New York bans retail sales of dogs, cats, rabbits.

Sometimes "rescue" animals were abandoned to a "shelter" for a damn good reason. And they are the first animals they want to get rid of for that same reason. They would rather keep the good friendly healthy doggies and pawn off the sick mean bad doggies.
In Aussie rescue, it got to the point were a lot of shelters wanted to keep the nice ones and try to get us to take the really hard ones. Iā€™m willing to take them and work with them if they would also give us the nice ones.

how dare you return a dog,, would you return a child if it had behavior problems??

if I ran a rescue first I wouldnt give out a dog that was a problem and second wouldnt give someone a second animal if they returned the fist one,,

no revolving door on this house,,
Ideal is the adoption is the final home but that isnā€™t always the case and it isnā€™t always someoneā€™s fault. Sometimes itā€™s not a good match.

We may be misunderstanding each other. I was thinking Breed specific rescues. We got them in Aussie rescue more often than through animal shelters.

There are also rescues that specifically buy the used up puppymill breeders at auction, foster and work with them and then place them.

Now however, itā€™s 90% doodles.

Most of the time if a shelter runs across a purebred they will call a breed specific rescue.
Puppy and kitten mills should be shut down and those that run them imprisoned.

Ideal is the adoption is the final home but that isnā€™t always the case and it isnā€™t always someoneā€™s fault. Sometimes itā€™s not a good match.
maybe its just me, but you need to decide before taking them home if they are a fit,,

I cant think of a single unexpected problem I couldnt resolve with time,,

In Aussie rescue, it got to the point were a lot of shelters wanted to keep the nice ones and try to get us to take the really hard ones. Iā€™m willing to take them and work with them if they would also give us the nice ones.
Shame on them. I wish I could have another dog. I can only have little dogs. I am not a good owner for a big dog.

Big government loving liberal loon New York Gov. Kathy Hochul just drove a lot of retail pet store owners to shut down their business. ... :cuckoo:
Nope. They still sell food, toys etc, and have rescue days where the dogs and cats come in. It works out beautifully.

I got my Persian Cat from a breeder. All the cats and kittens were running all over the house. I was told to sit on the floor in the kitchen until a kitten chose me. I wanted the little tortoiseshell female but she wouldn't come near me. Finally a little ginger boy crawled up in my lap. My cat.

Most of the time if a shelter runs across a purebred they will call a breed specific rescue.
Puppy and kitten mills should be shut down and those that run them imprisoned.
More and more Iā€™m finding that no longer to be the case. Purebreds are either swept up by these big all breed rescues that do mass transports or the shelters hold them back for local adopters UNLESS there is a problem. We weā€™ve been getting more as owner give ups now.

More and more Iā€™m finding that no longer to be the case. Purebreds are either swept up by these big all breed rescues that do mass transports or the shelters hold them back for local adopters UNLESS there is a problem. We weā€™ve been getting more as owner give ups now.

I have been monitoring breed rescues in CA, NV and AZ for a miniature poodle, yorkie or papillion. If one shows up, it's ancient and sick. Are they not getting dogs?

I got my Persian Cat from a breeder. All the cats and kittens were running all over the house. I was told to sit on the floor in the kitchen until a kitten chose me. I wanted the little tortoiseshell female but she wouldn't come near me. Finally a little ginger boy crawled up in my lap. My cat.
Thatā€™s kind of how I got my first Aussie. She chose me. She was from a farm, backyard breeder. Only one left. They had to tie her to keep her from running away. I couldnā€™t approach her because she was so scared, so I sat on the ground with my back to her and ignored her. Then, a head cautiously nudged under my arm for petting. I became her universe and she was my number one girl, Deena (she didnā€™t much like anyone else). :)

I have been monitoring breed rescues in CA, NV and AZ for a miniature poodle, yorkie or papillion. If one shows up, it's ancient and sick. Are they not getting dogs?
I think little dogs are incredibly popular, plus fewer end up in rescue overall.

It's worked out very well in California. Pet stores have adoption days where rescue groups bring dogs and cats to the pet store for adoption. Some pet stores have permanent cat rescue.
Iā€™ve noticed that here as well,love it!

Forum List

Back