Trump should turn over his businesses to a blind trust..........

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
You know, there have been other threads where people are saying that Trump should turn over his company to his kids in a blind trust because the possibility exists for things to look bad if he favors one country over another because of his properties.

But..................there is yet another reason why it would be prudent for Trump to turn over his business....................and that is one of the main things that everyone has been screaming about since 9/11, and that's terrorism.

Now, granted, Trump has his building in NYC that has been turned into a fortress by the NYPD and the SS, but that is just ONE property of his, and the rest are soft targets like golf courses and hotels. Since he's become president, he, as well as his family have made the target list of groups like ISIL and the Taliban. Probably others as well.

Now, since they can't storm the WH and hurt him there, nor can they do so in NYC because of all the security, what about places like his golf course in Scotland, or his hotels in the Middle East? If ISIL wanted to make huge headlines and say that they were striking a blow against the Great Satan, what better way to do it than to take down properties that he owns?

Me? Even if I had the money to stay in one of his hotels, I'd pick someplace else. With him becoming president, if he keeps control of his business, the terrorists would love to hit his properties and impact his pocketbook, and that makes his properties susceptible to attack.

I wonder if anyone has thought about increased security for his properties other than NYC?

I see a distinction.

Trump amassed a fortune; now wants to give that to his children and try to do for his fellow Americans what he has done for his children. The last of his motivations today is avarice.

The Clintons amassed a fortune selling two things:

1) Favors from the Secretary of State to foreign countries in exchange for money to the Clinton Foundation;

2) The likelihood that she would be president who could grant even more favors in the future....in exchange for money to the Clinton Foundation Today.

Their avarice has them in hock to enemies of the American people...like Saudi Arabia.

The former is a life well lived...the latter are a Crime Family, possibly treasonous.

I see a distinction.

Trump amassed a fortune; now wants to give that to his children and try to do for his fellow Americans what he has done for his children. The last of his motivations today is avarice.

1) Favors from the Secretary of State to foreign countries in exchange for money to the Clinton Foundation;

2) The likelihood that she would be president who could grant even more favors in the future....in exchange for money to the Clinton Foundation Today.

Their avarice has them in hock to enemies of the American people...like Saudi Arabia.

The former is a life well lived...the latter are a Crime Family, possibly treasonous.

Your post has nothing to do with the fact that Trump is now president elect, and after Jan 20th, he will be president and the face of America. You don't think that buildings emblazoned with his name and picture AREN'T going to be targets?

You know, there have been other threads where people are saying that Trump should turn over his company to his kids in a blind trust because the possibility exists for things to look bad if he favors one country over another because of his properties.

But..................there is yet another reason why it would be prudent for Trump to turn over his business....................and that is one of the main things that everyone has been screaming about since 9/11, and that's terrorism.

Now, granted, Trump has his building in NYC that has been turned into a fortress by the NYPD and the SS, but that is just ONE property of his, and the rest are soft targets like golf courses and hotels. Since he's become president, he, as well as his family have made the target list of groups like ISIL and the Taliban. Probably others as well.

Now, since they can't storm the WH and hurt him there, nor can they do so in NYC because of all the security, what about places like his golf course in Scotland, or his hotels in the Middle East? If ISIL wanted to make huge headlines and say that they were striking a blow against the Great Satan, what better way to do it than to take down properties that he owns?

Me? Even if I had the money to stay in one of his hotels, I'd pick someplace else. With him becoming president, if he keeps control of his business, the terrorists would love to hit his properties and impact his pocketbook, and that makes his properties susceptible to attack.

I wonder if anyone has thought about increased security for his properties other than NYC?

The problem for Trump, is he owns or has a hand in business in several foreign countries, including China. No President should go into office with a conflict of interest. But to put them in a blind trust would require that he sells off everything and all the cash goes into a blind trust.

IOW--his kids can't be running these companies--because that is still a conflict of interest. This is the importance of Presidential candidates releasing their income tax returns--to see if there are any conflicts of interest.

Now I am certain that Republicans aren't going to say much about it, but when Democrats take over the Senate and House in 2018--this will be their top priority.

The problem for Trump, is he owns or has a hand in business in several foreign countries, including China. No President should go into office with a conflict of interest. But to put them in a blind trust would require that he sells off everything and all the cash goes into a blind trust.

IOW--his kids can't be running these companies--because that is still a conflict of interest. This is the importance of Presidential candidates releasing their income tax returns--to see if there are any conflicts of interest.

Now I am certain that Republicans aren't going to say much about it, but when Democrats take over the Senate and House in 2018--this will be their top priority.

Yeah............I know the optics for his business dealings could look bad to some, but even more important is that Trump now has properties in foreign countries that ISIL and other terror groups are in, and many would probably love to blow up one of his hotels as a way to strike a blow against America, because Trump is the leader.

I wonder how good his security is in those places...............

I see a distinction.

Your post has nothing to do with the fact that Trump is now president elect, and after Jan 20th, he will be president and the face of America. You don't think that buildings emblazoned with his name and picture AREN'T going to be targets?

More far left religious dogma, from a far left drone that hates the FDR Democrat for the letter next to his name!

You libtards are amazing, here we go raising the standard to even the appearance of a conflict of interest for Trump when you were fine with the Clintons blatantly trading their government influence for money. I'm pretty sure you people are going to burn in hell.

You libtards are amazing, here we go raising the standard to even the appearance of a conflict of interest for Trump when you were fine with the Clintons blatantly trading their government influence for money. I'm pretty sure you people are going to burn in hell.

I'm less worried about the conflict of interest than I am about the fact that his foreign properties can become targets because of his presidency.

You people have no fucking clue what a Blind trust is. It would require him to sell everything and place the proceeds into a trust run by a appointed trustee. It is impossible to do that. Trying to sell everything that quickly is absurd. How about you try and come up with something a little more sensible.

I'm less worried about the conflict of interest than I am about the fact that his foreign properties can become targets because of his presidency.

A blind trust is not going to change that or is taking his name off the building, do you really think that's going to fool terrorists?

I see a distinction.

That's for Trump to worry about.

Not throwing rocks, a blind trust is the right thing to do. its to big of a job, try & lead & run a business at the same time.

Precisely !!! Really, the only way to avoid the conflicts of interest that will SURELY arise, is for Trump to divest all of his current interests (not just his kids running things.)

On the 60 minutes interview he candidly stated that his priorities are NOT his businesses but the welfare of the country....Let him live up to his rhetoric.

Not throwing rocks, a blind trust is the right thing to do. its to big of a job, try & lead & run a business at the same time.
He's handing the business to his children to run . Selling off his business is pure idiocy.

I wonder how good his security is in those places...............

Certainly we should NOT expect for US tax payers to fund security in Scotland or Dubai.....therefore, Trump needs to fund his OWN security and see how long that would last.

In all honesty, ANY of Trump's foreign properties should be avoided by any prospective customer/client........Too damn dangerous.

He's handing the business to his children to run . Selling off his business is pure idiocy.

Even an idiot like you should realize that since his kids sit on telephone calls with foreign dignitaries, the idea that the trust is really "blind' only fools idiots like you.

hey fuck head....IF you're objecting to Hillary's shady pay to play deals, then you have NO leg to stand on when the very same thing would be done by an orange president......

You CANNOT bitch on one hand and condone on the other, you hypocritical piece of dung.

Hey, moron.......will your ilk monitor Ivanka from visiting daddy, sitting on his lap, and stating......"dear daddy, what should we do about that business office property in Argentina....???"

Forum List

Back