New polls show black support for Trump surging

42% seems like an outrageous ,letā€™s say, miscalculation considering how blacks have voted historically, but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Trump is polling higher amongst blacks than other Republican presidents. Heā€™s not the ordinary president

'Awakening': Black voters 'abandoned' by Democrats warm to Trump
ā€˜Awakeningā€™: Black voters ā€˜abandonedā€™ by Democrats warm to Trump

Former NFL player Jack Brewer once raised campaign money for President Barack Obama, but now heā€™s among the increasing number of black voters who support President Trump.

ā€œThere is an awakening going on right now in the country,ā€ Mr. Brewer said of black voters who traditionally support Democrats. ā€œIā€™m going to take the guy whoā€™s actually putting in the policies that are going to make life better for my young black son and my young black daughter, versus somebody who gives me lip service ā€” like, unfortunately, the Democrats have done for our community for years.ā€

Mr. Trump and his reelection team are aggressively courting black voters amid a strong economy that has reduced black unemployment to 5.5%, lowest in history. The Trump campaign launched its ā€œBlack Voices for Trumpā€ coalition in Atlanta last month.

Updated December 3, 2019 4:30 PM

The new Emerson poll puts Trump at 35 percent with black voters and 38 percent with Hispanics. ā€œIf you add in Asian voters at 28 percent approval,ā€ notes Emersonā€™s director of polling Spencer Kimball, ā€œour number is very close to the new Marist poll,ā€ which finds Trumpā€™s approval at 33 percent among non-white voters. A recent RasmussenReports poll has Trump support among black voters at 34 percent, and even the new CNN poll has Trumpā€™s approval among non-white voters at 26 percent. Why is losing black voters by a two-to-one margin something to shout about? Because if Donald Trump came anywhere close to those numbers on Election Day, heā€™d likely win a 50-state sweep. Minority voters ā€” and black voters in particular ā€” are an absolutely vital part of the Democratic base. And they donā€™t vote for Republicans, particularly for president..........

........Democrats may be right about talk of 30 percent of black voters backing Trump being unrealistic. But if Trump gets half that support, his re-election would be all but assured. According to research reported by the Washington Post, Trumpā€™s 2016 win was aided in part by a national drop in black turnout of just 4.7 points from 2012. In the swing states, black turnout fell a modest 5.3 percent.
Are black voters who stayed home rather than back Hillary Clinton really going to turn out for a Pete Buttigieg or Liz Warren? If low unemployment and investment in education persuade just 5 percent of black voters to cast their first GOP ballot, or (more likely) stay home, how do Democrats make up for those lost votes in Detroit, Philadelphia, Charlotte and Jacksonville?
Critics can mock Trumpā€™s high-profile black supporters like Kanye, but Golden believes thatā€™s a mistake. ā€œKanye isnā€™t alone. There are more African-Americans speaking out now than at any other time I remember.ā€
Maybe just enough to re-elect Donald Trump

ME: I have a good feeling about this in 2020. This may turn out to be one of the biggest unexpected stories of the election.
'Awakening': Black voters 'abandoned' by Democrats warm to Trump
ā€˜Awakeningā€™: Black voters ā€˜abandonedā€™ by Democrats warm to Trump

Former NFL player Jack Brewer once raised campaign money for President Barack Obama, but now heā€™s among the increasing number of black voters who support President Trump.

ā€œThere is an awakening going on right now in the country,ā€ Mr. Brewer said of black voters who traditionally support Democrats. ā€œIā€™m going to take the guy whoā€™s actually putting in the policies that are going to make life better for my young black son and my young black daughter, versus somebody who gives me lip service ā€” like, unfortunately, the Democrats have done for our community for years.ā€

Mr. Trump and his reelection team are aggressively courting black voters amid a strong economy that has reduced black unemployment to 5.5%, lowest in history. The Trump campaign launched its ā€œBlack Voices for Trumpā€ coalition in Atlanta last month.

Let me know when blacks have 13 percent of the wealth, 13 percent of the businesses and business receipts, unemployment equal to whites and poverty equal to whites. If trump accomplishes these things in this term, I am going to support him. But running his mouth off about how great he has done for blacks when we have double the unemployment, 1/5 of the wealth we should have, earn less income regardless of educational attainment,and double the rate of poverty, no.

I didn't think Obama did enough, so you can forget about trump.

You are correct that Obama did not do enough. Trump put more jobs, take home pay, and small business resources towards Blacks. Obama put more food stamps and cell phones for Blacks.

If Trump can even pull 10% of the black vote, it will mean a lot in the general.

It still comes down to battleground states.

Itā€™s all about Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania.

Trump wins those, he wins.

Cali and NY are obviously a lost cause. Every black in Cali could vote for Trump in Cali and a I doubt he would win.

If Trump can even pull 10% of the black vote, it will mean a lot in the general.

It still comes down to battleground states.

Itā€™s all about Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania.

Trump wins those, he wins.

Cali and NY are obviously a lost cause. Every black in Cali could vote for Trump in Cali and a I doubt he would win.

Analysts say that if the GOP ever gets a solid 20% black following, like blacks who always vote GOP the way the vote Democrat now, then thats the end of the Dem party.

$_57.JPG

So you are one of the Democratic Party's 'House Negroes', one that happily works for the 'Massah' and calls any blacks that dare to think and choose for themselves 'Uncle Toms'.

Thanks for the insight...

Some things never change. Democrats scream at a black girl in 1957, and Leftist Democrats scream at Candace Owens (black girl in glasses) in 2018. They will always be the party of hate.

I have a hard time taking any polls seriously nowadays. I hope they are correct though. It is about time that the black America start to realize that democrat policy is detrimental to them.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I have a hard time taking any polls seriously nowadays. I hope they are correct though. It is about time that the black America start to realize that democrat policy is detrimental to them.

Some are and some aren't. All you can do is use your best judgement.

Forum List

Back