Oath Keeper unable to cope with being jailed.

I have a few points to make here.

“The psychological burdens of being detained pending trial are very real for Mr. Young. Since he has no previous experience with the criminal justice system, being detained is taking an extremely high toll on his mental well-being,” the motion stated. “Prior to being detained, Mr. Young was a mentally strong and stable person with no history of mental disorders. His current emotional and psychological state is owing entirely to the fact that he has been detained and is unable to rely upon his normal social support systems. Because he is such a strong family man, locking him up away from his wife and children with the prospect of an extremely long period of time before trial is even scheduled is causing potentially irreparable psychological and emotional damage to Mr. Young.”

Oath Keeper Who Stormed Capitol Is Struggling to Cope Because He’s a ‘Family Man’ with ‘No Previous Experience’ Being Jailed, Lawyers Claim

First this goes back to a point I've made many times. Those who have can not in the end defeat those who do not have. By and large those who have are not going to do well being held accountable for their actions while those without are used to it.

BUT, what we see here is also something that bothers me on many levels.

Young’s attorneys also claimed that deleting his Facebook page—where he posted photos and videos of the insurrection—did not amount to obstruction of justice because he was unaware that the FBI had opened an active investigation into him personally.

The government is charging him with deleting his Facebook page. Now in the end I expect this charge to be dropped but it's a common tactic of law enforcement. Charge someone with all kinds of things to get them to simply plead guilty to a few. That needs to stop. I see this as little different than what Sidney Powell is being sued over. Filing charges (or lawsuits) that have no merit.

I also note in thread after thread where police officers are rarely charged when they delete their video. It's never reasonable to expect that an officer doesn't realize that is deleting evidence.

But one does also have to chuckle at his lawyer arguing his "strong character". LOL

Attorneys for Young on Monday filed a motion seeking to have the initial bond ruling vacated, arguing that the Government lacked sufficient evidence to hold Young on the charges, and cited to his “strong character” and the “psychological burdens” Young had endured during his first ever prison stint as reasons why he should be released.

Don't do the crime if you can't serve the time.

Is there a flight risk with this defendant? If not then why is he sitting in jail awaiting trial? How many liberal protestors were kept in jail while awaiting THEIR trials if they had no criminal records? This is being done to punish...not in the pursuit of justice!
Who cares? It was a choice he and others of his ilk made.

“The psychological burdens of being detained pending trial are very real for Mr. Young. Since he has no previous experience with the criminal justice system, being detained is taking an extremely high toll on his mental well-being,” the motion stated. “Prior to being detained, Mr. Young was a mentally strong and stable person with no history of mental disorders. His current emotional and psychological state is owing entirely to the fact that he has been detained and is unable to rely upon his normal social support systems. Because he is such a strong family man, locking him up away from his wife and children with the prospect of an extremely long period of time before trial is even scheduled is causing potentially irreparable psychological and emotional damage to Mr. Young.”

Oath Keeper Who Stormed Capitol Is Struggling to Cope Because He’s a ‘Family Man’ with ‘No Previous Experience’ Being Jailed, Lawyers Claim

First this goes back to a point I've made many times. Those who have can not in the end defeat those who do not have. By and large those who have are not going to do well being held accountable for their actions while those without are used to it.

Young’s attorneys also claimed that deleting his Facebook page—where he posted photos and videos of the insurrection—did not amount to obstruction of justice because he was unaware that the FBI had opened an active investigation into him personally.

The government is charging him with deleting his Facebook page. Now in the end I expect this charge to be dropped but it's a common tactic of law enforcement. Charge someone with all kinds of things to get them to simply plead guilty to a few. That needs to stop. I see this as little different than what Sidney Powell is being sued over. Filing charges (or lawsuits) that have no merit.

I also note in thread after thread where police officers are rarely charged when they delete their video. It's never reasonable to expect that an officer doesn't realize that is deleting evidence.

But one does also have to chuckle at his lawyer arguing his "strong character". LOL

Attorneys for Young on Monday filed a motion seeking to have the initial bond ruling vacated, arguing that the Government lacked sufficient evidence to hold Young on the charges, and cited to his “strong character” and the “psychological burdens” Young had endured during his first ever prison stint as reasons why he should be released.

I really think many of them thought Trump would protect them.

Is there a flight risk with this defendant? If not then why is he sitting in jail awaiting trial? How many liberal protestors were kept in jail while awaiting THEIR trials if they had no criminal records? This is being done to punish...not in the pursuit of justice!

The "liberal protestors" who attacked, injured and killed the police, as well as those who tried to overthrow the legally elected government officials are all currently being held in jail. Every single one of them.

FUCK his "mental well being". Two officers were so messed up after the Rump Riot that they took their own lives. Dozens more are undergoing counseling. This asshole can rot for all I care.

As for the lawsuits against Rudy, Sid and MrPillow? They have PLENTY of merit. Their lies cost the company an incalculable sum.

That is what they think, but tramp is free, remember Manafort, Stone, and Cohen.

FUCK his "mental well being". Two officers were so messed up after the Rump Riot that they took their own lives. Dozens more are undergoing counseling. This asshole can rot for all I care.

As for the lawsuits against Rudy, Sid and MrPillow? They have PLENTY of merit. Their lies cost the company an incalculable sum.
Do you know why they committed suicide?

I don't care what they thought, it is irrelevant.

People take their lives for many reasons and it is very complicated and no one knows what a persons mental state is when they make that decision. For you to use their deaths for political reasons is the sign of an ignorant fool or a disgusting piece of human filth, I'll let you decide which you are.

I don't care what they thought, it is irrelevant.

People take their lives for many reasons and it is very complicated and no one knows what a persons mental state is when they make that decision. For you to use their deaths for political reasons is the sign of an ignorant fool or a disgusting piece of human filth, I'll let you decide which you are.
Well stated.

Doesn't anybody else see the irony in that a group calling themselves 'the Oath Keepers' conspired to stop the Vice-President and the entire Congress from fulfilling their Oaths of Office?

Shouldn't they rename their group to 'The Oath Breakers'?

Doesn't anybody else see the irony in that a group calling themselves 'the Oath Keepers' conspired to stop the Vice-President and the entire Congress from fulfilling their Oaths of Office?

Shouldn't they call so called Liberals and Progressives, Intolerant and Regressive?

Shouldn't they call so called Liberals and Progressives, Intolerant and Regressive?

No they shouldn't. Any other idiotic suggestions?

Yet, in Oregon, they release the criminals and the thugs who have destroyed a federal building....without charges. What a country!!
Do you have anything to prove that accusation? The last guy said that none of the rioters were getting arrested and I posted a link proving 10k had been arrested.
For about 2 seconds.

Forum List

Back