Not Sure How I Feel About A Black Actor Playing Queen Ann Boleyn.

For centuries, whites played Asian and Black characters on the stage in, for the last century, in films and no one seemed to mind.

Shakespeare's 'Othello, Mozart's Pasha, Charlie Chan... all played by white actors.

It's really not a big deal. Some characters can benefit from being seen in a different perspective.

The rest of the article is bullshit. Woke opinion devoid of understanding what Owens said.

For centuries, whites played Asian and Black characters on the stage in, for the last century, in films and no one seemed to mind.

Shakespeare's 'Othello, Mozart's Pasha, Charlie Chan... all played by white actors.

It's really not a big deal. Some characters can benefit from being seen in a different perspective.
Not the majority of opinions, it isn't. If blacks can play certain individuals..then so can whites. And I am not talking about the past historical movies. I'm talking about well known movies being swapped to place blacks in the part of a white person. For example, Roland Destain on The Black tower was NOT BLACK. Yet, stephen king asshole woke dickhead agreed to let a black man play the part.

Can we have a Black Panther movie with a white guy playing the role? Of course not, cuz shit would hit the fan. How about a tv show called White-ish? That ok too?

Can we have a Black Panther movie with a white guy playing the role?

He wouldn't be able to jump as high, but I'd be OK with it.

But, I didn't see the first 'Black Panther' movie.

In American cinematic history whites have played native American, Asian and even black characters and literally every other ethnicity you can think of.

No one threw a hissy fit about it. Certainly no one white.

There's zero problem with what's going on here.
So two wrongs make a right?

Why not just have white actors play white characters? Black actors play black characters? Etc.

and, for what it’s worth, I don’t really have a problem with race swapping when it comes to relatively obscure fictional characters. race swapping historical figures is something else. There’s nothing to debate.

In the original Umbrella Academy comic book, Allison was white, in the tv show she’s black. The actress who plays her is great. No problem.

But, if was the other way around, if Alison had been black in the original comic and then they picked a white actress for the show, people would lose their shit. Why is that? What’s the difference?

I remember say, Charlie Chan Movies and say even whites in blackface acts. Interjecting blacks into everything NOW seems like the same thing but more condescending.

This movie made the entire Bolyn family black. Unlike Othello played in blackface or Charlie Chan with fake slabt eyes and fake accent, Anne Bolyn is portrayed as black. At least give her Whiteface makeup.

Don't we already have enough movies about Ann Bolyn? What really is to gain by making another movie about a white woman? Are there no black women in history worthy of a movies we haven't already seen?

He wouldn't be able to jump as high, but I'd be OK with it.

But, I didn't see the first 'Black Panther' movie.
That actor was awesome. Too bad he died. Too damn young and what a loss. Regardless, he IS and will ALWAYS be Black Panther. Its like having Jack Black being Wolverine.
You are still being obtuse and I never figured you to be that.

Meanwhile, lets not leave anyone out. How about a blonde norwegian play Gande? This is going to extremes. You cannot change history. Period. Although it sure is being attempted.

With that said, I can understand some of your point of view. Did you know the crying native american commercial about trash on the road was not a native american? He was italian. Why not get a real native american? Because back then, that's what they did. But that was then. This is NOW. And British royalty were not black any more than Shaka Zulu was white. Period.

I'd really have to see the performance before rendering judgment.

The Duke played Genghis Khan- an historical Oriental leader- in The Conqueror and did a tremendous job.

I remember say, Charlie Chan Movies and say even whites in blackface acts. Interjecting blacks into everything NOW seems like the same thing but more condescending.
MaryL, you may have misspelled the last word in your post. It should be:
S-i-c-k-e-n-i-n-g....

Not: condescend...

See what I mean? You're welcome. Glad to help. Lol.

Don't we already have enough movies about Ann Bolyn? What really is to gain by making another movie about a white woman? Are there no black women in history worthy of a movies we haven't already seen?
Lets have Hollyweird do new movies of Harriet Tubman and Melissa McCarthy play her....or Rosa Parks and Kathy Bates play her?

I'd really have to see the performance before rendering judgment.

The Duke played Genghis Khan- an historical Oriental leader- in The Conqueror and did a tremendous job.
I refuse to watch it. Didn't see Waynes portrayal as Khan, either, nor would if I could. It is not historical. CAN'T CHANGE HISTORY although they sure are trying just to be pc.

Quid pro quo says Candace Owens, and so do millions of others.

White woman with dreadlocks...its cultural appropiation. So what is this new schtick called of blacks playing in white history roles but its NOT cultural appropiation? Again, ya cant change history.

1562 was the first time a slaver brought in africans to brittain. Slavery was abolished in brittain around 1860 ir so. Anne was queen in 1533.

CAN'T CHANGE HISTORY and it go over well.

Forum List

Back