Obama going pro pot?

Will legalizing weed lead to more people smoking? Probably.
The Netherlands decriminalized marijuana use in 1976. The only increase they've noted is by tourists. Use has not increased in the adult population, and use by adolescents has actually decreased, probably because the lure of the illicit factor has been eliminated. It's legal now and the kids aren't so fascinated by it anymore. So why should we expect a different result?

I lived in New York City during the sixties and seventies when marijuana was decriminalized and readily available. There were "head-shops" everywhere and people were openly growing it in their back yards. But there were absolutely no indications of increased usage, either by adults or by adolescents.

Also, if there is any harm associated with marijuana use it is because of its illegality, which makes crops contaminated with toxic and carcinogenic pesticides and growth hormones available. Legalization not only will eliminate this problem but will make a wide variety of edible marijuana products available, which over time will significantly reduce smoking as the most common means of enjoying cannabis. The only reason these edibles are not available now is prohibition.

And yes weed is a gateway drug, so is caffeine, tobacco, and alcohol. BAN THEM ALL!!!
And no, weed is not a "gateway" drug. If you doubt that, Google these keywords: Gateway Drug Nonsense and educate yourself.

As someone who smokes bud i can tell you from experience that it is a gateway drug. I don't need research studies to tell me what i have already seen.

The more you smoke the more likely it is that you will be put in a position where someone will offer you harder drugs. To me that's a gateway drug.

Now will smoking weed made it more likely that you get addicted to coke or heroine? I doubt it.

But anyone who smokes on regular bases knows that buying bud leads to offers of buying harder drugs.

Really? I've been smoking and buying grass off and on for more than thirty years and not once have I ever been offered "harder drugs."

Never have I sought "harder drugs."

Cigarettes are more of a "gateway drug" than weed...

[
As someone who smokes bud i can tell you from experience that it is a gateway drug. I don't need research studies to tell me what i have already seen.

The more you smoke the more likely it is that you will be put in a position where someone will offer you harder drugs. To me that's a gateway drug.

Now will smoking weed made it more likely that you get addicted to coke or heroine? I doubt it.

But anyone who smokes on regular bases knows that buying bud leads to offers of buying harder drugs.
Wrong! What you are telling us is you have an addictive personality -- whether or not you choose to believe it.

I used marijuana fairly regularly throughout the sixties and seventies when I lived in New York City and it was decriminalized there. The only reason we (my late wife and I) stopped using it was Ronald Reagan's insane War On Drugs made it a felony.

Neither of us ever tried any other recreational substance, nor did we drink alcohol, nor did we ever experience an urge to "experiment."

Again, what you are saying refers only to those who have addictive personalities. If there was any truth to the "gateway drug" myth there would be degenerate junkies nodding out on every corner of every city in America. Because it is estimated that no less then forty million Americans use marijuana.

The Netherlands decriminalized marijuana use in 1976. The only increase they've noted is by tourists. Use has not increased in the adult population, and use by adolescents has actually decreased, probably because the lure of the illicit factor has been eliminated. It's legal now and the kids aren't so fascinated by it anymore. So why should we expect a different result?

I lived in New York City during the sixties and seventies when marijuana was decriminalized and readily available. There were "head-shops" everywhere and people were openly growing it in their back yards. But there were absolutely no indications of increased usage, either by adults or by adolescents.

Also, if there is any harm associated with marijuana use it is because of its illegality, which makes crops contaminated with toxic and carcinogenic pesticides and growth hormones available. Legalization not only will eliminate this problem but will make a wide variety of edible marijuana products available, which over time will significantly reduce smoking as the most common means of enjoying cannabis. The only reason these edibles are not available now is prohibition.

And no, weed is not a "gateway" drug. If you doubt that, Google these keywords: Gateway Drug Nonsense and educate yourself.

Really? I've been smoking and buying grass off and on for more than thirty years and not once have I ever been offered "harder drugs."

Never have I sought "harder drugs."

Cigarettes are more of a "gateway drug" than weed...

Yea but you know who to ask if you're looking. Someone who has never touched weed wouldn't know where to start.

If my boy gets lucy, molly, or boomers he lets his clientele know. Typically people who deal bud are willing to deal other drugs and buy them when they come around.

But yea if you never show any willingness to take harder drugs it wont be shoved down you're throat.

[

Wrong! What you are telling us is you have an addictive personality -- whether or not you choose to believe it.

I used marijuana fairly regularly throughout the sixties and seventies when I lived in New York City and it was decriminalized there. The only reason we (my late wife and I) stopped using it was Ronald Reagan's insane War On Drugs made it a felony.

Neither of us ever tried any other recreational substance, nor did we drink alcohol, nor did we ever experience an urge to "experiment."

Again, what you are saying refers only to those who have addictive personalities. If there was any truth to the "gateway drug" myth there would be degenerate junkies nodding out on every corner of every city in America. Because it is estimated that no less then forty million Americans use marijuana.

Umm no i don't have a highly addictive personalty. I, like you, haven't experimented with anything above bud.

Maybe we just have different definitions of the term "gateway drug"

I don't think weed makes you more likely to get addicted to harder drugs.

I think buying weed puts you in a situation where you are more likely to come across harder drugs. and this is problem that would be greatly reduced with legalization :cool:.

Last edited:
Will legalizing weed lead to more people smoking? Probably.

And yes weed is a gateway drug, so is caffeine, tobacco, and alcohol. BAN THEM ALL!!!

So, it's the black market element that is the gateway to other drugs they want to sell not the experience? Because it is illegal, buyers are exposed to other products the seller has to offer. A quick and cheap solution to that is.......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eetrxNlR-M]Neil Young - Homegrown (Live at Farm Aid 1986) - YouTube[/ame]

So, it's the black market element that is the gateway to other drugs they want to sell not the experience? Because it is illegal, buyers are exposed to other products the seller has to offer. A quick and cheap solution to that is.......

Yeah i guess thats what ive been trying to say. The way weed is currently bought and sold (black market) makes it a gateway for getting into other drugs. If i never smoked bud i don't think i would have ever seen things like lucy or boomers. Thats what makes it a gateway drug.

Beer isnt good for me but im glad it's consumption is my choice.

so? What the fuck has that to do with what I asked?

I DO! One hit a day around 6:00. That and weightlifting are my two most efficient stress relief activities.

Also everyone with medical problems that went from popping 15 pills a day to smoking weed probably think it's good for them.

How many of you idiots thinks marijuana is bad for you?

scientific facts say it is bad for you retard. It is 7 times more carcinogen then a cigarette .

so? What the fuck has that to do with what I asked?

I DO! One hit a day around 6:00. That and weightlifting are my two most efficient stress relief activities.

Also everyone with medical problems that went from popping 15 pills a day to smoking weed probably think it's good for them.

scientific facts say it is bad for you retard. It is 7 times more carcinogen then a cigarette .

Yeah but THC reduces the effects of the Carcinogenic substances (which is why THC concentrates are used to combat cancer) while nicotine enhances it's effects.

Thats why people who smoke weed don't get lung cancer, but tabacco smokers do.

Yeah but THC reduces the effects of the Carcinogenic substances (which is why THC concentrates are used to combat cancer) while nicotine enhances it's effects.

And every time a bell rings a angle gets its wings.

That is Reefer Madness propaganda.

Do you know how many harmful chemicals are used in producing cigarettes? If not, go here: What in tobacco smoke is harmful?

Now, can you tell us specifically what is harmful about marijuana -- other than the toxic and carcinogenic pesticides and growth-inducing chemicals used by illegal growers? The fact is uncontaminated marijuana is absolutely benign.

So don't be so readily taken in by the lies and distortions found in all Reefer Madness propaganda put forth by government. It's all lies and the truth is easy enough to find -- if one is interested in finding it.

Yeah i guess thats what ive been trying to say. The way weed is currently bought and sold (black market) makes it a gateway for getting into other drugs. If i never smoked bud i don't think i would have ever seen things like lucy or boomers. Thats what makes it a gateway drug.

It is a gateway law then, because that is the effect of the law not the drug.

Maybe, i wouldn't know.

What i do know is that there has never been a link between Marijuana consumption and lung cancer. The same can not be said about tobacco.

But if you could find one link or instance where smoking weed has led to someone's death then feel free to enlighten me.

It is a gateway law then, because that is the effect of the law not the drug.

Yeah, but the problem is that i live in reality. We can't go back 70 years and stop what the black market has done to the drug. Right now the law and the drug are intertwined. It is was it is, cause doesn't matter only the effect does.

Hopefully legalization will help.

Pot no more dangerous than alcohol.

That's the first true thing Obama has said since he was elected.
Actually it's not nearly as dangerous as alcohol -- which probably is the most dangerous drug of all.

Alcohol kills hundreds of thousands of Americans every year and makes hundreds of thousands more seriously sick. Alcohol is responsible for most domestic violence and incites thousands of violent crimes as well as thousands of DUI deaths and property loss.

But there is no record anywhere in the annals of medical science that shows marijuana being responsible for one death or illness. Not one. Marijuana is absolutely benign. And those who disagree with that either choose to remain ignorant or are brainwashed, because the truth is readily available to all who are willing to look for it.

One excellent source of information is this book: Marijuana, The Forbidden Medicine, by Dr. Lester Grinspoon, MD, PhD, Professor of Psychiatric Medicine, Harvard University.

The strokes, heart attacks and traffic collisions don't count. All the people pothead Jared Loughner killed don't count either. The dead children who died because parents were too potted to take care of them don't count. Ignore the pothead that left the baby on top of the car then drove off sending the kid flying into the street.

Yeah someone is brainwashed.

Pot no more dangerous than alcohol.

That's the first true thing Obama has said since he was elected.
Actually it's not nearly as dangerous as alcohol -- which probably is the most dangerous drug of all.

Alcohol kills hundreds of thousands of Americans every year and makes hundreds of thousands more seriously sick. Alcohol is responsible for most domestic violence and incites thousands of violent crimes as well as thousands of DUI deaths and property loss.

But there is no record anywhere in the annals of medical science that shows marijuana being responsible for one death or illness. Not one. Marijuana is absolutely benign. And those who disagree with that either choose to remain ignorant or are brainwashed, because the truth is readily available to all who are willing to look for it.

One excellent source of information is this book: Marijuana, The Forbidden Medicine, by Dr. Lester Grinspoon, MD, PhD, Professor of Psychiatric Medicine, Harvard University.

The strokes, heart attacks and traffic collisions don't count. All the people pothead Jared Loughner killed don't count either. The dead children who died because parents were too potted to take care of them don't count. Ignore the pothead that left the baby on top of the car then drove off sending the kid flying into the street.

Yeah someone is brainwashed.

Are you claiming that if Loughner hadn't smoked pot he wouldn't have murdered those people?

Maybe, i wouldn't know.

What i do know is that there has never been a link between Marijuana consumption and lung cancer. The same can not be said about tobacco.

But if you could find one link or instance where smoking weed has led to someone's death then feel free to enlighten me.

I don't think anyone has OD'ed with Marijuana however accidents do happen.

Forum List

Back