California Becomes First State to Ban Retail Sale of Dogs, Cats and Rabbits

Bless and protect all dogs .....

no more mills.....no more scum who want to get rich with dogs,.............NO NOOOOOOOO

BLESS AND PROTECT ALL DOGS!

That's where I draw the line

when some scum want to get money treating all these puppies like a bank....

FUCK THEM .........................fuck all these scum may them and their family and all their love ones .... go to HELl for an Eternity..................FOR AN ETERNITY!

Fantastic!
Anyone and everyone can get behind this new law in CA: pet stores can only sell cats and dogs from shelters!

I do free EDDMs (Every Door Direct Mail) for local animal shelters when then need volunteers to help walk the dogs and care for them while they try to find homes. So many cats and dogs that have to be put down each year. A heartbreaker.

So thank you California for starting the precedent that our pets have the right to be treated humanely and not like property or lawn furniture! The new law extends into other areas of pet ownership and breeders too!

California limits pet store sales of cats, dogs and rabbits to rescue or shelter animals only - CNN
A leftist cheering on MORE government control no matter the cause good or bad etc etc....How shocking. Is it a good cause? Absolutely. Is it ANY of the government's business? NO!
The law is unnecessary. Dogs and cats have not been sold in pet stores for years. The big pet supply stores have put the mom and pops out of business long ago. The bigger stores make more profit from letting rescues have adoption days.

I saw this earlier and applaud it. I volunteer for a rescue group. We are a no kill group. We also take our cats to the various pet stores here but we screen the applications thoroughly. We also have them at the AARF house and have many with fosters. I am a major foster fail and won't ever do that again. Now I monitor the phone lines along with two others.

Our county has just made it against the law to chain your dog outside. There's a stiff penalty if anyone is caught doing it.

Does that include a 20-yard cable run?

Any law California enacts us usually anti-capitalist and stupid. This one is no exception.
Actually since pet stores can't sell breeder's animals breeders should be able to have a brisk business now! I think Marxistfornia actually just helped Breeders LOL...certainly wasn't on purpose.
I nderstand where you are coming from Odium, but The State should not be in the business of fucking over ANY private business operations.

That's where I draw the line

when some scum want to get money treating all these puppies like a bank....

FUCK THEM .........................fuck all these scum may them and their family and all their love ones .... go to HELl for an Eternity..................FOR AN ETERNITY!
. Leave their demise dependent on market forces. The State should stay out of private business dealing. Too fascist for me.

Fantastic!
Anyone and everyone can get behind this new law in CA: pet stores can only sell cats and dogs from shelters!

I do free EDDMs (Every Door Direct Mail) for local animal shelters when then need volunteers to help walk the dogs and care for them while they try to find homes. So many cats and dogs that have to be put down each year. A heartbreaker.

So thank you California for starting the precedent that our pets have the right to be treated humanely and not like property or lawn furniture! The new law extends into other areas of pet ownership and breeders too!

California limits pet store sales of cats, dogs and rabbits to rescue or shelter animals only - CNN

Good goal, stupid of government to get involved.

California has bigger issues than this.

Any law California enacts us usually anti-capitalist and stupid. This one is no exception.
Actually since pet stores can't sell breeder's animals breeders should be able to have a brisk business now! I think Marxistfornia actually just helped Breeders LOL...certainly wasn't on purpose.
I nderstand where you are coming from Odium, but The State should not be in the business of fucking over ANY private business operations.
The private business operations getting fucked over are already illegal.

I don't like puppy mills or "pet stores"...everyone wants that littler dog in the window but the best dogs are the ones you save....they will return the favor over and over....
I hate heavy handed blanket laws but can live with this one....

same here,hey did you see this? Rambunctious

Breaking. Oakland has ALSO filed a lawsuit against corrupt NFL.yahoo!!!

i would think even though you dont care anymore you would want to comment on it since for once,the evil corrupt cartel is not having its way and is going to lose its ass in court.yahoo!!!

I don't like puppy mills or "pet stores"...everyone wants that littler dog in the window but the best dogs are the ones you save....they will return the favor over and over....
I hate heavy handed blanket laws but can live with this one....

same here,hey did you see this? Rambunctious

Breaking. Oakland has ALSO filed a lawsuit against corrupt NFL.yahoo!!!

i would think even though you dont care anymore you would want to comment on it since for once,the evil corrupt cartel is not having its way and is going to lose its ass in court.yahoo!!!
I actually watched the games last weekend that were televised in my area....I was on a staycation...you know.....like when you go on vacation but just stay home and eat bad stuff...drink too much....and do dumb things like watch bowl games and some NFL football...I do like the fact that no one took a knee that I could see anyway....maybe if the Raiders were to use all of those draft picks wisely I could get back into it more....my brother lives in Vegas...so who knows....Go Chucky....lmao

Good. I have never (and would never) buy a pet from a retail pet store. There are so many advantages to buying directly from breeder.

I agree. All puppies in pet stores come from Puppy Mills. Google it and see what a horror show Puppy Mills are.

All of my dogs are pound puppies and my last purebred GSD came from a reputable breeder.

My little girl was a backyard error. At least it was two poodles and I personally knew the family.

I would never buy a dog from a pet store nor from an ad in places like Craigslist or Pennysaver. I was at the vet one day when a man brought in the puppy he just bought. It had parvo.

It's so easy to find exactly what you need at the local shelter. They post pictures with information and the prices and services are reasonable.

The Loony Left has really lost it!

Retail pet stores will only be able to sell kittens, rabbits, and puppies if they come from a rescue organization after a new state law goes into effect Tuesday.

With AB 485, California becomes the first state to implement such strict new rules on pet stores. Retailers are banned from selling live dogs, cats or rabbits unless the animal was obtained from a public animal control agency or shelter, humane society group, society for the prevention of cruelty to animals shelter or a rescue group that’s in a cooperative agreement with at least one private or public shelter.

Okay, I understand that some pet retailers use inhumane methods to breed their products, but to ban all retail sales? An expected radical Leftist tactic. Use a sledge hammer when a pair of tweezers will do the job.

More w/video @ California Becomes First State to Ban Retail Sale of Dogs, Cats and Rabbits

Imagine how busy the Vets are killing all of those dogs and cats, now that they can't be sold to anyone..... the unintended consequences of left wing extremism always ends up in mass death....

Forum List

Back