Iowa's Longest Serving Republican Switches To Democratic Party, Citing Trump

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
ep. Andy McKean, Iowa’s longest-serving Republican lawmaker, left his party on Tuesday to join the Democrats, and cited President Donald Trump as a factor in his decision.

“With the 2020 presidential election looming on the horizon, I feel, as a Republican, that I need to be able to support the standard bearer of our party,” McKean told reporters at the Iowa Capitol during a news conference on Tuesday. “Unfortunately, that’s something I’m unable to do.”

Iowa's Longest-Serving Republican Switches to Democratic Party Because of Trump

Trump really does bring people together.

ep. Andy McKean, Iowa’s longest-serving Republican lawmaker, left his party on Tuesday to join the Democrats, and cited President Donald Trump as a factor in his decision.

“With the 2020 presidential election looming on the horizon, I feel, as a Republican, that I need to be able to support the standard bearer of our party,” McKean told reporters at the Iowa Capitol during a news conference on Tuesday. “Unfortunately, that’s something I’m unable to do.”

He's a local politician. Big whup.

But when a local guy switched to the Repubs there was like 6 threads about it...funny how that works

It's great that the never Trumpers identify themselves. Easier to get rid of this way.

But when a local guy switched to the Repubs there was like 6 threads about it...funny how that works
He is a member of Congress, dumbass.

He is a member of Congress, dumbass.

Not the one I am talking about dumb ass

If he was a member of Congress instead of a state rep this might be a bigger deal rather it's this guy or Jeff Van Drew people tend to make a bigger deal out of it than they should.

Thank goodness we are seeing some Republicans showing a backbone and standing up for morals and ethics over kissing a megalomaniac's fat ass.

There goes Gator posting like that Righty he proclaims to be.
Weird that a Righty such as yourself always seems to seize an opportunity to detest Conservative behaviors yet you never seem to notice when you should do the same with Lefties....I smell fish bud.

Thank goodness we are seeing some Republicans showing a backbone and standing up for morals and ethics over kissing a megalomaniac's fat ass.

What version of "morals and ethics" are we talking about...The kind where killing unborn babies, men wearing dresses and men pounding men in the ass is considered moral and our own politicians forcing American citizens to pay for Mexicos healthcare is ethical? That kind?

HE was a RINO and far left wacko masquerading as a republican.. Good Riddance.

he will be voted out

Fairly meaningless, like most of your posts.

He is gambling 1100 people will roll over in his district. Should be interesting. Excuse me, 900.

The truth exposed regarding who really colluded with foreign spies and collaborated to affect the 2016 election and continued sedition and coup attempts are driving what moderate, moral, Constitution-respecting Democrats remain out of the Party.

I notice that when it isnt your side, the Democrats, you always say "this is an old article" but this one from April doesnt seem seem to rankle you.

He bases his change on "issues," but in the article none are identified. I would be curious.

Enforcing our immigration laws?

He wants to be associated with the Party that spied on a Presidential candidate AND launders money?

Really?

Forum List

Back