Now white conservatives can understand how Blacks feel about the justice system.

The Romans as practicers of diversity and inclusion!!!!!!!!!! Now I've heard everything!!!

Obviously not or that tightly coiled pile of crap would never have made it to your screen.

Try turning off the tv (A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum is not a documentary
1681141432855.jpeg
)

and reading

You’re very butthurt.
Have you noticed that you cannot actually make political points, but just post childish insults? And they're not even creative childish insults: they come from a small pool of about a dozen.

Here's a helpful suggestion: I don't know whether you're Right or Left, but whatever, you need
to start trying to learn factual information that will help you to make adult arguments.

I suggest that you subscribe to one journal that supports your views. The value of a printed journal is
that you can read it a bit at a time ... at the breakfast table, in the bath, just before you go to bed.
Your inability to read anything of more than a few sentences long is not incurable! Get one of these
magazines, and after a few months, you'll find it easier to read serious material. And you'll be able
to argue like a grown-up.

So: if you're on the Right, subscribe to one of these:

If you're on the Left, try one of these:

We finally agree on something.
We can all agree that justice should be color-blind. It's a trap for patriots to assume that it already is, 100%.

A good exercise for whites is this: try to imagine that you are living in a society where you are 13% of the population. So most policemen, most judges, most jury members, are non-white. Even if almost everyone
in that society paid lip-service, even sincerely, to 'color-blind justice' ... would you be confident that you would
always get it?

Imagine also that, until a few decades ago, in a large part of that country, whites could be killed
with impunity ... strung up on a tree, set fire to, while laughing crowds of non-whites watched. Wouldn't you be
at least a little suspicious about the claim that now everything is different?

We can all agree that justice should be color-blind. It's a trap for patriots to assume that it already is, 100%.

A good exercise for whites is this: try to imagine that you are living in a society where you are 13% of the population. So most policemen, most judges, most jury members, are non-white. Even if almost everyone
in that society paid lip-service, even sincerely, to 'color-blind justice' ... would you be confident that you would
always get it?

Imagine also that, until a few decades ago, in a large part of that country, whites could be killed
with impunity ... strung up on a tree, set fire to, while laughing crowds of non-whites watched. Wouldn't you be
at least a little suspicious about the claim that now everything is different?

I would if every opportunity was presented to me. Blacks get treated just like anybody else: they attend public funded schools, have the opportunity to spend money for private schools, can go to college or trade school after they graduate, can invest their money or open up their own business, live anywhere in the country they desire, don't have to get involved in crime or illegal activities, learn to adapt or assimilate into most any neighborhood.

Quit making excuses for how other people conduct themselves.

I would if every opportunity was presented to me. Blacks get treated just like anybody else: they attend public funded schools, have the opportunity to spend money for private schools, can go to college or trade school after they graduate, can invest their money or open up their own business, live anywhere in the country they desire, don't have to get involved in crime or illegal activities, learn to adapt or assimilate into most any neighborhood.

exactly they choose to do stupied things and then blame some one else. the most pathetic people ever.

My interest here is in helping patriots reach the one-in-three Black people who consider themselves conservatives in their personal beliefs about things like religion, the family, patriotism. 10% of Black people vote Republican, but three times this number identify as 'conservative'. Why aren't we reaching them?

One factor may be that we come across as indifferent to the reality of Black life in America, and appear to believe
that Blacks are in the same situation as, say, Jews are. "Yes, there was some discrimination at one time, but that's all
in the past."

Sorry, when a policeman stops a car driven by a young Black male at night, he has -- absolutely understandably! -- a different reaction to the driver than he does if he stops a car driven by a young white male. It's a viscious circle.

And, yes, the Left exploits this to the full. They want all Blacks to think of themselves as helpless victims, dependent on kindly white liberals to pull them up via government handouts. There are plenty of Blacks who realize this, and do what we can't, which is to attack the Blacks-as-eternal-victims narrative and be listened to..

O’ wow. Brief. ^ Mindless. But brief. Give yourself a gold star.
You finished reading it!!! Wonderful! Start with daily reading of single
short paragraphs. Then, each week try daily reading material where each
paragraph is just one sentence longer than the previous week.

I think there are free apps you can download which do this, and which also
increase your vocabulary by introducing new words each week. In a year,
you'll be amazed at how your reading comprehension has increased, and,
if you read the right things, your knowledge as well. Good luck!!!

My interest here is in helping patriots reach the one-in-three Black people who consider themselves conservatives in their personal beliefs about things like religion, the family, patriotism. 10% of Black people vote Republican, but three times this number identify as 'conservative'. Why aren't we reaching them?

You mean you are hoping that the black working class is as stupid as the white working class, FHD?

The problem with appeals to "religion" "family" and Patriotism is that they are emotional triggers that have nothing to do with sensible policy.

Do you think it's a coincidence that Republican Presidents kept appointing justices that upheld Roe before Trump came along? No, they realize that it's bad policy to overturn Roe, but excellent politics to have it out there for the religious stupid to get worked up about.

The reason why you aren't reaching them is they know that the actual policies that effect their lives are the ones that Democrats support.

Now if only white people weren't so dumb.

It's not normal for people to be able to feel much empathy for those who are different from them. This is universally true.

In America, whites, and especially white conservatives, don't really appreciate what is was like to be Black before the Civil Rights Revolution fifty years ago, and especially what it was like to be Black in the South. And even if they do, many of them assume it's totally different now.

I don't want to start an argument about this here (elsewhere, sure) but there is still 'statistical racism' in the US: if a policeman pulls over a car with a dead tail light, and the occupants are young Black males, they will be treated differently than if they were white. There's a valid reason for this, but if you're one of those young Black males, it might not cut much ice with you at the time.

And if you're Black, in front of an all-white jury and a white judge, you won't be crazy to think that your skin color is going to play a role in what happens.

Individuals acting in a private capacity are one thing. But the law is supposed to treat us all equally, regardless of our race, sex, or political affiliation.

But this is not always the case. Long ago, in Houston, an acquaintance of mine named Lee Otis Johnson, a Black militant who was a thorn in the side of the police, gave an undercover policeman a marijuana cigaratte ... was arrested ... was sentenced to, wait for it .... thirty years in prison. All following the letter of the law. He served four before a higher court overturned the sentence. [ Black Panther Gets 30 Years for One Joint (1968) – Hippyland ]

Equal treatment? Things have improved a lot, with respect to race and the law, but they started from a very low base. (The one area where 'Critical Race Theory', which used to be called 'Critical Legal Theory', had a point, was in the way the law could appear to be race-neutral, but in fact was not neutral. (More about that here: [ Critical Race Theory Wasn’t Always Like This ] )

Now, we're finding out what it's like when the letter of the law is followed, but the acutal application of it is unequal. Does anyone believe that if Mr Trump had continued as a Democrat, that he would now be facing felony charges? When I see pious Democrats being interviewed saying 'No one is above the law' I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Come on! Are you kidding me? Hunter Biden is not only 'high', he's high above the law.

Unequal treatment before the law, while following the letter of the law, is now going to be applied to white conservatives. We're going to get to feel what it's like. There are two positive results from this: (1) it will wake up more of our people (and maybe some others as well) as to what is happening to America, and (2) it may make us a bit more understanding of how that young Black man being pulled over for a dead tail light feels.
The young Black congressmen in Kentucky didn't help dispel the notion that young Black men are shit stirrers. They're still acting angry and hateful simply because they didn't get their way. There was nothing unjust.

And, yes, the Left exploits this to the full. They want all Blacks to think of themselves as helpless victims, dependent on kindly white liberals to pull them up via government handouts. There are plenty of Blacks who realize this, and do what we can't, which is to attack the Blacks-as-eternal-victims narrative and be listened to..

Here's another reality you are confused about Fake Hippy Doug. White people love them government handouts, too.

In fact, we spend FAR more on middle class entitlements (Social Security, Medicare, Veteran's Benefits, Unemployment insurance) than we do on poverty relief (Food Stamps, Welfare, Section 8)

It's just that we shame poor people when they get the latter.

Here's another reality you are confused about Fake Hippy Doug. White people love them government handouts, too.

In fact, we spend FAR more on middle class entitlements (Social Security, Medicare, Veteran's Benefits, Unemployment insurance) than we do on poverty relief (Food Stamps, Welfare, Section 8)

It's just that we shame poor people when they get the latter.
Only a full blown idiot wouldn't be able to understand the difference between Social Security, Medicare, Veterans benefits and welfare.

Forum List

Back