Not Sure How I Feel About A Black Actor Playing Queen Ann Boleyn.

But todays production is as valid as Shakespeares. Both are versions of the truth and both invite you to use your imagination.
did I question the "validity" of the historical THING? I made
a comment on the use of "not the same skin color" actors

On the one hand, I fully support Black, Gay, Trans people (i.e. people who have been traditionally discriminated against in all forms of employment) getting their fair share of acting roles.
On the other hand, I'm a stickler for historical accuracy and if a production is based on true life events it must not deviate in any way. I can only accept artistic licence if something is not known as a means of filling in the gaps.
So with that in mind, I am genuinely perplexed that a drama depicting the life of HenryVIII second wife Queen Ann Boleyn is to be played by Jodie Turner-Smith.

View attachment 492541

While I have little doubt that Jodie is a very capable Actor, one can tell by looking at her that she is of Black African decent, not White Anglo Saxon as was Ann Boleyn. To my mind it will spoil the drama before I've even seen it. No matter how good an actress Jodie is she will need to be incredible for the audience to dispel the fact she is black from our minds and thus could not possibly be Queen Ann Boleyn. It is particularly significant in the case of the Tudors as, like Queen Elizabeth l, they used white powder to lighten their skin. Aristocratic ladies in Tudor times had to look the 'fair maiden' to differentiate themselves from working women who were unable to prevent the sun tanning their skin.
View attachment 492545View attachment 492544 View attachment 492546
Queen Ann Boleyn As usually portraid Queen Elizabeth I. Ann Boleyn's daughter
from a painting................................................................................................From a painting.

View attachment 492547
Jodie Turner-Smith as Queen Ann Boleyn

Maybe I'm just being too set in my ideas and inwilling to change, but I would feel the same way if a White actor was given the role of Rosa Parkes, or Hitler was played by a Black Rastafarian complete with dreadlocks.
Some things just go too far.
The question I keep asking myself is why?
Maybe she will be playing the role in whiteface.

Jesus was not white. That was my point.
And you know this because, you belong to the same country club? Marched side by side for gay rights? Dated the same girl?
The races of the world are Caucasioid, negroid, Mongoloid, which non white race was Jesus?

On the one hand, I fully support Black, Gay, Trans people (i.e. people who have been traditionally discriminated against in all forms of employment) getting their fair share of acting roles.
On the other hand, I'm a stickler for historical accuracy and if a production is based on true life events it must not deviate in any way. I can only accept artistic licence if something is not known as a means of filling in the gaps.
So with that in mind, I am genuinely perplexed that a drama depicting the life of HenryVIII second wife Queen Ann Boleyn is to be played by Jodie Turner-Smith.

View attachment 492541

While I have little doubt that Jodie is a very capable Actor, one can tell by looking at her that she is of Black African decent, not White Anglo Saxon as was Ann Boleyn. To my mind it will spoil the drama before I've even seen it. No matter how good an actress Jodie is she will need to be incredible for the audience to dispel the fact she is black from our minds and thus could not possibly be Queen Ann Boleyn. It is particularly significant in the case of the Tudors as, like Queen Elizabeth l, they used white powder to lighten their skin. Aristocratic ladies in Tudor times had to look the 'fair maiden' to differentiate themselves from working women who were unable to prevent the sun tanning their skin.
View attachment 492545View attachment 492544 View attachment 492546
Queen Ann Boleyn As usually portraid Queen Elizabeth I. Ann Boleyn's daughter
from a painting................................................................................................From a painting.

View attachment 492547
Jodie Turner-Smith as Queen Ann Boleyn

Maybe I'm just being too set in my ideas and inwilling to change, but I would feel the same way if a White actor was given the role of Rosa Parkes, or Hitler was played by a Black Rastafarian complete with dreadlocks.
Some things just go too far.
The question I keep asking myself is why?
That dog don't hunt.

Jesus was not white. That was my point.
What the fuck makes you think that?

I tell ya wut, When Ethiopians, the blackest people on this planet say he was white, he was white. Jewish, really but still white-skinned.

They love him to death. That's where he first went after the resurrection and the church he established there is still going. They guard where they think the Ark of The Covenant is there daily with their lives. Totally dedicated.

Whatever the Ethiopians are protecting, it's not the Ark, that was under Golgotha when God split the ground open after the Roman soldier pierced Jesus' side with a spear. God had his faithful stash it there 400 years prior to Jesus' crucifixion. He didn't say why or how, he just told them to put it there, and they did.

But God bless the Ethiopians for fighting to the death for what is right.

The "Zionists" have the Ark now. It served its purpose a long time ago.
Why they didn't leave it where it was, idk. :dunno:

Only God can judge his people. And Ethiopians are so dedicated that Muslims cannot get to whatever they're protecting that they think is the Ark in the name of Jesus. And have been for over 2000 years. God bless them!

Surely God has a special place in paradise for Ethiopians.

Last edited:
What the fuck makes you think that?

I tell ya wut, When Ethiopians, the blackest people on this planet say he was white, he was white. Jewish, really but still white-skinned.

They love him to death. That's where he first went after the resurrection and the church he established there is still going. They guard where they think the Ark of The Covenant is there daily with their lives. Totally dedicated.

1660598903093.jpeg

The one on the left.

Who came up with that? If Jesus wasn't white, South and North Americans would not have accepted Spaniards so easily. They thought it was the return of him, brah. Unfortunately, it was gold-hungry assholes.
Matter of fact there were no white people at all back then. There are no white people in the bible.

Matter of fact there were no white people at all back then. There are no white people in the bible.
You must be from West Virginia. Jesus was a Jew and Jews are white.

How many genders do you think there are? Hmm?

1660600557810.png

Omigod!! Jodie Turner-Smith is DEFINITELY not Anne Boleyn! It would take a lot of whiteface to fix that face.

We see her interest in culturally appropriating white identity from the bleached hair, but it doesn't help, have to tell you.

I've read and have in my library several books about Anne Boleyn (because I kind of got interested, this is a well-known feminist sort of thing) and lemme tell you, this ain't Anne. Any story told with this character acting the part will certainly be SNAFUed.

I suppose all this weird carry-on is a kind of advanced Clickbait --- "they won't watch another historical, so let's jazz it up by making her black!"

We so badly need a serious backlash against the craziness going on now.

Forum List

Back