New York bans retail sales of dogs, cats, rabbits.

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
On Thursday, New York Gov. Kathy Hochul signed legislation that bans the sale of dogs, cats and rabbits at retail pet stores.
The governor’s office said the law aims to end the "puppy-mill-to-pet-store pipeline" and prevent animal abuse from breeders.

New York bans the sale of dogs, cats and rabbits at retail pet stores

communist+new+york.png

Sweet, now everyone will just get their puppy mill dog from a rescue, many of which already directly/purposely source dogs from puppy mills.....Yeah, that's a real thing.

On Thursday, New York Gov. Kathy Hochul signed legislation that bans the sale of dogs, cats and rabbits at retail pet stores.
The governor’s office said the law aims to end the "puppy-mill-to-pet-store pipeline" and prevent animal abuse from breeders.

communist+new+york.png

Sweet, now everyone will just get their puppy mill dog from a rescue, many of which already directly/purposely source dogs from puppy mills.....Yeah, that's a real thing.
of course rescues purposely get animals from puppy mills,, thats where abused animals are at,,

paying 20 bucks for a rescue dogs is far cheaper than 300 for the same dog from a pet store

California did this years ago. Puppy mill dogs don't end up at rescue. Not unless they have been confiscated by animal control. Rescue dogs generally come from municipal shelters. Rescues adopt them, then foster them in private homes until they go to Furever homes. Puppy mill dogs still get sold on Craigslist.

of course rescues purposely get animals from puppy mills,, thats where abused animals are at,,

paying 20 bucks for a rescue dogs is far cheaper than 300 for the same dog from a pet store
Have you checked out how much rescues charge? $300.00 to $500.00 for a used dog.

communist+new+york.png

But at least they're having a Blue Light Special sale on rats.

After my precious little girl passed I saw a rescue at the vet's getting a check up. He was so cute. A maltipoo. I was overjoyed to find out he was adoptable. At fifteen years old the rescue wanted $600.00. Oh no no no. Fortunately, Paris Hilton heard of my plight and paid not only the adoption fee but all his vet bills for the year he had left to live. I gave him a great year. Spoiled rotten.

After my precious little girl passed I saw a rescue at the vet's getting a check up. He was so cute. A maltipoo. I was overjoyed to find out he was adoptable. At fifteen years old the rescue wanted $600.00. Oh no no no. Fortunately, Paris Hilton heard of my plight and paid not only the adoption fee but all his vet bills for the year he had left to live. I gave him a great year. Spoiled rotten.
I would have called the person asking so much a thief and animal abusing profiteer,,

and then offered them 50 bucks,,

California did this years ago. Puppy mill dogs don't end up at rescue. Not unless they have been confiscated by animal control. Rescue dogs generally come from municipal shelters. Rescues adopt them, then foster them in private homes until they go to Furever homes. Puppy mill dogs still get sold on Craigslist.
Oh yes they do, usually due to behaviorproblems.

It's worked out very well in California. Pet stores have adoption days where rescue groups bring dogs and cats to the pet store for adoption. Some pet stores have permanent cat rescue.
Sometimes "rescue" animals were abandoned to a "shelter" for a damn good reason. And they are the first animals they want to get rid of for that same reason. They would rather keep the good friendly healthy doggies and pawn off the sick mean bad doggies.

Sometimes "rescue" animals were abandoned to a "shelter" for a damn good reason. And they are the first animals they want to get rid of for that same reason. They would rather keep the good friendly healthy doggies and pawn off the sick mean bad doggies.
their goal is to get rid of all the dogs,,

Oh yes they do, usually due to behaviorproblems.
It is certainly nothing I have seen. Puppy mill puppies are purebred. There are breed specific rescues that take in these puppies. Trainers train them while in foster care to make sure they are socialized. I adopted a purebred miniature pincher from the breed rescue. The first one I got had behavior problems. I had to return him. He went for additional training and I got another one.

It is certainly nothing I have seen. Puppy mill puppies are purebred. There are breed specific rescues that take in these puppies. Trainers train them while in foster care to make sure they are socialized. I adopted a purebred miniature pincher from the breed rescue. The first one I got had behavior problems. I had to return him. He went for additional training and I got another one.
We may be misunderstanding each other. I was thinking Breed specific rescues. We got them in Aussie rescue more often than through animal shelters.

There are also rescues that specifically buy the used up puppymill breeders at auction, foster and work with them and then place them.

Now however, it’s 90% doodles.

how dare you return a dog,, would you return a child if it had behavior problems??

if I ran a rescue first I wouldnt give out a dog that was a problem and second wouldnt give someone a second animal if they returned the fist one,,

no revolving door on this house,,

Rescues all have the dogs cared for by a veterinarian. They are dewormed, healthy or sold with a waiver, neutered, defleaed and have lived with a foster family. Rescue dogs are awesome.

Some rescues work with a rescue in other countries and send dogs here that were destined for the meat market.

Forum List

Back