Officer Who Pepper-Sprayed a Black Army Medic Is Fired

What I mean is that his hands were up and he was speaking calmly. He clearly wasn’t a threat.

Officers go through tons of routine traffic violations without drawing their weapons. This should have been a routine traffic stop.

Calmly explain why he was pulled over. Write him a ticket. Wish him well. It’s that simple.

The police officer screwed it up and now he’s out of a job. Maybe he should have tried DE-ESCALATING this situation.

Again, just because his hands were barely out of the window doesn't mean he's incapable of grabbing a firearm right next to him and kill a police officer. This was not a routine traffic stop by any stretch of the imagination. A routine traffic stop is where an office turns on his warning lights, the driver pulls over, and complies with the questions or demands of the officer. Is that what happened here?

So you are just assuming that based on your experience with television?

I call bullshit. Don’t pretend to know stuff you don’t know.

There’s not a damn reason he couldn’t act like a civilized human being and just talk to him because he was too busy trying to enforce his authority like a thug (my opinion).

That's what it is, your opinion. If I'm making an assumption "just" based on television (forgetting my personal experiences) then what are you basing your assumptions on? Do you think police create protocol based on each stop they make? They have no standard procedure and make procedure up at will?

There is a damn reason the officer responded the way he did.

1. The vehicle didn't stop for a mile after the officer turned on his warning lights.
2. The driver refused to exit his vehicle when commanded.
3. There was no visible license plate while trying to stop him.
4. The driver refused to get to the ground when commanded.

Don't pretend to know stuff you don't know.

There was a visible license card in the rear window.

Those were piss poor tactics on the part of the officer.

If a perpetrator refuses to obey multiple orders by law enforcement, force is their only option. In this case the use of pepper spray was the lesser of the force that could have been applied. Would you have preferred the deployment of the Taser?

How long was the time elapsed from first request to the spraying?

~~~~~~
Hmm..., were you there? neither was I.... Obviously the police were using police procedure.
Perhaps Lt. Nazario should be thankful that the LEO used pepper spray when he refused and resisted to follow lawful orders...

What was he going to do instead of pepper spray? Shoot him?

Again, just because his hands were barely out of the window doesn't mean he's incapable of grabbing a firearm right next to him and kill a police officer.

The same can be said of any traffic stop. Yet the majority of them are done without having guns drawn by police.

That’s how this one should have been treated. He wasn’t a threat. There was no indication that this should have been any different than a routine traffic stop.

The same can be said of any traffic stop. Yet the majority of them are done without having guns drawn by police.

That’s how this one should have been treated. He wasn’t a threat. There was no indication that this should have been any different than a routine traffic stop.

Except for the fact this was not a routine traffic stop, and I pointed to several factors as to why it was not. I also stated how a routine traffic stops are conducted.

We've all been involved in routine traffic stops. If I see the lights behind me, I immediately pull over for the officer. My license plate is in clear view. When the officer asks me for my drivers license, I don't ask him why I need to show it to him. I simply hand him my license. I don't refuse to comply until he answers my questions such as why I was pulled over. I'll find out soon enough. If the officer asks me to exit my vehicle, I exit my vehicle and await further instructions.

This is a routine traffic stop, and that didn't happen in this situation, therefore was not a routine traffic stop.

ABC8 News

Use of force expert says Windsor traffic stop involving Lt. Nazario was excessive force

“It went way off the hinges very quickly,” said use of force expert Timothy Williams Jr. Williams, who is also a retired Los Angeles police detective, said this is not how officers are trained to conduct traffic stops.

Read the rest of what he says in the link.

=====

That is what I have been trying to tell many here, that the police CREATED an escalating situation with guns drawn and and yelling from the start, then spray pepper on the victim who is still in the seat belted in with hands in the air empty, never a threat the entire time.

He was resisting out of fear as he told them, they ignored his fear and continued the high emotional actions, never deescalated as they should have to calm down the Army officer, no effort to gain his trust at all, just scream and scream, utter stupidity on the police. :cuckoo:

Now there is a lawsuit which I predict the Army officer will win easily.

The police acted incompetently.

So you are just assuming that based on your experience with television?

I call bullshit. Don’t pretend to know stuff you don’t know.

There’s not a damn reason he couldn’t act like a civilized human being and just talk to him because he was too busy trying to enforce his authority like a thug (my opinion).

That's what it is, your opinion. If I'm making an assumption "just" based on television (forgetting my personal experiences) then what are you basing your assumptions on? Do you think police create protocol based on each stop they make? They have no standard procedure and make procedure up at will?

There is a damn reason the officer responded the way he did.

1. The vehicle didn't stop for a mile after the officer turned on his warning lights.
2. The driver refused to exit his vehicle when commanded.
3. There was no visible license plate while trying to stop him.
4. The driver refused to get to the ground when commanded.

Don't pretend to know stuff you don't know.

I don’t pretend to know stuff I don’t know.

That’s why you don’t see me making shit up about policies. You don’t have any idea about that, just pretending like there’s some “rule” against telling him why they’re pointing guns at his face, which is absolutely the most absurd thing I’ve heard.

Id love to hear it. The policy that states you aren’t allowed to tell a person why he has a gun shoved in his face who is presenting no threat to to whatsoever. As if that makes the slightest bit of common sense.

Except for the fact this was not a routine traffic stop, and I pointed to several factors as to why it was not. I also stated how a routine traffic stops are conducted.

Looked fairly routine to me. No need to escalate the situation.

The police department agrees that they acted inappropriately. Shows you have no idea what you’re talking about. As usual.

How come they ended up letting him go after all the bullshit they did to him, no charges against him at all?

KMOV4

Officers used excessive force, threatened Army officer during traffic stop, lawsuit says

• BY DAKIN ANDONE AND CHRIS BOYETTE, CNN
  • UPDATED APR 11, 2021 | POSTED ON APR 10, 2021

Selected Excerpt:

Bodycam footage shows Gutierrez telling Nazario he understood the lieutenant chose to continue driving before stopping at the gas station for safety reasons, and that it "happens all the time" and "80% of the time -- not always -- it's a minority."
The officers ultimately released Nazario without charges. But the lawsuit claims the officers "engaged in conduct in an attempt to extort" Nazario's silence by saying "in no uncertain terms" that unless he "were to remain silent" the officers would "charge him with multiple crimes" and "destroy his military career."

======

The police screwed this up so freaking badly, I wonder how these two incompetent's got their badges, bribery? blackmail?

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

There was? So what were the letters and numbers on that tag?
Ask the cops. They read it off the back window after they had finished throwing him to the ground.

Officer Crocker himself says in his police report that it was indeed in the back window.:

The lawsuit said the license plate is visible in the bodycam video at three separate times. In his police report, Crocker acknowledged seeing the plate later in the altercation.

Crocker should have stopped right then when he found the temporary plate in the window, the very reason for stopping the driver in the first place, they had thought it was missing.

That is pure incompetence and will easily lose the lawsuit because of that alone.

Stupid! :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Last edited:
You are in full support of that cop's behavior, eh?
As much as you are in support of a US Army officer who disobeys lawful orders
What lawful orders??

~~~~~~
The police chased the SUV for driving one mile behind Nazario’s vehicle with their lights flashing, then confronted a belligerent driver who refused to exit his vehicle after multiple requests. He had no visible tag on his license plate, he was NON-COMPLIANT, when he did stop, he had a GUN in plain view!"
Instead of complying with the requests of the Latino police officer, a defiant Nazario tells him, “I’ve not committed any crime.” The two Windsor police officers can be seen drawing their guns and ordering him to get out. “I’m honestly afraid to get out,” Nazario tells them. One of the police officers replied, “Yeah dude, you should be.”

The officer are on record saying they were not upset with his long driving, after the police lights came on, said he understood what he was doing:

Bodycam footage shows Gutierrez telling Nazario he understood the lieutenant chose to continue driving before stopping at the gas station for safety reasons, and that it "happens all the time" and "80% of the time -- not always -- it's a minority."

:oops-28:

I heard him say that he intentionally drove to a well lighted area which is why he didn't stop immediately and that he was afraid to exit the vehicle.

You did? On which video and what time stamp?
Either on the national news with David Muir or CBS Evening News w/Nora O'Donnell although I don't think she was the anchor tonight.

Which one did they fire? I don't get why they didn't fire both.

If they only fired one, I hope it was the pepper spraying racist one.

That’s stupid. All of that could have been cleared up by simply TALKING to him.

Once he was stopped and had his hands out the window, he clearly wasn’t a threat. The police officers could have tried to DE-ESCALATE the situation by lowering their weapons and simply explaining to him why he was pulled over. Give him a ticket and done.

Those police officers acted terribly and their own police department agrees with me. That’s why that idiot is out of a job now.
What do you mean he clearly wasn't a threat? If he had a gun right next to him, it only takes one second for him to grab it and kill one of the police officers. So there was a possibility he was indeed a threat.
When you're carrying and you get stopped by the police, can't the same be said about you?

Biden should fire the Army medic not the police officer who was just doing his job

****Joe Gutierrez, who is accused of using excessive force during a traffic stop in Windsor, Va., has been dismissed, the town said.*****

He must be one of those white hispanics that the lib news media accuses of hating black people

.....and you have the nerve to question why folks call you a racist.

I have found this thread quite. . . . how shall we say. . . mmmmmm, enlightening as to who the real conservatives are on this forum, versus who the xenophobic racists are.

1jo2qvwpzwoz.jpg

Forum List

Back