‘Nothing Less Than a Civil War’:These White Voters on the Far Right See Doom Without Trump

Wow! A lot of what we see here everyday....an interesting look into the far right rural voter:

‘Nothing Less Than a Civil War’: These White Voters on the Far Right See Doom Without Trump

Great American Pizza & Subs, on a highway about 100 miles southeast of Las Vegas, was busier and Trumpier than usual. On any given day it serves “M.A.G.A. Subs” and “Liberty Bell Lasagna.” The “Second Amendment” pizza comes “loaded” with pepperoni and sausage. The dining room is covered in regalia praising President Trump.
But this October morning was “Trumpstock,” a small festival celebrating the president. The speakers included the local Republican congressman, Paul Gosar, and lesser-known conservative personalities. There was a fringe 2020 Senate candidate in Arizona who ran a website that published sexually explicit photos of women without their consent; a pro-Trump rapper whose lyrics include a racist slur aimed at Barack Obama; and a North Carolina activist who once said of Muslims, “I will kill every one of them before they get to me.”

Too long Edited

Wow... ALL THAT superfluous political analysis from one little party a a local pizza joint... Report it to the impeachment mgrs whydontya?????

You're beyond the TDSydrome.. You're into derangement and conspiracy world....
It's just an article doofus....relax. The reactions here by the usual suspects are proof of its relevancy..if not its accuracy.

Well you really got an EAGLE-EYE for the BIG stories.. At least I'm HOPING it's not fake..

Why don't find a REAL weapon to bludgeon the "usual suspects" with?? Makes it more interesting for me...
They rise to any bait....hell..they snap at the un-baited hook. They beat themselves up with the never-ending exposure of their conspiracy-ridden fantasies--and yes, provide me with the occasional insight. The interest this thread provoked provides many clues as to where people here are at. It exposes the site's demographic and makes for an interesting conversation.

What more could you want? Would you have this forum be just another echo chamber? Now where's the fun in that?

And THAT ^^^^^ is why you rabid partisan turds are tanking the American political system.. Putin is proud.. He's a Master Baiter and Trump class troll that LOVES it when you cast doubt on our political system.. All in all -- he's proud of ALL of the political noise and interference that you enjoy so much...

We are INDIVIDUALS with HUMAN rights. The purpose of our entire government is to SECURE these rights. That's it. Everything else works from there:

The government we have today couldn't be farther from that without becoming Totalitarian. And if the Left ever gets full control again, I think that's exactly what we'll get.
Then again, if we get that, we deserve it.

Because we knew that "All that is required for evil men to prevail is for good men to do nothing"

Your thoughts on the concept that race baiting indicates a lowered IQ?
I don't see that as race baiting, sorry. It was factual and descriptive. I imagine it was also superfluous..given the Trump demographic..but they gotta sell papers.
It works out very nicely for the wrong folks if we are dumb enough to get split into groups and set at each other's throats. And if we are dumb enough to fall for this, maybe we deserve it.

We are INDIVIDUALS with HUMAN rights. The purpose of our entire government is to SECURE these rights. That's it. Everything else works from there:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed​
Now that...is something we agree on.

iu

I am tired of the extremists in this country. No middle ground, no compromise and always agitated.

they are playing both ends against the middle papa

~S~

To me it's like they divert us to trivial BS and keeps us from looking at what we need to really see.

Republicans have been doing this since Reagan and his "Welfare Queen" lies. Diverting the middle class from the amount of money he was funnelling to the wealthy, and that his much vaunted "robust economy" was purchased with huge deficits and public spending in the military sector, rather than by private industry growth.

Republicans have consistently sought election by denigrating Democrats as "communists", and currently "socialilsts". Their economic policies have exaserbated the gap between rich and poor, and resulted in two major crashes, one of which nearly took the down world economy. Trickle down is a fallacy, and tax cuts don't create jobs.

Republicans keep lying because if they told the truth, no one would vote for them. The bald truth is that the standard of living, health, and income of Americans are all declining. The scale has been utterly tipped in favour of the wealthy, and unless income levels for working Americans go up drastically, those things are not going to change.

Thank you for your opinion, foreign troll. However, you should focus on improving your nation and mind your own business.

Wow! A lot of what we see here everyday....an interesting look into the far right rural voter:

‘Nothing Less Than a Civil War’: These White Voters on the Far Right See Doom Without Trump

Great American Pizza & Subs, on a highway about 100 miles southeast of Las Vegas, was busier and Trumpier than usual. On any given day it serves “M.A.G.A. Subs” and “Liberty Bell Lasagna.” The “Second Amendment” pizza comes “loaded” with pepperoni and sausage. The dining room is covered in regalia praising President Trump.
But this October morning was “Trumpstock,” a small festival celebrating the president. The speakers included the local Republican congressman, Paul Gosar, and lesser-known conservative personalities. There was a fringe 2020 Senate candidate in Arizona who ran a website that published sexually explicit photos of women without their consent; a pro-Trump rapper whose lyrics include a racist slur aimed at Barack Obama; and a North Carolina activist who once said of Muslims, “I will kill every one of them before they get to me.”

Too long Edited

Wow... ALL THAT superfluous political analysis from one little party a a local pizza joint... Report it to the impeachment mgrs whydontya?????

You're beyond the TDSydrome.. You're into derangement and conspiracy world....
It's just an article doofus....relax. The reactions here by the usual suspects are proof of its relevancy..if not its accuracy.

Well you really got an EAGLE-EYE for the BIG stories.. At least I'm HOPING it's not fake..

Why don't find a REAL weapon to bludgeon the "usual suspects" with?? Makes it more interesting for me...
They rise to any bait....hell..they snap at the un-baited hook. They beat themselves up with the never-ending exposure of their conspiracy-ridden fantasies--and yes, provide me with the occasional insight. The interest this thread provoked provides many clues as to where people here are at. It exposes the site's demographic and makes for an interesting conversation.

What more could you want? Would you have this forum be just another echo chamber? Now where's the fun in that?

And THAT ^^^^^ is why you rabid partisan turds are tanking the American political system.. Putin is proud.. He's a Master Baiter and Trump class troll that LOVES it when you cast doubt on our political system.. All in all -- he's proud of ALL of the political noise and interference that you enjoy so much...
I'm quite likely the least partisan person here....but I do take sides. I'm for the rule of law..and the equal protection of everyone's rights. All races and cultures. Many here set themselves against that..thus we come into conflict. I've posted many times about Putin's ongoing war against our country..the usual suspects/ they berate the very idea as they parrot the latest agitprop straight from Moscow.

I have no doubts as to our political system..I think it is foursquare and solid. It is the idiots that shout "coup' at the top of their lungs..who are casting doubt. It is Trump himself who constantly erodes American's faith in their Govt. systems. The concept of 'deep state' is pernicious and has the imprimatur of the President himself.

I don't want confusion and turmoil...I want good governance. But I have a liar and an aging narcissist as President. Who has a following of devotees..many of whom believe fact is fiction and conspiracy is reality...So I engage them..in this forum..and at the ballot box.

For what it's worth..I'm not too fond of Progressives either....this impeachment shyte is stupid and counter-productive..the worst kind of Kabuki.

Last edited:
I'm quite likely the least partisan person here....but I do take sides. I'm for the rule of law..and the equal protection of everyone's rights. All races and cultures. Many here set themselves against that..thus we come into conflict. I've posted many times about Putin's ongoing war against our country..the usual suspects/ they berate the very idea as they parrot the latest agitprop straight from Moscow.

But yet you share Putin's goal so sympatico.. His goal since he was KGB was to spew doubt about the American system and get even with us for contributing OUR interference to the fall of the Soviet Union when THEIR population was losing faith in their leadership...

It may be fun and game for you -- but the damage we've done to OURSELVES is more than Putin could have ever dreamed of.. Don't get a Kremlin medal for helping out..

But yet you share Putin's goal so sympatico.. His goal since he was KGB was to spew doubt about the American system and get even with us for contributing OUR interference to the fall of the Soviet Union when THEIR population was losing faith in their leadership...

It may be fun and game for you -- but the damage we've done to OURSELVES is more than Putin could have ever dreamed of.. Don't get a Kremlin medal for helping out..
I'd not give Putin too much credit..this conflict has been coming to a head for a long time now. The left has had an almost unbroken string of wins..culturally speaking--over the last 60 years...a backlash was inevitable. The demographic is shifting..and the Boomers are aging out. The Old Guard sees it all slipping away. It's an old story...soon the younger..and darker...folk will flex their muscle at the ballot box--in fact..were it not for Karl Rove and his Gerrymandering genius..the battle would already be over.

I think we had a civil war..a cultural civil war..in the 60's and 70's. The Left won. Funny thing..is that the serious issues and positions of those times..would make one a moderate..in these! Civil rights...the woman's movement...Gay rights--all settled issues now...in law, anyway.

I think Putin has shot his wad...people are on the look-out now. The forces he helped set in motion..still have to play out...but America will be alright...most of the kerfuffle is just froth.

I think we had a civil war..a cultural civil war..in the 60's and 70's. The Left won. Funny thing..is that the serious issues and positions of those times..would make one a moderate..in these! Civil rights...the woman's movement...Gay rights--all settled issues now...in law, anyway.

And the Dems have set up a self-destroying cultural paradigm... And they're at with each other over the "cultural points" that each of their narrow constituencies are allocated.. HS and college women now have to compete against "self declared females" with a jock strap. Have to cancel events and marches because they are too white. Anti-semitism is becoming leftist catechism on campuses and even in Congress..

It's a farce.. And it's supported by the flimsiest of "principles"... Good luck with all that.. It's ain't gonna last a generation because political correctness is simple NOT compatible with the liberties and freedoms of this country... And people of ALL kinds of persuasions are tired of it.. How would YOU like to be addressed BTW? I could fine major bucks now for not asking...

Also REAL environmentalism has taken a head shot from the GW crazy train.. Poor whales can't catch a break.. Simple ocean clean-ups take a back seat to "carbon pollution" --- which aint even a real sciency thing..

The 60/70s was a "feeling".. What it has morphed into is a malignant, unstable and uncomfortable "cultural straight jacket"....

Civil War is a nasty business. And no one wants one......
But without another, America will become a Leftists, Europeanized, Progressive cesspool......and the America the Founders created will dissolve.....completely.

The Left is utterly determined to end the nation the Founding Fathers created. In it's place a Godless, hedonistic, Authoritarian sewer. You know, like San Fran is already. Mix in a little Chicago style "brotherhood" and you've pictured their "Utopia".
I don't think the Left is particularly talented or effective, so I don't think the succeed in destroying the world's oldest surviving democracy.

if any group remains singularly loyal to Mr. Trump, it is the small but impassioned number of white voters on the far right, often in rural communities like Golden Valley, who extol him as a cultural champion reclaiming the country from undeserving outsiders.
They label us white nationalists, or white supremacists,” volunteered Guy Taiho Decker, who drove from California to attend the event. A right-wing protester, he has previously been arrested on charges of making terrorist threats.

“There’s no such thing as a white supremacist, just like there’s no such thing as a unicorn,” Mr. Decker said. “We’re patriots.”

These voters don’t passively tolerate Mr. Trump’s “build a wall” message or his ban on travel from predominantly Muslim countries — they’re what motivates them. They see themselves in his fear-based identity politics, bolstered by conspiratorial rhetoric about caravans of immigrants and Democratic “coups.”

The president draws support from a broader political and ideological cross-section of Republicans than the Trumpstock crowd reflected, and he attracts some independents and Democrats as well. The festival itself was relatively small, drawing about 100 people, though significant enough to attract the likes of Mr. Gosar.

But events like it, as well as speaking engagements featuring far-right supporters of the president, have become part of the political landscape during the Trump era. Islamophobic taunts can be heard at his rallies. Hate speech and conspiracy theories are staples of some far-right websites. If Trumpstock was modest in size, it stood out as a sign of extremist public support for a sitting president.

Trumpstock attendees say they are used to being denounced, another quality they feel they share with the president. It’s part of why they are protective of him, to the point that they refuse to acknowledge the possibility of a Trump loss in 2020.

Mark Villalta said he had been stockpiling firearms, in case Mr. Trump’s re-election is not successful.

“Nothing less than a civil war would happen,” Mr. Villalta said, his right hand reaching for a holstered handgun. “I don’t believe in violence, but I’ll do what I got to do.”
Looks to me like some goofball "reporter" went looking for some people to buttress their confirmation bias....And lo and behold, found some.

Big whoop.
Most likely....not very hard to do...still insightful...to me, anyway.
It's not insightful, it's fucking propaganda.

"Propaganda" is shit that isn't true. Things that are made up to suit a political purpose. "The Ukrainians hacked the DNC and "meddled in the election" is propaganda because it never happened. Putin made it up and has been promoting the idea to anyone stupid enough to believe him.

The Ukrainian Ambassador writing an op ed saying that the government of the Ukraine wasn't in favour of the guy promoting friendship with Russia is not "meddling". He didn't sneak around making thousands of FaceBook ads, pretending to be an American. Or promote lies about Trump or the people around him.
Who said Ukraine hacked the DNC server? That's a straw man that you just made up. However, they did meddle in the election. There's no doubt about that.

You're a fucking dumbass spouting propaganda.

I'm for the rule of law.

[...]

For what it's worth..I'm not too fond of Progressives either....this impeachment shyte is stupid and counter-productive..the worst kind of Kabuki.

Riddle me this, Eye!

Pelosi, Nadler, and Schiff are NOT "Progressives". They are, however, insisting on governance according to the law and the Constitution, namely, the law be faithfully executed, and the Constitution be protected and defended. Decrying this effort at national hygiene as "Kabuki" doesn't fly well with your insistence on the "rule of law".

Also, please explain what "counter-productive" means, for in my reading you are suggesting that insisting on the rule of law, and holding the Executive to account, would entail more law-breaking, not less.

------------------------------------ who with any well formed opinions wants to be friends or then to compromisise with Leftie or 'betos' , coyotese or other enemies ,
Anyone who is intelligent and aware enough to know the difference between compromise and collaboration.

Anyone who is intelligent and aware enough to recognize that collaboration leads to innovation. Like our Constitution.

Unfortunately, being paralyzed by hardcore partisan ideology destroys such intellectual elasticity, as we are now seeing.

Last edited:
We can thank talk radio and nutter "news" sites for whipping these people into this frenzy. If there is violence, if people die, they will have enabled it.
People will have to die to keep freedom.
And there ya go.

Who will be the targets? Will this be individual Democrat assassinations, or are you thinking about larger picture, domestic terrorism?

------------------------------------ who with any well formed opinions wants to be friends or then to compromisise with Leftie or 'betos' , coyotese or other enemies ,
Anyone who is intelligent and aware enough to know the difference between compromise and collaboration.

Anyone who is intelligent and aware enough to recognize that collaboration leads to innovation. Like our Constitution.

Unfortunately, being paralyzed by hardcore partisan ideology destroys such intellectual elasticity, as we are now seeing.
--------------------------------- I prefer being and seeing enemies . USA that many cry about seems fine , peaceful and well fed to me . Who could ask for more Mac .

We can thank talk radio and nutter "news" sites for whipping these people into this frenzy. If there is violence, if people die, they will have enabled it.
People will have to die to keep freedom.
And there ya go.

Who will be the targets? Will this be individual Democrat assassinations, or are you thinking about larger picture, domestic terrorism?

As the criminal element under the control of the left including the gangs and urban organizations like Antifa and BLM are continually emboldened to attack opposing viewpoints with physical confrontation eventually an organized response will come from the other side and it will escalate.

Jo

Sheesh.. As tho there are no scary characters on YOUR side... Especially your nothing Congressional socialist freshman..

Yeah, the big, almighty, terrifying AOC. She'll once again take to dancing on a rooftop, and dance Western civilization and White culture right into oblivion. Also, she'll singlehandedly ram the destructive Green New Deal down Americans' throats, who would inevitably choke to death upon the experience. Because that's the kind of thing freshman Congresswomen are usually empowered to do.

Very scary. Say, Flac, do you actually believe any of that verbiage you are emitting here? Because, quite frankly, a freshman Congresswoman doesn't usually lend herself to becoming the big, bad bogeyman the rightarded blabbosphere made of her. Did you actually fall for that?

...Putin... His goal since he was KGB was to spew doubt about the American system and get even with us for contributing OUR interference to the fall of the Soviet Union when THEIR population was losing faith in their leadership... but the damage we've done to OURSELVES is more than Putin could have ever dreamed of.. Don't get a Kremlin medal for helping out..
Correct... with the caveat that in the case of the United States, the risk is loss of faith in our system of governance, not individual leaders.

Forum List

Back