Oath Keeper unable to cope with being jailed.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
I have a few points to make here.

“The psychological burdens of being detained pending trial are very real for Mr. Young. Since he has no previous experience with the criminal justice system, being detained is taking an extremely high toll on his mental well-being,” the motion stated. “Prior to being detained, Mr. Young was a mentally strong and stable person with no history of mental disorders. His current emotional and psychological state is owing entirely to the fact that he has been detained and is unable to rely upon his normal social support systems. Because he is such a strong family man, locking him up away from his wife and children with the prospect of an extremely long period of time before trial is even scheduled is causing potentially irreparable psychological and emotional damage to Mr. Young.”

Oath Keeper Who Stormed Capitol Is Struggling to Cope Because He’s a ‘Family Man’ with ‘No Previous Experience’ Being Jailed, Lawyers Claim

First this goes back to a point I've made many times. Those who have can not in the end defeat those who do not have. By and large those who have are not going to do well being held accountable for their actions while those without are used to it.

BUT, what we see here is also something that bothers me on many levels.

Young’s attorneys also claimed that deleting his Facebook page—where he posted photos and videos of the insurrection—did not amount to obstruction of justice because he was unaware that the FBI had opened an active investigation into him personally.

The government is charging him with deleting his Facebook page. Now in the end I expect this charge to be dropped but it's a common tactic of law enforcement. Charge someone with all kinds of things to get them to simply plead guilty to a few. That needs to stop. I see this as little different than what Sidney Powell is being sued over. Filing charges (or lawsuits) that have no merit.

I also note in thread after thread where police officers are rarely charged when they delete their video. It's never reasonable to expect that an officer doesn't realize that is deleting evidence.

But one does also have to chuckle at his lawyer arguing his "strong character". LOL

Attorneys for Young on Monday filed a motion seeking to have the initial bond ruling vacated, arguing that the Government lacked sufficient evidence to hold Young on the charges, and cited to his “strong character” and the “psychological burdens” Young had endured during his first ever prison stint as reasons why he should be released.

“The psychological burdens of being detained pending trial are very real for Mr. Young. Since he has no previous experience with the criminal justice system, being detained is taking an extremely high toll on his mental well-being,” the motion stated. “Prior to being detained, Mr. Young was a mentally strong and stable person with no history of mental disorders. His current emotional and psychological state is owing entirely to the fact that he has been detained and is unable to rely upon his normal social support systems. Because he is such a strong family man, locking him up away from his wife and children with the prospect of an extremely long period of time before trial is even scheduled is causing potentially irreparable psychological and emotional damage to Mr. Young.”

Oath Keeper Who Stormed Capitol Is Struggling to Cope Because He’s a ‘Family Man’ with ‘No Previous Experience’ Being Jailed, Lawyers Claim

First this goes back to a point I've made many times. Those who have can not in the end defeat those who do not have. By and large those who have are not going to do well being held accountable for their actions while those without are used to it.

Young’s attorneys also claimed that deleting his Facebook page—where he posted photos and videos of the insurrection—did not amount to obstruction of justice because he was unaware that the FBI had opened an active investigation into him personally.

The government is charging him with deleting his Facebook page. Now in the end I expect this charge to be dropped but it's a common tactic of law enforcement. Charge someone with all kinds of things to get them to simply plead guilty to a few. That needs to stop. I see this as little different than what Sidney Powell is being sued over. Filing charges (or lawsuits) that have no merit.

I also note in thread after thread where police officers are rarely charged when they delete their video. It's never reasonable to expect that an officer doesn't realize that is deleting evidence.

But one does also have to chuckle at his lawyer arguing his "strong character". LOL

Attorneys for Young on Monday filed a motion seeking to have the initial bond ruling vacated, arguing that the Government lacked sufficient evidence to hold Young on the charges, and cited to his “strong character” and the “psychological burdens” Young had endured during his first ever prison stint as reasons why he should be released.
This is typical trumper bullshit.
Everything in life applies to everybody else, but not them.
They are "the party of law and order" Until they comit crimes and go to jail, now they suddenly oppose that law and order.

Basically Trumpers live in an alternate reality where "the rules" apply to everybody else except them.

They need to make an example out of all of these traitors. No mercy on any of them.

Trumpers try to act like they are so tough, when they are just pathetic weak little bitches, crying for mommy.

Is there a flight risk with this defendant? If not then why is he sitting in jail awaiting trial? How many liberal protestors were kept in jail while awaiting THEIR trials if they had no criminal records? This is being done to punish...not in the pursuit of justice!

Yet, in Oregon, they release the criminals and the thugs who have destroyed a federal building....without charges. What a country!!

Is this anything like Hillary wiping her computer " with a rag"? Seems similar to me. Did you start a thread being so concerned?

Is this anything like Hillary wiping her computer " with a rag"? Seems similar to me. Did you start a thread being so concerned?

No, that was an actual crime.

What Was?

What Was?

What you said. You don't even make any sense. I defended his deletion of Facebook BUT that isn't why he is in prison.

What Hillary did was a crime.

Is there a flight risk with this defendant? If not then why is he sitting in jail awaiting trial? How many liberal protestors were kept in jail while awaiting THEIR trials if they had no criminal records? This is being done to punish...not in the pursuit of justice!

Yet, in Oregon, they release the criminals and the thugs who have destroyed a federal building....without charges. What a country!!
Do you have anything to prove that accusation? The last guy said that none of the rioters were getting arrested and I posted a link proving 10k had been arrested.

Do you have anything to prove that accusation? The last guy said that none of the rioters were getting arrested and I posted a link proving 10k had been arrested.

Facts don't matter. Only hyperbole. As Powell said, no one is actually supposed to believe it.

Facts don't matter. Only hyperbole. As Powell said, no one is actually supposed to believe it.
Notice how the Ms. Kraken is still being sued and the judge is refusing to recognize her plea? The Trumpet dildoes can do what they are made to do pleasure their user.

Tell us another story. What we ARE seeing is people who violently attacked police officers, tazing them in the neck, still at large despite their identities being known. You think a BLM protester that tazed a cop in the neck until he had a heart attack would still be free when the police know who he is?

They didn't try to overthrow the government.

Apples and oranges.

I see this as little different than what Sidney Powell is being sued over
She's being sued for telling lies that damaged a major corporation's reputation. Conceivably billions of dollars worth of damage.

Not the same thing at all.

Sheesh. Read what I said slower and don't partially quote me.

That's a shame.
--

The actual charges are:
Federal: Conspiracy; Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting; Destruction of Government Property and Aiding and Abetting; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Tampering with Documents or Proceedings (Source)

According to court documents, Graydon Young emailed a membership application to the Florida chapter of the far-right Oath Keepers militia on Dec. 3, 2020, with a message that read, “looking to get involved in helping.” Two weeks later, Young allegedly promoted the Oath Keepers on Facebook, saying “recruiting is under way. DM me if you want more info.” The court documents further state that Young reached out to a Florida company that provides combat training to express interest in an “Ultimate Training Munitions” class. On Jan. 6, Young and several other individuals affiliated with the Oath Keepers allegedly “maneuvered in an organized and practiced fashion” to forcibly enter the Capitol, causing “significant damage” to the doors they breached, according to court documents. The indictment states that Young deleted his Facebook account on Jan. 8, prompting a count of tampering with documents or proceedings. At Young’s initial appearance on Feb. 16, his attorney said Young had “no history of violence” and that he and his wife “have strong ties to the community” as business owners. Young is a U.S. Army veteran and a Navy reservist, according to court documents.

Forum List

Back