Officer Who Pepper-Sprayed a Black Army Medic Is Fired

Those were piss poor tactics on the part of the officer.

If a perpetrator refuses to obey multiple orders by law enforcement, force is their only option. In this case the use of pepper spray was the lesser of the force that could have been applied. Would you have preferred the deployment of the Taser?

How long was the time elapsed from first request to the spraying?

~~~~~~
Hmm..., were you there? neither was I.... Obviously the police were using police procedure.

How would you know, you said you were not there either. :)

Police procedure huh? you mean pepper spraying people who are non violent, still buckled in his car with no indication of a weapon. It think that is a stupid police procedure to follow as it causes an unnecessary escalation.

Meanwhile you should watch that video JET posted, it is a far better way to address someone being stopped from driving than this typically sloppy law enforcement activity I see many times in the news.

~~~~~~
Link?

The same can be said of any traffic stop. Yet the majority of them are done without having guns drawn by police.

I am a Whitey. In the mid 1990's I had my 1986 Mustang 5.0 painted gloss black over the factory gray metallic. I neglected to inform the DMV. A chink cop ran my license at a stop light as they are trained to do and being somewhat clueless and unfamiliar with car models the chink assumed it was a stolen plate and approached me with gun drawn (but pointed to the ground) after I immediately pulled over. I explained the situation and even showed him the door jams were still metallic gray (way more expensive to get door jams painted) and he said to be sure to call the DMV for the paint color change and have a nice day. No ticket, no taking out a cell phone to film the encounter hoping to get a ghetto lottery prize (which obviously I couldn't since I am not a Black), just behaving like a civilized person makes police encounters pretty uneventful!

Last edited:
That’s stupid. All of that could have been cleared up by simply TALKING to him.

Once he was stopped and had his hands out the window, he clearly wasn’t a threat. The police officers could have tried to DE-ESCALATE the situation by lowering their weapons and simply explaining to him why he was pulled over. Give him a ticket and done.

Those police officers acted terribly and their own police department agrees with me. That’s why that idiot is out of a job now.
What do you mean he clearly wasn't a threat? If he had a gun right next to him, it only takes one second for him to grab it and kill one of the police officers. So there was a possibility he was indeed a threat.
When you're carrying and you get stopped by the police, can't the same be said about you?

Actually it would take less than a second gab the gun raise it a shoot. Additionally as a lawful holder of a weapon, Lt. Nazario should have advised the LEO's that he was in possession of a loaded pistol which he did not. Thankfully the Police Officer used non lethal force to subdue him in he plainly resistance to the request to get out of the vehicle.

Last edited:
,o1 a-3.jpg

Those were piss poor tactics on the part of the officer.

If a perpetrator refuses to obey multiple orders by law enforcement, force is their only option. In this case the use of pepper spray was the lesser of the force that could have been applied. Would you have preferred the deployment of the Taser?

How long was the time elapsed from first request to the spraying?

~~~~~~
Hmm..., were you there? neither was I.... Obviously the police were using police procedure.

How would you know, you said you were not there either. :)

Police procedure huh? you mean pepper spraying people who are non violent, still buckled in his car with no indication of a weapon. It think that is a stupid police procedure to follow as it causes an unnecessary escalation.

Meanwhile you should watch that video JET posted, it is a far better way to address someone being stopped from driving than this typically sloppy law enforcement activity I see many times in the news.

~~~~~~
Link?

Page one, post 17

Once he was stopped and had his hands out the window, he clearly wasn’t a threat. The police officers could have tried to DE-ESCALATE the situation by lowering their weapons and simply explaining to him why he was pulled over. Give him a ticket and done.

Those police officers acted terribly and their own police department agrees with me. That’s why that idiot is out of a job now.
What do you mean he clearly wasn't a threat? If he had a gun right next to him, it only takes one second for him to grab it and kill one of the police officers. So there was a possibility he was indeed a threat.
When you're carrying and you get stopped by the police, can't the same be said about you?

Actually it would take less than a second gab the gun raise it a shoot. Additionally as a lawful holder of a weapon, Lt. Nazario should have advised the LEO's that he was in possession of a loaded pistol which he did not. Thankfully the Police Officer used non lethal force to subdue him in he plainly resistance to the request to get out of the vehicle.

How come you are ignoring multiple links showing that they DIDN'T follow police procedures.?

I can't imagine how mentioning to those PARTICULAR cops that he was armed would have done anything to improve and/or not escalate the situation. That's exactly what Philando Castile did even though he was not required by Minnesota law to do so and he was killed for his efforts.

When the police put their lights on, Nazario slowed down and turned his emergency lights on to indicate that he intends to stop.

Officer: "So like I told you, as far as you not stopping, that you weren't comfortable, you wanted a well lit spot, lieutenant that happens all the time. It happens to me a lot."

Last edited:
Xpo, are you implying that law abiding motorists should not pull over when a cop is behind them indicating for them to pull over. Are you f*cking insane?

Afterward, the officer seems to try to get Nazario to look past the entire incident.

Officer: "There's no need for this to be on your record. I don't want it to be on your record. However it's entirely up to you if you want to fight and argue - and I don't mean that disrespectfully. You have that right as a citizen. If that's what you want, we'll charge you. It doesn't change my life either way."

LoL. Well there were no charges against Nazario and it did change the officer's life - it got his ass fired. Seems like he knew he messed up and he didn't want to get in trouble. Tried to threaten that something would go on Nazario's record, but not exactly sure what.

So Xpo, you define slowing down and turning hazards on as the same as pulling over and complying with the cops? :cuckoo:

So Xpo, you define slowing down and turning hazards on as the same as pulling over and complying with the cops? :cuckoo:

He turned on the emergency lights and slowed down to indicate that he intends to stop in a safe location.

The officer indicated that this happens all the time.

If that is what the officer said (I assume you confirmed it was true) I am not disputing that. Just seems bizarre and anti-intuitive. Why would a mentally ill person with a loaded pistol and a pitbull be afraid to pull over anywhere?

If that is what the officer said (I assume you confirmed it was true) I am not disputing that. Just seems bizarre and anti-intuitive. Why would a mentally ill person with a loaded pistol and a pitbull be afraid to pull over anywhere?

To be around other people in case the officers show excessive force.

Okay good point. But WHY? And why did the dude turn on the iPhone video during the stop? Is the internet indirectly encouraging morons to f*ck with the cops to get Ghetto Lotteries? It is so simply if he complied. Again with all the shooting on cops lately, they want motorists to not f*ck with them. The dude would have been on his way in minutes after they confirmed why he did not have a plate, etc., had he behaved like he was not a nutcase.

Okay good point. But WHY? And why did the dude turn on the iPhone video during the stop? It is so simply if he complied. Again with all the shooting on cops lately, they want motorists to not f*ck with them. The dude would have been on his way in minutes after they confirmed why he did not have a plate, etc., had he behaved like he was not a nutcase.

To record an incident in the event that excessive force is used. Without the video, it turns into a he said/she said and many people will automatically believe what the officer says without video evidence.

This guy, for example, lied on his police report. It wouldn't have been caught without the video.

Forum List

Back