Oath Keeper unable to cope with being jailed.

Doesn't anybody else see the irony in that a group calling themselves 'the Oath Keepers' conspired to stop the Vice-President and the entire Congress from fulfilling their Oaths of Office?

Shouldn't they rename their group to 'The Oath Breakers'?

Shouldn't they call so called Liberals and Progressives, Intolerant and Regressive?

No they shouldn't. Any other idiotic suggestions?

In reality they are better than yours and your intolerance just proved it. Thanks!

I have a few points to make here.

“The psychological burdens of being detained pending trial are very real for Mr. Young. Since he has no previous experience with the criminal justice system, being detained is taking an extremely high toll on his mental well-being,” the motion stated. “Prior to being detained, Mr. Young was a mentally strong and stable person with no history of mental disorders. His current emotional and psychological state is owing entirely to the fact that he has been detained and is unable to rely upon his normal social support systems. Because he is such a strong family man, locking him up away from his wife and children with the prospect of an extremely long period of time before trial is even scheduled is causing potentially irreparable psychological and emotional damage to Mr. Young.”

Oath Keeper Who Stormed Capitol Is Struggling to Cope Because He’s a ‘Family Man’ with ‘No Previous Experience’ Being Jailed, Lawyers Claim

First this goes back to a point I've made many times. Those who have can not in the end defeat those who do not have. By and large those who have are not going to do well being held accountable for their actions while those without are used to it.

BUT, what we see here is also something that bothers me on many levels.

Young’s attorneys also claimed that deleting his Facebook page—where he posted photos and videos of the insurrection—did not amount to obstruction of justice because he was unaware that the FBI had opened an active investigation into him personally.

The government is charging him with deleting his Facebook page. Now in the end I expect this charge to be dropped but it's a common tactic of law enforcement. Charge someone with all kinds of things to get them to simply plead guilty to a few. That needs to stop. I see this as little different than what Sidney Powell is being sued over. Filing charges (or lawsuits) that have no merit.

I also note in thread after thread where police officers are rarely charged when they delete their video. It's never reasonable to expect that an officer doesn't realize that is deleting evidence.

But one does also have to chuckle at his lawyer arguing his "strong character". LOL

Attorneys for Young on Monday filed a motion seeking to have the initial bond ruling vacated, arguing that the Government lacked sufficient evidence to hold Young on the charges, and cited to his “strong character” and the “psychological burdens” Young had endured during his first ever prison stint as reasons why he should be released.
What a shame.

Doesn't anybody else see the irony in that a group calling themselves 'the Oath Keepers' conspired to stop the Vice-President and the entire Congress from fulfilling their Oaths of Office?

Shouldn't they call so called Liberals and Progressives, Intolerant and Regressive?

In reality they are better than yours and your intolerance just proved it. Thanks!

You wouldn't know reality if it smacked your ass.

You just keep tossing out words that have no relation to reality and somehow think that you're making some point.

You're not.

You wouldn't know reality if it smacked your ass.

You just keep tossing out words that have no relation to reality and somehow think that you're making some point.

You're not.

LOL! Believe what you need to believe, I won't interfere with your being stupid. Thanks for the laughs.

The government is charging him with deleting his Facebook page. Now in the end I expect this charge to be dropped but it's a common tactic of law enforcement. Charge someone with all kinds of things to get them to simply plead guilty to a few. That needs to stop. I see this as little different than what Sidney Powell is being sued over. Filing charges (or lawsuits) that have no merit.

Agreed.

Agreed.
You agree that Trump’s lawyer was filing frivolous lawsuits that have no merit?

Agreed.
You agree that Trump’s lawyer was filing frivolous lawsuits that have no merit?

I agree that the tactic of overcharging to pressure people into coping pleas is a common tactic and one that needs to stop.

“The psychological burdens of being detained pending trial are very real for Mr. Young. Since he has no previous experience with the criminal justice system, being detained is taking an extremely high toll on his mental well-being,” the motion stated. “Prior to being detained, Mr. Young was a mentally strong and stable person with no history of mental disorders. His current emotional and psychological state is owing entirely to the fact that he has been detained and is unable to rely upon his normal social support systems. Because he is such a strong family man, locking him up away from his wife and children with the prospect of an extremely long period of time before trial is even scheduled is causing potentially irreparable psychological and emotional damage to Mr. Young.”

Oath Keeper Who Stormed Capitol Is Struggling to Cope Because He’s a ‘Family Man’ with ‘No Previous Experience’ Being Jailed, Lawyers Claim

First this goes back to a point I've made many times. Those who have can not in the end defeat those who do not have. By and large those who have are not going to do well being held accountable for their actions while those without are used to it.

Young’s attorneys also claimed that deleting his Facebook page—where he posted photos and videos of the insurrection—did not amount to obstruction of justice because he was unaware that the FBI had opened an active investigation into him personally.

I also note in thread after thread where police officers are rarely charged when they delete their video. It's never reasonable to expect that an officer doesn't realize that is deleting evidence.

But one does also have to chuckle at his lawyer arguing his "strong character". LOL

Attorneys for Young on Monday filed a motion seeking to have the initial bond ruling vacated, arguing that the Government lacked sufficient evidence to hold Young on the charges, and cited to his “strong character” and the “psychological burdens” Young had endured during his first ever prison stint as reasons why he should be released.
If Young was SO emotionally strong and stable, how did get "duped" into participating in storming the Capitol?

This is just BS. He had a whole lifetime to learn right from wrong. The man is in his 50s, for cryin' out loud. If he was a 15 or 16 year old teenager who got caught up in a bad crowd, I might be able to accept a claim of being duped, but he's not a kid.

Is there a flight risk with this defendant? If not then why is he sitting in jail awaiting trial? How many liberal protestors were kept in jail while awaiting THEIR trials if they had no criminal records? This is being done to punish...not in the pursuit of justice!
Aw, poor snow flake can't hack jail. He better get use to it. Lol. Fuck that seditious traitor. He is threat to society and is right where he belongs.

If Young was SO emotionally strong and stable, how did get "duped" into participating in storming the Capitol?

This is just BS. He had a whole lifetime to learn right from wrong. The man is in his 50s, for cryin' out loud. If he was a 15 or 16 year old teenager who got caught up in a bad crowd, I might be able to accept a claim of being duped, but he's not a kid.

Well, rioting has been accepted as part of the new normal. So, why not?

Oh, because different rules for different folks.

Is there a flight risk with this defendant? If not then why is he sitting in jail awaiting trial? How many liberal protestors were kept in jail while awaiting THEIR trials if they had no criminal records? This is being done to punish...not in the pursuit of justice!
Aw, poor snow flake can't hack jail. He better get use to it. Lol. Fuck that seditious traitor. He is threat to society and is right where he belongs.

But in dem cities, dem officials are dropping charges against dem rioters.

That violates the equal protection clause. That makes this guy a political prisoner and his imprisonment a violation of his civil rights.

Yet, in Oregon, they release the criminals and the thugs who have destroyed a federal building....without charges. What a country!!
Lol, if they were released with out charges there was aack of evidence. They don't just let you off for no reason dumb fuck. You live in fantasy world.

Those who have can not in the end defeat those who do not have.
6668113277_bf653d62cd_n.jpg

Yet, in Oregon, they release the criminals and the thugs who have destroyed a federal building....without charges. What a country!!
Lol, if they were released with out charges there was aack of evidence. They don't just let you off for no reason dumb fuck. You live in fantasy world.
No way would the FBI let someone off the hook if they had evidence!!! Lololol. Where ya been for the last 100 years? Fantasy Island ?

No way would the FBI let someone off the hook if they had evidence!!! Lololol. Where ya been for the last 100 years? Fantasy Island ?
Lol your a moron. You don't even know how the court system works. If they were booked and jailed they were charged. The cops are now out of it dumb fuck. The judge and prosecuting attorney ate then in control of the process. Read a book once in a while moron

Lol your a moron. You don't even know how the court system works. If they were booked and jailed they were charged. The cops are now out of it dumb fuck. The judge and prosecuting attorney ate then in control of the process. Read a book once in a while moron
I wanted to read cat in the hat but you guys burned it.

What makes him so special? Why does he deserve kid glove treatment?

Shamar Betts has been detained since June for a provocative flyer he posted on Facebook amid protests over the killing of George Floyd.

I see this as little different than what Sidney Powell is being sued over
She's being sued for telling lies that damaged a major corporation's reputation. Conceivably billions of dollars worth of damage.

Not the same thing at all.

In fact....didn't Ohio reverse it's decision to use Dominion because of these unfounded claims?

Forum List

Back