE PAYOUT TO BUILD THE BRIDGE.

SO WHY ARE THE DEMOCRATS DOING THIS?***

First they are fully aware that the insurance payout will only be for the rebuild of the bridge.

Second,they also recognize if they pass a bill to rebuild the bridge, they can add in all sorts of utter crap that will have ZERO TO DO WITH THE REBUILD, plus they can ALSO ADD IN ALL SORTS OF STIPULATIONS like..make sure they add in the diversity Equity and inclusion goals.

That gives them a ripe opportunity to talk crap about conservatives.

VERY PREDICTABLE*

The bill will go to the House.

The Republicans will challenge the whole reason why the bridge needs to be funded with federal money when they already have the funding by PRIVATE INSURANCE TO DO IT?

THEN.......

cnn and nbc will hype how Republicans don't care about the people of Baltimore.

The race card will be predictably deployed by sprinkling in some crap about how Republicans don't care about blacks.

ITS GOING TO BE POLITICAL.
ITS GOING TO BE RACIAL
ITS GOING TO BE USED AND HYPED IN CAMPAIGNS.

I'll save the post...and will bring it up when it happens and it will happen.

That's the ONLY REASON shitlips biden would make this completely and totally unnecessary pledge.

Last edited:
Biden says Baltimore bridge rebuild should be paid for by the federal government after collapse
The president, who is headed to North Carolina on Tuesday, said he plans to visit Baltimore as “quickly” as he can.

You have to actually give credit to the demoncraps. They simply never let a disaster go to waste, especially in an election year. Here are some facts their stupid ignorant buffoons that make up the majority of their demented voting base won't know or care about.

First, they all recognize and are completely aware there is absolutely zero need for the federal government to pay for the rebuild of this bridge. The bridge is fully insured and the shipping company that caused the destruction is also fully insured.

First they are fully aware that the insurance payout will only be for the rebuild of the bridge.

Second,they also recognize if they pass a bill to rebuild the bridge, they can add in all sorts of utter crap that will have ZERO TO DO WITH THE REBUILD, plus they can ALSO ADD IN ALL SORTS OF STIPULATIONS like..make sure they add in the diversity Equity and inclusion goals.

VERY PREDICTABLE*

The Republicans will challenge the whole reason why the bridge needs to be funded with federal money when they already have the funding by PRIVATE INSURANCE TO DO IT?

THEN.......

The race card will be predictably deployed by sprinkling in some crap about how Republicans don't care about blacks.

They will CAMPAIGN on this in the city of Baltimore. How Republicans don't care. The celebs will get involved.

That's the ONLY REASON shitlips biden would make this completely and totally unnecessary pledge.
It's a long trip from DC to B'more - 41 miles.

It is an interstate highway--a federal road.

Though heavily funded by the federal government, Interstate Highways are owned by the state in which they were built. With few exceptions, all Interstates must meet specific standards, such as having controlled access, physical barriers or median strips between lanes of oncoming traffic, breakdown lanes, avoiding at-grade intersections, no traffic lights and complying with federal traffic sign specifications. Interstate Highways use a numbering scheme in which primary Interstates are assigned one- or two-digit numbers, and shorter routes which branch off of longer ones are assigned three-digit numbers where the last two digits match the parent route. The Interstate Highway System is partially financed through the Highway Trust Fund, which itself is funded by a combination of a federal fuel tax and transfers from the Treasury's general fund.[5] Though federal legislation initially banned the collection of tolls, some Interstate routes are toll roads, either because they were grandfathered into the system or because subsequent legislation has allowed for tolling of Interstates in some cases.

That being said, it would seem to me that the bill should be sent to whomever owns the ship that took out the supports.

It is an interstate highway--a federal road.

Though heavily funded by the federal government, Interstate Highways are owned by the state in which they were built. With few exceptions, all Interstates must meet specific standards, such as having controlled access, physical barriers or median strips between lanes of oncoming traffic, breakdown lanes, avoiding at-grade intersections, no traffic lights and complying with federal traffic sign specifications. Interstate Highways use a numbering scheme in which primary Interstates are assigned one- or two-digit numbers, and shorter routes which branch off of longer ones are assigned three-digit numbers where the last two digits match the parent route. The Interstate Highway System is partially financed through the Highway Trust Fund, which itself is funded by a combination of a federal fuel tax and transfers from the Treasury's general fund.[5] Though federal legislation initially banned the collection of tolls, some Interstate routes are toll roads, either because they were grandfathered into the system or because subsequent legislation has allowed for tolling of Interstates in some cases.

That being said, it would seem to me that the bill should be sent to whomever owns the ship that took out the supports.

Understanding Bridge Insurance
Some of the largest construction projects ever completed in human history have been bridge-building projects. For example, the replacement of New York's 3.1-mile Tappan Zee Bridge cost $3.98 billion and is one of the largest single design-build contracts for a transportation project in the United States.

Reinsurers are expected to cover most Baltimore bridge costs
The legal battle will be over who pays for what in the shipping accident that could cost as much as $4 billion.

Sigh

VERY PREDICTABLE*

THEN.......

ITS GOING TO BE RACIAL

the shipping company/ shi[p owner certainly should rebuild the btidje. i guarantee that that this case will drag out longer than trump's insurrection charges. can the eastern xeaboard supply chain sustain that delay?

the owner of the ship will be found to be a corporation whose only asset is the ship (the barge that broke the levee in katrina, for example) , and that lloyd's will be reluctant to pay for more than damages to the ship.

the i 10 bridge over lake pontchartrain was alsodestroyed by katrina. temp repairs, thanks to DOT , were up in a few weeks.

VERY PREDICTABLE*

THEN.......

ITS GOING TO BE RACIAL

The federal government is responsible for federal roads. I695 is a federal road…Now, can the government go back to the insurance companies and retrieve funds? Yes…

Now, I can’t stand Biden, or todays dems, but Biden acting under proper authority…

The federal government is responsible for federal roads. I695 is a federal road…Now, can the government go back to the insurance companies and retrieve funds? Yes…

Now, I can’t stand Biden, or todays dems, but Biden acting under proper authority…
it does not disturb you a little that the same people who complain about the supply chain and inflation are willing to wait for an insurance company to pay as the traffic piles up and increased transportation costs drive inflation?

how would trump47 handle this?

same way he fixed covid and afhanastan and the border and everything else he touches.

The FIU collapsed pedestrian bridge was designed by an all female architect group.

I assume it was not only women who built it.

But here is what happens when you are preoccupied with DEI and ESG and not building the best bridge within the budget.

So here is how that turned out.

1712143453533.gif

Somebody fucked up. 6 dead people.

“The engineering design error that directly led to the collapse was identified by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) as a miscalculation of resistance to sliding of the connection between the walkway surface, and the truss that held it up. The walkway surface was poured concrete, which was allowed to harden before the truss braces were poured above it. These truss members were connected to the deck by steel reinforcing rodsembedded in the deck and in the concrete of the truss. In order to hold up the bridge these connections had to prevent the truss from sliding along the walkway surface. The resistance to sliding was miscalculated, and thus was not enough to prevent the connection from sliding causing cracks in the truss concrete. As the cracking enlarged, it ultimately caused the complete disconnection of one of the truss-to-walkway connections, leading to the collapse.“

DESIGN FLAW? HMMMMMMMMM

Yes and that's why I put up the information about bridge insurance and how it works. Really how all federal structures work. The insurance companies are still private companies and they are all insured just for such possibilities.

I'm in and have been in the insurance business for years. A bridge like the Key Bridge that is that vulnerable and that crucial would MOST CERTAINLY be fully insured.

To believe otherwise would be foolish. It is fully insured. The insurance companies always give flack to large payouts, but they will eventually pay it out cause they have to. They have the money. Oh it will hurt them, but they'll survive.

It's going to be a political game and the democrats know it's a golden opportunity to attack the conservatives with their same crap and their pets in the left wing media are all too happy and desperate to do whatever they can to destroy conservative values and candidates.

We will see when that bill for the tax payer to unnecessarily foot the bill for something that is already going to be compensated. As I said the difference is the insurance companies will ONLY pay for the bridge which will be as of now an estimated $4b.

That bill that the democrats will present to congress will be far larger than that and they know the Republicans will not go along. Conservative talk shows will point out all of the things added to the bill but that won't penetrate the hard contaminated heads of the democrat monkeys. They only listen to hollywood, the hype and the rest of the race card grenade throwers.

If it doesn't play out that way I'd be shocked. There was only one reason shitlips was so quick to announce the substantial financial unnecessary commitment. Only one reason.

OP, you're suggesting that the solution is to wait for the corporations i.e. the insurance companies and shipping companies to work out who will ultimately be responsible for the rebuild?

It not, then please spell out your solution forward.

it does not disturb you a little that the same people who complain about the supply chain and inflation are willing to wait for an insurance company to pay as the traffic piles up and increased transportation costs drive inflation?

same way he fixed covid and afhanastan and the border and everything else he touches.
I don’t think this is political. The federal government is responsible for repairs, and ensuring the commerce can flow back into the port asap. The respective insurance companies will work out their repayment as it goes…But, the response right now is on the government…That’s Congress.

I don’t think this is political. The federal government is responsible for repairs, and ensuring the commerce can flow back into the port asap. The respective insurance companies will work out their repayment as it goes…But, the response right now is on the government…That’s Congress.
no. it is not political.

there are prople in your party who will point at article 1 and reopen the canal debate settled in the 18th century or so. those founders just did not understand the constitution as well as today's maga.

OP, you're suggesting that the solution is to wait for the corporations i.e. the insurance companies and shipping companies to work out who will ultimately be responsible for the rebuild?

It not, then please spell out your solution forward.
Whatever you feel is not good, you are throwing out what is good and have for many years. We exist more and more with foreign slaves. We even had Mexicans doing repairs on the bridge when it collapsed.

Which will take months, if not years to actually pay out. There will be court cases on top of court cases to determine who is at fault and who has to pay.

So, the Fed Govt helps pay to fix it and then when the insurance pays out, the Fed Govt gets paid back.

no. it is not political.

there are prople in your party who will point at article 1 and reopen the canal debate settled in the 18th century or so. those founders just did not understand the constitution as well as today's maga.
I’m not sure what you’re getting at…The response is clearly laid out in the constitution.

Nope. Trump would cut the red tape and have the bridge rebuilt in record time.
If Screaming *Joe and the dems get involved it will be a giant boondoggle at taxpayer expense.

Which will take months, if not years to actually pay out. There will be court cases on top of court cases to determine who is at fault and who has to pay.

So, the Fed Govt helps pay to fix it and then when the insurance pays out, the Fed Govt gets paid back.
The only thing you have an issue with here is in the phrase “the federal government will help pay to fix it”. I say this is the sole responsibility of the federal government per th constitution.

Forum List

Back