California Becomes First State to Ban Retail Sale of Dogs, Cats and Rabbits

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
The Loony Left has really lost it!

Retail pet stores will only be able to sell kittens, rabbits, and puppies if they come from a rescue organization after a new state law goes into effect Tuesday.

With AB 485, California becomes the first state to implement such strict new rules on pet stores. Retailers are banned from selling live dogs, cats or rabbits unless the animal was obtained from a public animal control agency or shelter, humane society group, society for the prevention of cruelty to animals shelter or a rescue group that’s in a cooperative agreement with at least one private or public shelter.

Okay, I understand that some pet retailers use inhumane methods to breed their products, but to ban all retail sales? An expected radical Leftist tactic. Use a sledge hammer when a pair of tweezers will do the job.

More w/video @ California Becomes First State to Ban Retail Sale of Dogs, Cats and Rabbits

Retail pet stores will only be able to sell kittens, rabbits, and puppies if they come from a rescue organization after a new state law goes into effect Tuesday.

With AB 485, California becomes the first state to implement such strict new rules on pet stores. Retailers are banned from selling live dogs, cats or rabbits unless the animal was obtained from a public animal control agency or shelter, humane society group, society for the prevention of cruelty to animals shelter or a rescue group that’s in a cooperative agreement with at least one private or public shelter.

Okay, I understand that some pet retailers use inhumane methods to breed their products, but to ban all retail sales? An expected radical Leftist tactic. Use a sledge hammer when a pair of tweezers will do the job.

More w/video @ California Becomes First State to Ban Retail Sale of Dogs, Cats and Rabbits

Government. It is what the Left uses in place of common sense.

Government. It is what the Left uses in place of common sense.
I wonder if Stormy know she can not sell Pussy in Calif anymore. I guess you can sell Wild Cats, snakes, Weasels. Well when I have to flush twice I think of our government in action.

Is this California's first declaration of war on private businesses?
California has been at war with private businesses for a very long time, it's probably the most hostile environment to business in the nation.

I left in 1998 and moved to Nevada, and never looked back.

This will create a black market in dogs and cats, that's all that will be accomplished. People will break this law every day and feel no guilt, because it's a stupid law.

This will create a black market in dogs and cats, that's all that will be accomplished. People will break this law every day and feel no guilt, because it's a stupid law.

From the same article cited by the OP:
The organization sent letters to all local stores reminding them of the new law, which does not impact the sale of dogs, cats, or rabbits direct from breeders.

So....probably not.

The organization sent letters to all local stores reminding them of the new law, which does not impact the sale of dogs, cats, or rabbits direct from breeders.

So....probably not.
OK, then what is the point of this very stupid pointless law if it doesn't effect breeders.

So....probably not.
OK, then what is the point of this very stupid pointless law if it doesn't effect breeders.

To reduce the market for puppy mill'd dogs, cats and rabbits, I would guess. Here's the actual law. Have a gander.

Bill Text - AB-485 Pet store operators: dogs, cats, and rabbits.

The endgame is to outlaw all non-vegan food, even eggs and butter.

Or.....you just have no idea what you're talking about.
I know what I'm talking about, don't think you can fool me with incrementalism. I can see your whole plan.

Or.....you imagined the 'whole plan'. And have laughably convinced yourself that your imagination is knowledge.

Given that you didn't even know the details of this law until I told you, you're not laying a great groundwork for establishing your 'knowledge'.

I do have to say THIS is the first RESPONSIBLE AND ETHICAL policy to come out of a truly screwed up state, politically

It doesn’t cover private transactions or out of state purchases, as so many have mentioned the only dog you will be able to get would be a Pit Bull or a Pit mix, which, of course is RIDICULOUS!

It certainly should KILL the PUPPY MILL industry!

"California will become the first state in the U.S. to prohibit the sale of dogs, cats and rabbits in pet stores unless the animals are from a rescue organization.

The new law, titled AB 485, is an effort to crack down on puppy mills. Starting on Jan 1. 2019, California pet shops will only be allowed to sell dogs, cats, and rabbits from shelters and rescues."

Read more at time.com ...

Forum List

Back