New York bans retail sales of dogs, cats, rabbits.

Pffft. They shouldn’t be selling puppies.
They leave puppies and kitties alone all night. Sometimes for days if they are closed. Pet stores have burned to the ground killing all animals inside. Puppies and kittens are not door knobs. They must be cared for.

Older people get little dogs because they can't properly exercise big dogs.
My aunt is 90, and about ten years ago, she lost her last dog and was hesitant to get another but was badly missing the companionship. I suggested she look into rescues that had senior dogs or special needs, because so often they are overlooked and small breeds tend to live longer. Since she has had several and given them wonderful lives. Her most recent are a bonded pair, a mini doxie and long haired chihuahua, 11 and 12 I think.

Pffft. They shouldn’t be selling puppies.

Maybe the problem is that everyone just needs to adopt more? Maybe Joe Biden ought to pass a law ordering every single person have at least two pets, every couple 5 and another five for every child, instead of worrying about how fast mid-sized boats travel in the ocean?

Maybe the problem is that everyone just needs to adopt more? Maybe Joe Biden ought to pass a law ordering every single person have at least two pets, every couple 5 and another five for every child, instead of worrying about how fast mid-sized boats travel in the ocean?
Which has what to do with this?

My aunt is 90, and about ten years ago, she lost her last dog and was hesitant to get another but was badly missing the companionship. I suggested she look into rescues that had senior dogs or special needs, because so often they are overlooked and small breeds tend to live longer. Since she has had several and given them wonderful lives. Her most recent are a bonded pair, a mini doxie and long haired chihuahua, 11 and 12 I think.
I currently live with my son and daughter-in-law with two cats. They won't allow a dog.

So you would have these poor animals suffer there longer unadopted? And the pet stores suffer worse economically due to low sales leading to even worse care for these animals?

Seems you are using live animals as a political football to get at the puppy mills you hate!

Maybe a better solution is to address the economic needs of people with a better economy so that fewer people need to mill puppies and pet stores are better able to give pets the care they really need?

just checked with my wife,,
city ran shelters charge 22 bucks a dog, the one my mom just got a dog from last yr is strictly donation only, and the one we got our puppy at last yr is 40 per dog and we paid 100 for the puppy,,

So you would have these poor animals suffer there longer unadopted? And the pet stores suffer worse economically due to low sales leading to even worse care for these animals?
They aren't adopted. They are sold for large sums of money. Are you saying people should be subsidizing abusive behavior?

Seems you are using live animals as a political football to get at the puppy mills you hate!

Nothing to do with politics.

Maybe a better solution is to address the economic needs of people with a better economy so that fewer people need to mill puppies and pet stores are better able to give pets the care they really need?
Great, except it makes no sense. Petstore (both brick and morter and online) puppies generally cost more than shelter dogs or puppies from reputable breeders.

On Thursday, New York Gov. Kathy Hochul signed legislation that bans the sale of dogs, cats and rabbits at retail pet stores.
The governor’s office said the law aims to end the "puppy-mill-to-pet-store pipeline" and prevent animal abuse from breeders.

New York bans the sale of dogs, cats and rabbits at retail pet stores

communist+new+york.png

Sweet, now everyone will just get their puppy mill dog from a rescue, many of which already directly/purposely source dogs from puppy mills.....Yeah, that's a real thing.
Get a free illegal with every kitten

Are you saying people should be subsidizing abusive behavior?
People are only like every other lifeform on the planet, Dear--- they do what they must to survive. If only our 21st century world offered them better opportunities, but like the whales in the ocean and the buckweeds in Nevada, we are all being dealt a pretty sour hand to play with these days. The Jetsons and Star Trek were only a fantasy after all.

Petstore (both brick and morter and online) puppies generally cost more than shelter dogs or puppies from reputable breeders.
That's good! Then these petstores ought to be least-favored by more people so that more shelter dogs especially have a better chance at finding a home.

Forum List

Back