Obama going pro pot?

Yeah i guess thats what ive been trying to say. The way weed is currently bought and sold (black market) makes it a gateway for getting into other drugs. If i never smoked bud i don't think i would have ever seen things like lucy or boomers. Thats what makes it a gateway drug.

It is a gateway law then, because that is the effect of the law not the drug.

Yeah, but the problem is that i live in reality. We can't go back 70 years and stop what the black market has done to the drug. Right now the law and the drug are intertwined. It is was it is, cause doesn't matter only the effect does.

Hopefully legalization will help.

As long as citizens have the right to grow their own, I'll have no problem with it.

And every time a bell rings a angle gets its wings.

Maybe, i wouldn't know.

What i do know is that there has never been a link between Marijuana consumption and lung cancer. The same can not be said about tobacco.

But if you could find one link or instance where smoking weed has led to someone's death then feel free to enlighten me.

I don't think anyone has OD'ed with Marijuana however accidents do happen.

Do you want the next brake job on your car done by a stoned pimply faced kid? :lol:

Actually it's not nearly as dangerous as alcohol -- which probably is the most dangerous drug of all.

Alcohol kills hundreds of thousands of Americans every year and makes hundreds of thousands more seriously sick. Alcohol is responsible for most domestic violence and incites thousands of violent crimes as well as thousands of DUI deaths and property loss.

But there is no record anywhere in the annals of medical science that shows marijuana being responsible for one death or illness. Not one. Marijuana is absolutely benign. And those who disagree with that either choose to remain ignorant or are brainwashed, because the truth is readily available to all who are willing to look for it.

One excellent source of information is this book: Marijuana, The Forbidden Medicine, by Dr. Lester Grinspoon, MD, PhD, Professor of Psychiatric Medicine, Harvard University.

The strokes, heart attacks and traffic collisions don't count. All the people pothead Jared Loughner killed don't count either. The dead children who died because parents were too potted to take care of them don't count. Ignore the pothead that left the baby on top of the car then drove off sending the kid flying into the street.

Yeah someone is brainwashed.

Are you claiming that if Loughner hadn't smoked pot he wouldn't have murdered those people?

Who knows? What we do know is that he was a heavy pot smoker. According to his classmates the more he smoked the crazier he got. Maybe it was only cannabis psychosis or, like many others cannabis psychosis with underlying schizophrenia.

Rudy Eugene, who ate Ronald Poppo's face off was so deranged it was thought that Eugene was on bath salts. Eugene said he never used anything but pot. His friends said he only used his regular pot before the attack. His family said the only drug he used was marijuana.

The idea that weed is benign and harmless is an idea that will cost us dearly.

Maybe, i wouldn't know.

What i do know is that there has never been a link between Marijuana consumption and lung cancer. The same can not be said about tobacco.

But if you could find one link or instance where smoking weed has led to someone's death then feel free to enlighten me.

Do you want the next brake job on your car done by a stoned pimply faced kid? :lol:

Ugghh no.

Just like I wouldn't want a drunk pimply faced kid installing it.

Simply treat marijuana like alcohol.

Maybe, i wouldn't know.

I've known too many mechanics who enjoy the Kind Bud brother. Why not try the "Would you want the doctor who is performing open heart surgery on you to be stoned to the gills?" or maybe the Airline pilot?

Hmmm.

No.

Potheads have an arsenal of bogus information they can use in this argument to justify their bad habits. Fact is weed makes you dumber, lazy, dulls your senses and gives you munchees. Do we really need more of that in our society?

I've known too many mechanics who enjoy the Kind Bud brother. Why not try the "Would you want the doctor who is performing open heart surgery on you to be stoned to the gills?" or maybe the Airline pilot?

Hmmm.

No.
Those are legitimate questions that you have to ask yourself. The obvious answer is no.

Hmmm.

No.
Those are legitimate questions that you have to ask yourself. The obvious answer is no.

If you believe in personal responsibility of course not. Don't go to work stoned or drunk, you'll probably get fired.

The strokes, heart attacks and traffic collisions don't count. All the people pothead Jared Loughner killed don't count either. The dead children who died because parents were too potted to take care of them don't count. Ignore the pothead that left the baby on top of the car then drove off sending the kid flying into the street.

Yeah someone is brainwashed.

Are you claiming that if Loughner hadn't smoked pot he wouldn't have murdered those people?

Who knows? What we do know is that he was a heavy pot smoker. According to his classmates the more he smoked the crazier he got. Maybe it was only cannabis psychosis or, like many others cannabis psychosis with underlying schizophrenia.

Rudy Eugene, who ate Ronald Poppo's face off was so deranged it was thought that Eugene was on bath salts. Eugene said he never used anything but pot. His friends said he only used his regular pot before the attack. His family said the only drug he used was marijuana.

The idea that weed is benign and harmless is an idea that will cost us dearly.

Haha ok alight over dramatic aren't we. Loughner obviously has severe mental problems, he shouldn't have been smoking dope, he also shouldn't be drinking.

And who knows what the hell Eugene was on. Guy smoked weed every day of his life i highly doubt it was one more hit that sent him over the edge. Maybe he tried some spice, if anything should be illegal it's that crazy s hit.

A couple extreme examples where weed smokers did extreme things should not condemn all potheads. A guy at Wisconsin university recently got drunk and stabbed his friend 15 times, I guess that means alcohol turns everyone into raging murders.

Don't punish the majority for the mistakes of a few.

In a new interview President Obama has made statements that could put him in the middle of the controversy over legalizing marijuana.

As more states have legalized the drug, President Obama in a lengthy interview in the New Yorker magazine said he believed marijuana was not more dangerous than alcohol.

"As has been well documented, I smoked pot as a kid, and I view it as a bad habit and a vice, not very different from the cigarettes that I smoked as a young person up through a big chunk of my adult life. I don't think it is more dangerous than alcohol," Obama told the New Yorker.

When asked if he believes marijuana is less dangerous than alcohol, the president is quoted as saying he thinks it was less dangerous "in terms of its impact on the individual consumer." However, he said he's told his daughters he thinks "it's a bad idea."

Excerpt: David Remnick's New Yorker Piece on President Obama

The president also voiced concern for the lengthy incarcerations associated with minor offenses related to marijuana possession.

In particular Obama talked about how minorities were more likely to be arrested and serve long sentences.

"We should not be locking up kids or individual users for long stretches of jail time when some of the folks who are writing those laws have probably done the same thing," he said.

With more states legalizing the drug either for medical reasons or for recreational use, such as in Washington and Colorado, Obama said it's important that states continue to work through the complicated issue.

"It's important for it to go forward because it's important for society not to have a situation in which a large portion of people have at one time or another broken the law and only a select few get punished," said Obama.

Obama has admitted to using marijuana as a teen and young adult and wrote about some of his experiences in his autobiography "Dreams of My Father."

In August of last year, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder proposed new sentencing guidelines for minor drug offenders that sought to minimize prison time for non-violent offenders.

Marijuana is still in the schedule 1 class for the federal Drug Enforcement Agency, putting it in the same category as heroin, LSD and ecstasy.
Obama Says Pot No More Dangerous Than Alcohol - ABC News

his actions sure make the case for strong states rights

Potheads have an arsenal of bogus information they can use in this argument to justify their bad habits. Fact is weed makes you dumber, lazy, dulls your senses and gives you munchees. Do we really need more of that in our society?

I think our society should have the ability to choose to be dumber, lazy and have the munches. and you or the government shouldn't tell how to live my life or how to be happy.

If you believe in personal responsibility of course not.

The personal responsibility of pot heads.

Funny.
Not just personal responsibility, but global responsibility, too.

Hemp_for_victory_1942.png

Hemp%20for%20Victory%20-%201942%20-%20Special%20tax%20stamp%20-%20producer%20of%20marihuana.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1oFcgLfgV0]Hemp For Victory (1942) - YouTube[/ame]
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr1635/text
Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®) - National Cancer Institute

Marijuana was made illegal in 1937 and then legalized again in 1942. Why was marijuana outlawed in 1937? The American people were told that it is a deadly addictive narcotic that turns teenagers into sex-crazed murderers, so it had to be outlawed and wiped out to save white America from evil jazz music. It was all bullshit. Reefer Madness was complete bullshit, just like the story of someone getting high on weed and then eating someone's face. Marijuana doesn't cause violence or crime or schizophrenia or any of that other bullshit. It's all bullshit that was proved entirely wrong five years later in 1942 when marijuana was legalized and the US Federal government encouraged Americans to grow it.

So why was "Marihuana" legalized again in 1942? To make equipment for the American military so it could save the world. So how evil is marijuana if it helped save the world?

Last edited:

Yeah, bogus information like from the US Federal government.
1972 Shafer Commission - Table of Contents
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-113hr1635ih/pdf/BILLS-113hr1635ih.pdf

Republicans seem to think that the government is lying to them about everything. Benghazi, Obamacare, Medicare, Social Security, the NSA, the EPA, whatever. Republicans think it's all lies but for some reason they all think that the DEA is telling the absolute God-honest truth when it comes to marijuana. "Small government" fiscal conservatives want to spend $20b/yr on SWAT teams to kick in Americans' front doors and shove guns to their heads because of a plant growing in their backyard. In 1990, George HW Bush even used active-duty US Army soldiers in a drug raid on a California town in Operation Green Sweep. If it's a "war on drugs", then George HW Bush sent the US Army to "war" against the American people on American soil.

Tell us all again how you want small government.

Forum List

Back