Darwin destroyed in new book

I can see you're getting quite angry as your attempt to sidestep and deflect has failed.

You refuse learn even the most basic concepts of biological evolution, yet, here you are, furiously arguing against what you don't understand

Your attempts at argument here are actually rather silly as you have been given relevant examples of speciation previously.

Your angry and emotive response here are simply an attempt to reinforce your ignorance about matters you refuse to investigate.

Obviously, the facts of evolution have been demonstrated. Those facts have been conveyed to you. You choose to fall to the floor while kicking and stomping your feet in denial.
Please continue to vent on this thread. It can be therapeutic.

Every time I allow an angry armchair evolutionary biologist to throw a tantrum on a thread of mine instead of taking it out on a loved one, I think “well, that’s one puppy who won’t be getting kicked today.”

Please continue to vent on this thread. It can be therapeutic.

Every time I allow an angry armchair evolutionary biologist to throw a tantrum on a thread of mine instead of taking it out on a loved one, I think “well, that’s one puppy who won’t be getting kicked today.”

That was quite the tantrum.

Aside from that tirade, you offered nothing to refute the fact of biological evolution. The data supporting biological evolution to include fossil evidence as it exists along with the supporting disciplines of biology, chemistry, earth science, etc., have been fully adequate to present a confirming case regarding the fsct of biological evolution, and stands as a major line of evidence for the theory of common descent. Anti-evolutionary critics (almost exclusively fundamentalist religionists), should take some time to explain why this should be so, given that paleontologists and biologists subscribe to many different religious beliefs.

That was quite the tantrum.

Aside from that tirade, you offered nothing to refute the fact of biological evolution. The data supporting biological evolution to include fossil evidence as it exists along with the supporting disciplines of biology, chemistry, earth science, etc., have been fully adequate to present a confirming case regarding the fsct of biological evolution, and stands as a major line of evidence for the theory of common descent. Anti-evolutionary critics (almost exclusively fundamentalist religionists), should take some time to explain why this should be so, given that paleontologists and biologists subscribe to many different religious beliefs.
Please describe the event that caused the formation of the common ancestor from which all organisms on Earth descend.

Please describe the event that caused the formation of the common ancestor from which all organisms on Earth descend.

The term that you're confused about is called abiogenesis.

Biological evolution is a separate and distinct study.

Please describe which gods supernaturally "poofed" all of existence.

I agree ... humans are ill-formed rodents ... birds, you know, FLY ...

300,000,000 years of additional evolution ... humans just smell bad, and taste worse ... but we are proud aren't we hahahahahahahaha ...
Sounds more like devolution.
But thank you for confirming proof of speciation ... Hollie has been right this whole time, glad you agree now ...
If by “right” you mean “dodging all questions, she certainly has been.

Sounds more like devolution.

If by “right” you mean “dodging all questions, she certainly has been.
You really are suffering from hurt feelings.

You make the mistake of getting infuriated that anyone would challenge your extremist religious beliefs.

The term that you're confused about is called abiogenesis.

Biological evolution is a separate and distinct study.
They are not. You may wish to separate them for rhetorical convenience, but evolution must either start with abiogenesis or life must have always existed.

If you cannot describe the common ancestor, how do you know it was a single ancestor and not several common ancestors?
Please describe which gods supernaturally "poofed" all of existence.
No need, since I haven’t made that claim.

They are not. You may wish to separate them for rhetorical convenience, but evolution must either start with abiogenesis or life must have always existed.

If you cannot describe the common ancestor, how do you know it was a single ancestor and not several common ancestors?

No need, since I haven’t made that claim.
Evolution would start after abiogenesis. Evolution is defined as change in populations over time. Your anger and frustration derives from not understanding some very basic terms and definitions.

You can insist that evolution and abiogenesis are not separate processes but your, "because I say so", claims are out of ignorance.

What is the proof that it was natural selection that drove the evolution in Bullock’s oriole?

If you are Hollie’s sock, you are slipping.

Strawman already? ... read my post again ... I said it was geology ... the 100 million year process of uplifting the entire Rocky Mountain Range ...

Holley doesn't argue taxons ... nor geology ... as a Christian, I'm commanded to NOT wage war with her ... that's not a sock-puppet, it's being a good Christian ... ToE is used to feed the multitude, and God smiles upon this ... so shouldn't we be smiling as well? ...

Strawman already? ... read my post again ... I said it was geology ... the 100 million year process of uplifting the entire Rocky Mountain Range ...
This thread is about Darwin who wrote a book promising to soon provide evidence of speciation via natural selection.
Holley doesn't argue taxons ... nor geology ... as a Christian, I'm commanded to NOT wage war with her ... that's not a sock-puppet, it's being a good Christian ... ToE is used to feed the multitude, and God smiles upon this ... so shouldn't we be smiling as well? ...
Good. Stick with random babbling, then, and leave off defending Holleys lack of answers.

Why do so many people spend so much effort attacking Darwin? Do they think that would invalidate evolution? He was a just a man who got many things wrong and one thing right. The wrongs won't negate the right and that is that all life came from a common ancestor. Darwin just gave a natural mechanism that could be studied.
I would say his arguments are wrongfully used to justify immoral might makes right behavior, and a general demoralization of humanity.

Evolution would start after abiogenesis. Evolution is defined as change in populations over time. Your anger and frustration derives from not understanding some very basic terms and definitions.

You can insist that evolution and abiogenesis are not separate processes but your, "because I say so", claims are out of ignorance.
So to recap your position. You have no evidence of Darwinism, but you believe it and insult those who do not.

That’s religion, not science.

This thread is about Darwin who wrote a book promising to soon provide evidence of speciation via natural selection.

Good. Stick with random babbling, then, and leave off defending Holleys lack of answers.
What lack of answers? You have made any numbers of false claims and nonsense assumptions about evolutionary biology and those have been addressed.

Provide the exact citation where,
Darwin wrote a book promising to soon provide evidence of speciation via natural selection.

Interesting.

What is the something that evolved into a yeast cell? Is it the same as what is evolving into a yeast cell today?

Is that an assumption, or has that been observed?

Yeast cells have been created from scratch in the laboratory, mimicking and even surpassing biological evolution.

J Craig Venter Institute in San Diego created a brand new hitberto unknown yeast 'species' using cassettes of synthetic DNA. They injected the DNA into a lab-created "minimal cell" consisting of about 80 proteins inside a cell membrane. The cell was subsequently able to reproduce and gain biological function through natural evolution.

So the process of life arrising out of non-life happened multiple times on Earth, and keeps happening? That seems a better assumption than the single common ancestor theory that we are told to accept. Now all we need is some evidence that such a thing happened, or ever could happen.

There are 80 million pieces of evidence from 18 converging lines of scientific inquiry.

Psychology developed into an experimental science post-Freud. If Darwininian evolution is poised to do the same, I'd recommend they get on with it.

Way ahead of you. :)

So to recap your position. You have no evidence of Darwinism, but you believe it and insult those who do not.

That’s religion, not science.
So to recap your false claims, the evidence for evolutionary biology has been confirmed. You choose to ignore the vast evidence for evolutionary processes and change over time in biological organisms. You wish to somehow denigrate the conceptual and factual status of biological evolution, and yet can not do so using denial and sidestepping.

The fact is, common descent predicts a pattern of nested hierarchy , or groups within groups. Consistent with the prediction, we see those arrangement in unique, consistent, well-defined hierarchies, the so-called tree of life. Fossil animals fit in the same hierarchical tree of life. We find cases of transitional forms in the fossil record.

Yeast cells have been created from scratch in the laboratory, mimicking and even surpassing biological evolution.

J Craig Venter Institute in San Diego created a brand new hitberto unknown yeast 'species' using cassettes of synthetic DNA. They injected the DNA into a lab-created "minimal cell" consisting of about 80 proteins inside a cell membrane. The cell was subsequently able to reproduce and gain biological function through natural evolution.
A very intelligently designed effort. Has all yeast evolution been driven by such intelligent design? If not, what has driven it that we can observe today?
There are 80 million pieces of evidence from 18 converging lines of scientific inquiry.
But . . . You cannot show a single one?
Way ahead of you. :)
Really?

What are some of the experiments that have tested Darwin‘s theory?

Forum List

Back