Zone1 Are There Prophets Around Today?

Just wondering because it seems like all the prophecies that I've been having lately have been coming true and I want to know what others around here think.

I'd say to be careful. You don't want to end up like John the Baptist.

1663795051763.png

That's not how prophecies work and all the ones I've been having lately have to do with person IRL stuff.

Acts 2:17-18

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Hebrews 1:1-2

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Revelations 19:10

10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Many more examples here, too numerous to quote...

The Gift of Prophecy - The Gospel Coalition

Apparently, that is how you think prophecies work. You said that the prophecies you've been having lately have been coming true, as if you're foretelling the future.

I only know what God tells me as He tells me what I need to know and when I need to know it. I don't just go around doing it whenever I feel like it.

Acts 2:17-18

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Hebrews 1:1-2

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Revelations 19:10

10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Many more examples here, too numerous to quote...

The Gift of Prophecy - The Gospel Coalition

So, what does all of this mean exactly?

I only know what God tells me as He tells me what I need to know and when I need to know it. I don't just go around doing it whenever I feel like it.

So, what does all of this mean exactly?

It means that after the Pentecost, the Holy Spirit gave Jesus' believers some of the same powers he had: The ability to speak in tongues, prophesize, to heal, or even to perform miracles if their faith was strong enough.

It means that after the Pentecost, the Holy Spirit gave Jesus' believers some of the same powers he had: The ability to speak in tongues, prophesize, to heal, or even to perform miracles if their faith was strong enough.

Yeah well all I can do is help people and give them emotional healing. None of that other stuff but I still believe it's possible. :)

Yeah well all I can do is help people and give them emotional healing. None of that other stuff but I still believe it's possible. :)

Same here. My amount of faith has sadly dwindled to less than that of a mustard seed. There are just too many pretty shiny things in this world that I don't want to go without and frankly, I'm not very good at turning the other cheek.

Same here. My amount of faith has sadly dwindled to less than that of a mustard seed. There are just too many pretty shiny things in this world that I don't want to go without and frankly, I'm not very good at turning the other cheek.
We all have human weakness and need our faith to sustain us when we are led astray.

Forum List

Back