‘Nothing Less Than a Civil War’:These White Voters on the Far Right See Doom Without Trump

Wow! A lot of what we see here everyday....an interesting look into the far right rural voter:

‘Nothing Less Than a Civil War’: These White Voters on the Far Right See Doom Without Trump

Great American Pizza & Subs, on a highway about 100 miles southeast of Las Vegas, was busier and Trumpier than usual. On any given day it serves “M.A.G.A. Subs” and “Liberty Bell Lasagna.” The “Second Amendment” pizza comes “loaded” with pepperoni and sausage. The dining room is covered in regalia praising President Trump.
But this October morning was “Trumpstock,” a small festival celebrating the president. The speakers included the local Republican congressman, Paul Gosar, and lesser-known conservative personalities. There was a fringe 2020 Senate candidate in Arizona who ran a website that published sexually explicit photos of women without their consent; a pro-Trump rapper whose lyrics include a racist slur aimed at Barack Obama; and a North Carolina activist who once said of Muslims, “I will kill every one of them before they get to me.”

if any group remains singularly loyal to Mr. Trump, it is the small but impassioned number of white voters on the far right, often in rural communities like Golden Valley, who extol him as a cultural champion reclaiming the country from undeserving outsiders.
They label us white nationalists, or white supremacists,” volunteered Guy Taiho Decker, who drove from California to attend the event. A right-wing protester, he has previously been arrested on charges of making terrorist threats.

“There’s no such thing as a white supremacist, just like there’s no such thing as a unicorn,” Mr. Decker said. “We’re patriots.”

These voters don’t passively tolerate Mr. Trump’s “build a wall” message or his ban on travel from predominantly Muslim countries — they’re what motivates them. They see themselves in his fear-based identity politics, bolstered by conspiratorial rhetoric about caravans of immigrants and Democratic “coups.”

The president draws support from a broader political and ideological cross-section of Republicans than the Trumpstock crowd reflected, and he attracts some independents and Democrats as well. The festival itself was relatively small, drawing about 100 people, though significant enough to attract the likes of Mr. Gosar.

But events like it, as well as speaking engagements featuring far-right supporters of the president, have become part of the political landscape during the Trump era. Islamophobic taunts can be heard at his rallies. Hate speech and conspiracy theories are staples of some far-right websites. If Trumpstock was modest in size, it stood out as a sign of extremist public support for a sitting president.

Trumpstock attendees say they are used to being denounced, another quality they feel they share with the president. It’s part of why they are protective of him, to the point that they refuse to acknowledge the possibility of a Trump loss in 2020.

Mark Villalta said he had been stockpiling firearms, in case Mr. Trump’s re-election is not successful.

“Nothing less than a civil war would happen,” Mr. Villalta said, his right hand reaching for a holstered handgun. “I don’t believe in violence, but I’ll do what I got to do.”
Looks to me like some goofball "reporter" went looking for some people to buttress their confirmation bias....And lo and behold, found some.

Big whoop.
Most likely....not very hard to do...still insightful...to me, anyway.
It's not insightful, it's fucking propaganda.
You don't find propaganda insightful? Anyway...that knife cuts both ways....

Insight is born in the perceptive mind..and can be found anywhere....of course, if one has already placed all their philosophical eggs in one basket...maybe not?

I am tired of the extremists in this country. No middle ground, no compromise and always agitated. It seems the media loves this but I am tired or both parties and their selfish inability to do what is best for America.

This has become one of those ultra-violent threads there are getting to be too many of on this forum. I'm out.

Leftist mobs?

Are you retarded?

Pretty much all violent mobs are leftist, creep.

But then how else can you silence dissent?
iu
Stupid propaganda. As previously mentioned leftists have not blown up any daycare centers, massacred people in places of worship, gone on genocidal rampages, and so on.

It isn't "leftists" who the FBI considers the biggest threat today.
Leftists are responsible for almost all of the mass shootings that have occurred in this country. The left gets the credit for all Jihadi massacres since the left is always defending Muslims.
Well that's just an out and out lie.

If there was any real fascism in operation, violent little punks like you would have already been rounded up and summarily dispatched.

You and the rest of you antifa creeps are nothing more than hysterical miscreant goons.

But it isn't "leftists" whole the FBI considers the biggest threat to America. There are no "leftist" militias, no "leftists" have blown up any federal buildings or daycare centers, no "leftists" have armed up and tried to commit genocide, or murdered people in church, or........

Reality is that it's the right that are violent.

At least the few of you who can get up the willpower to get out of your mom's basement.
Who rioted in the streets during the inauguration?

Who rioted in the streets of Berkley and heavily damaged a venue at UC?

Who shot up a baseball game practice?

Who attacked Rand Paul in his back yard?

Who was clobbering bystanders on the head with a bicycle lock?

Who has harassed and physically attacked attendees to Trump rallies.

You....sir....are....a....fucking....sub-cretin.
Rioted and protested are two different things.
What, when a conservitard does it it's just a loan nutter, right?
His neighbor.
Never heard about anyone hitting people with a bicycle lock.
Nobody has attacked tRump rally attendees.
You haven't heard it because you have your commie blinders on.

Ex-professor accused of hitting Trump supporters with bike lock at 'free speech' rally in Berkeley gets probation
He's heard about all of it...He's just a lying asshole.
No, I actually hadn't heard about that one.

I don't lie, I'm not a republican after all.

Wow! A lot of what we see here everyday....an interesting look into the far right rural voter:

‘Nothing Less Than a Civil War’: These White Voters on the Far Right See Doom Without Trump

Great American Pizza & Subs, on a highway about 100 miles southeast of Las Vegas, was busier and Trumpier than usual. On any given day it serves “M.A.G.A. Subs” and “Liberty Bell Lasagna.” The “Second Amendment” pizza comes “loaded” with pepperoni and sausage. The dining room is covered in regalia praising President Trump.
But this October morning was “Trumpstock,” a small festival celebrating the president. The speakers included the local Republican congressman, Paul Gosar, and lesser-known conservative personalities. There was a fringe 2020 Senate candidate in Arizona who ran a website that published sexually explicit photos of women without their consent; a pro-Trump rapper whose lyrics include a racist slur aimed at Barack Obama; and a North Carolina activist who once said of Muslims, “I will kill every one of them before they get to me.”

if any group remains singularly loyal to Mr. Trump, it is the small but impassioned number of white voters on the far right, often in rural communities like Golden Valley, who extol him as a cultural champion reclaiming the country from undeserving outsiders.
They label us white nationalists, or white supremacists,” volunteered Guy Taiho Decker, who drove from California to attend the event. A right-wing protester, he has previously been arrested on charges of making terrorist threats.

“There’s no such thing as a white supremacist, just like there’s no such thing as a unicorn,” Mr. Decker said. “We’re patriots.”

These voters don’t passively tolerate Mr. Trump’s “build a wall” message or his ban on travel from predominantly Muslim countries — they’re what motivates them. They see themselves in his fear-based identity politics, bolstered by conspiratorial rhetoric about caravans of immigrants and Democratic “coups.”

The president draws support from a broader political and ideological cross-section of Republicans than the Trumpstock crowd reflected, and he attracts some independents and Democrats as well. The festival itself was relatively small, drawing about 100 people, though significant enough to attract the likes of Mr. Gosar.

But events like it, as well as speaking engagements featuring far-right supporters of the president, have become part of the political landscape during the Trump era. Islamophobic taunts can be heard at his rallies. Hate speech and conspiracy theories are staples of some far-right websites. If Trumpstock was modest in size, it stood out as a sign of extremist public support for a sitting president.

Trumpstock attendees say they are used to being denounced, another quality they feel they share with the president. It’s part of why they are protective of him, to the point that they refuse to acknowledge the possibility of a Trump loss in 2020.

Mark Villalta said he had been stockpiling firearms, in case Mr. Trump’s re-election is not successful.

“Nothing less than a civil war would happen,” Mr. Villalta said, his right hand reaching for a holstered handgun. “I don’t believe in violence, but I’ll do what I got to do.”
Looks to me like some goofball "reporter" went looking for some people to buttress their confirmation bias....And lo and behold, found some.

Big whoop.
Most likely....not very hard to do...still insightful...to me, anyway.
It's not insightful, it's fucking propaganda.
You don't find propaganda insightful? Anyway...that knife cuts both ways....

Insight is born in the perceptive mind..and can be found anywhere....of course, if one has already placed all their philosophical eggs in one basket...maybe not?

I am tired of the extremists in this country. No middle ground, no compromise and always agitated. It seems the media loves this but I am tired or both parties and their selfish inability to do what is best for America.
----------------------------------------------- whats BEST for America and whats best for the USA is not in the 'dems' playbook Papa . As example , see what the dems want to do about GUNS in the USA in , think its one of the Virginias with the black face Governor in charge . And see the dems in TEXAS with 'beto orourke' and also on the National Stage . I think that he and other dems would confiscate many privately owned firearms Papa ,

I am tired of the extremists in this country. No middle ground, no compromise and always agitated.

they are playing both ends against the middle papa

~S~

To me it's like they divert us to trivial BS and keeps us from looking at what we need to really see.
------------------------------------------------- yep , what is it that YOU judge to be trivial and that's an important issue to many people Papa .

I am tired of the extremists in this country. No middle ground, no compromise and always agitated.
I've been saying all along that there are people who have a vested professional interest in keeping us angry, paranoid and isolated from each other. They're really having their way right now, because it appears they have so many willing subjects.

How do you carry on a dialogue with people who call you a racistmisognisthomophobzenophobebigotNazi cat kicker, for having the temerity to have a different opinion than they?

~S~

Who are "they", and how are they doing it, Sparky?

The people in power that motivate partisans

usually to cover their own ineptitude

~S~

Ah, the people in power, whoever that is, exactly. So, no microwaves or some such? The "how are they doing it" wasn't something you felt like answering, eh? Whatever, I see mostly partisans at each other's throats, and that is why your "against the middle" also puzzled me.

I've been saying all along that there are people who have a vested professional interest in keeping us angry, paranoid and isolated from each other. They're really having their way right now, because it appears they have so many willing subjects.

Wrong Dead Wrong

What’s going on is the higher logic men are waking up

Too long Edited
I don't think you know what "rural" is; most of what you call "rural" is probably less than 1% of the population.

As far as what Trump will "do for them", other than the Border wall, I'd sure love to know, given how sychophantly some of them fetishize him, to the point of giving him nerdy nicknames, such as the name of an obsure video game character "God emperor" or something; the lack of self-awareness and absurdity of many of these weirdos is ridiculous, to the point that the "far-right" may even match the 'far-left SJWs" in terms of insanity and virtual psychosis, which I used to believe to be impossible.

Males in each ethnic group is waking up to what is the harm

Black males waking up

To see trump as the best

Black males will vote over 20% for trump while black women only 4 %

Hispanic males voting over 50% for trump and Hispanic females 25%

White men 70% for trump
White women 48% for trump

The men will rise and stop this crooked harmful system

How do you carry on a dialogue with people who call you a racistmisognisthomophobzenophobebigotNazi cat kicker, for having the temerity to have a different opinion than they?

they appear every time the political pendulum swings

most cling to superficial beliefs

for ex, the only dif betwixt Hope & Change and MAGA are party lines

~S~

they appear every time the political pendulum swings

most cling to superficial beliefs

for ex, the only dif betwixt Hope & Change and MAGA are party lines

~S~
Doesn't answer the question.

Forum List

Back