Nato has been quietly surrounding Russia with medium range missile batteries....what did you think was going to happen?

I think you are confusing the former Soviet Regime which is now gone with the current one. Putin cannot actually afford to go to war but that's not what he's doing.....if you look honestly at the situation NATO has forced Russian to defend itself and THAT"s what they are doing. I am aware of what Putin is....but I am also aware of what NATO used to be and what it has become......
You have a short memory. Russia has invaded both Georgia and Ukraine seizing portions of both countries. Putin's excuses are a joke, ethnic Russian minorities or territory that once belonged to Russia. Russia bear hasn't changed its spots to desecrate a metaphor.
I think you are confusing the former Soviet Regime which is now gone with the current one. Putin cannot actually afford to go to war but that's not what he's doing.....if you look honestly at the situation NATO has forced Russian to defend itself and THAT"s what they are doing. I am aware of what Putin is....but I am also aware of what NATO used to be and what it has become......

Additionally there is a large population in Ukraine that are Russian Nationals that are not against reunifying with Russia. Putin is not Stalin...that doesn't make him an Angel but he is still not Stalin. If Ukraine continues on this way they will need protection from the mineral rapists who are waiting to swoop in and plunder the place with no regard for the welfare of the citizens. If NATO de-escalates Putin will also IMO.....with a sigh of relief to boot.

JO
If they are Russian nationals, they aren't Ukranians. Sorry, that excuse won't fly. The US can't invade and annex Mexico or Costa Rico because American citizens live there.

Ukraine is a sham set up by political subterfuge, assassination and foreign greed for its mineral resources.....left to its own device they would naturally gravitate back to Russia....but it has not be left to its own device. Not that Russia is not also equally guilty of such things....that however does nothing to convince me that the US has any business there at all and especially not if your talking about our soldiers. Fuck the bankers...let them send in their own kids if they want that land so badly.
Show me one country that was either dominated or occupied by the Soviets that wants the Russians back. Hell, most of the areas still occupied by the Russians want to get away.

If they are Russian nationals, they aren't Ukranians. Sorry, that excuse won't fly. The US can't invade and annex Mexico or Costa Rico because American citizens live there.
Fair point....but actually irrelevant.

It is so fascinating to see the on the ground effects on Americans of Putin's propaganda apparatus. We literally have millions of idiot Americans blaming Biden and the West for Putin's aggression. Amazing.
It's amazing anyone who's been paying attention to what Putin has been saying for the last 15 years is fascinated by the consequences of crossing his red line in Ukraine.
The-enlargement-of-NATO-1949-2018_cropped_3x2.png

Biden and Victoria Nuland and other US war-whores are directly responsible for Putin's war of aggression in Ukraine:

What you should really know about Ukraine | MR Online

"On February 6, 2014, as the anti-government protests were intensifying, an anonymous party (assumed by many to be Russia) leaked a call between Assistant Secretary of State Nuland and U.S. ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt.

"The two officials discussed which opposition officials would staff a prospective new government, agreeing that Arseniy Yatsenyuk—Nuland referred to him by the nickname 'Yats'—should be in charge. It was also agreed that someone 'high profile' be brought in to push things along.

"That someone was Joe Biden."

If China suddenly annexed California and started to set up medium range land rocketry....do you think we would just sit idly by and do nothing? Nato is looking at Ukraine for a number or reasons the least of which is the false claim of protecting democracy. Ukraine is relatively rich in natural resources, particularly in mineral deposits. Although oil and natural gas reserves in the country are largely exhausted, it has other important energy sources, such as coal, hydroelectricity and nuclear-fuel raw materials. This all spells power and influence to whoever controls it and the European Bankers who drive the wars and the politics of that region are well aware of it. Once within their grasp those resources will do nothing at all for the people who live there and everything for the greedy little pocketbooks of the financial rapists who seek to absorb it under the pretext of white knight chivalry....what a joke. Additionally NATO...not content to simply abide by their original non aggress on agreement has been actively proselytizing in that region and using covert and even lethal means to sculpt the poultices of the area to their own liking in an attempt to conquer it from within. The interests of the People of Ukraine will be better served if their nation is protected from the financial vampires who are targeting them right now. Sure....Russia is not a democracy....but if the Ukrainians think for one foolish moment that NATO is offering them that. They need to think again....it is not.

JO
You should post a map.i don't see how Ukraine could possibly surround Russia.

You should post a map.i don't see how Ukraine could possibly surround Russia.
It doesn't of course.... My point is that we don't really have any equivalent in American politics to describe the type of relationship that exists between Russia and Ukraine. I chose California because it is closest to China just to make the point we certainly would not stand idly by while a hostile entity developed military assets in California. I'm not sure why the rest of the world expects Putin to sit on his hands while lethal rocket systems are being installed all along his border with NATO countries. In fact I'm quite sure that the NATO logisticians understood exactly what they were doing as they were pushing his buttons.

Jo

It is so fascinating to see the on the ground effects on Americans of Putin's propaganda apparatus. We literally have millions of idiot Americans blaming Biden and the West for Putin's aggression. Amazing.
Guilt by association is never a good way to go.... However there little question in my mind that NATO knew exactly what would get a response from Putin..... And then it would likely be a military one.

It doesn't of course.... My point is that we don't really have any equivalent in American politics to describe the type of relationship that exists between Russia and Ukraine. I chose California because it is closest to China just to make the point we certainly would not stand idly by while a hostile entity developed military assets in California. I'm not sure why the rest of the world expects Putin to sit on his hands while lethal rocket systems are being installed all along his border with NATO countries. In fact I'm quite sure that the NATO logisticians understood exactly what they were doing as they were pushing his buttons.

Jo
Ukraine has been an independent country since 1991?

I think everyone is forgetting about when Boris Yeltsin invaded Afghanistan during the Carter Administration.

The key ingredient of social media didn't exist at the time. This time it does. And Putin has been waging a social media campaign since before Covid. It really kicked into high gear before the last election so that we wouldn't wear masks, wouldn't get vaccinated but would vote for Biden.

Today it's "Russia is justified in taking back what is theirs"

But what is Russia going to gain by invading Ukraine?
What are they going to lose?
Russian soldiers are apparently rusty as they are indiscriminately hitting civilian targets. (Children's hospital)

This has fired up militia.... civilians picking up rifles to defend their communities.
This is going to go just like Russia's invasion of Afghanistan...a civilian population that is in conflict with the occupation. Non-stop guerilla warfare.
It's not a policing action...it's warfare and a population that is smart and angered by the invading army. The Russian narrative is lie. Sure Russia can ride around in armoured personnell carriers...but they gotta climb out at some point.
I don't think that Russia thought this through very carefully. Putin's thoughts likely were "The world needs Russian Oil so they have to buy it".
But never once thinking that the currency it will be purchased with may be manipulated to being worthless. And the Ruble is falling. If the Ruble only has value inside of Russia because nobody buys anything besides oil...

One hit to a few pipelines and it's game over for Russia.

And also clearly part of the no interference zone that was originally agreed to in the compacts immediately following world war II.
Something has changed and I'm pretty sure we don't have all the details.

I think everyone is forgetting about when Boris Yeltsin invaded Afghanistan during the Carter Administration.

The key ingredient of social media didn't exist at the time. This time it does. And Putin has been waging a social media campaign since before Covid. It really kicked into high gear before the last election so that we wouldn't wear masks, wouldn't get vaccinated but would vote for Biden.

Today it's "Russia is justified in taking back what is theirs"

But what is Russia going to gain by invading Ukraine?
What are they going to lose?
Russian soldiers are apparently rusty as they are indiscriminately hitting civilian targets. (Children's hospital)

This has fired up militia.... civilians picking up rifles to defend their communities.
This is going to go just like Russia's invasion of Afghanistan...a civilian population that is in conflict with the occupation. Non-stop guerilla warfare.
It's not a policing action...it's warfare and a population that is smart and angered by the invading army. The Russian narrative is lie. Sure Russia can ride around in armoured personnell carriers...but they gotta climb out at some point.
I don't think that Russia thought this through very carefully. Putin's thoughts likely were "The world needs Russian Oil so they have to buy it".
But never once thinking that the currency it will be purchased with may be manipulated to being worthless. And the Ruble is falling. If the Ruble only has value inside of Russia because nobody buys anything besides oil...

One hit to a few pipelines and it's game over for Russia.
Whether it is justified or unjustified is not for me to say. However there is no question that NATO has been developing a military noose of land-based rocketry around Russia. NATO has morphed from being a defensive pact into an ambitious expansionist agency that has a budget, salaries to pay and desires of its own. There's little question that they have been tampering with Ukrainian politics and looking for a way in to set up even more military assets on the border of Russia.

I'm not going to comment on whether or not this is a good idea only that it was predictable that Putin would respond to it.

Whether it is justified or unjustified is not for me to say. However there is no question that NATO has been developing a military noose of land-based rocketry around Russia. NATO has morphed from being a defensive pact into an ambitious expansionist agency that has a budget, salaries to pay and desires of its own. There's little question that they have been tampering with Ukrainian politics and looking for a way in to set up even more military assets on the border of Russia.

I'm not going to comment on whether or not this is a good idea only that it was predictable that Putin would respond to it.
Fuck a bunch of Russian stooges

Fuck Putin

Ukraine didn't want armaments on their borders with anyone...they gave up ALL nuclear weapons. They are the only former Soviet nation to do so. That was their major beef with joining NATO. So exclusions were made to allow that to happen. That's why Putin invaded...Ukraine couldn't defend itself but it was joining the EU and NATO.
This morning reports are all over the place as the Ruble is completely unstable. Putin raised key interest rate 20% to try and stabilize the worthless Ruble. There's a run on Russian banks inside Russia and a rush to dump all Russian equities and financial instruments everywhere.

Russia is currently trying to dump all its gold to shore up cash reserves as the whole world currently is dumping on Russia.

Forum List

Back