More "conservatism"?

When are folks gonna get it? Libertarianism is the only logical way forward. In the end, both Neo-Conservatism and Communism/Progressivism take you to Totalitarianism. The only 'ism' worth fighting for at this point, is Libertarianism.
So what are you going to do?

Fuck the states and state's rights, it is all about the Fed Govt. When did conservatives quit caring about states rights?

U.S. to End Policy That Let Legal Pot Flourish, Report Says

I was ok with sessions up until this. Not only does it show he hasn’t actually looked into the issue, it’s just showing how old and out of touch he is on the issue. I believe most republicans don’t really have much of an objection to legalization and decriminalization, of not they have certainly be quickly trending that way.

If you think pot should be illegal...then by that metric alcohol definitely needs to be illegal. Alcohol is so much more addictive, deadly, harmful to body, inhibiting of judgement, and has fucked up so many countless lives and left so many more victims in its wake of both those who abuse it and the ones they effect... AND probably is the grandaddy of all “gateway” drugs...there’s no question about it that alcohol needs to be illegal as well, if that’s your metric. Which is a stupid argument, especially in a supposedly free society. If you honestly and objectively look at the argument for legalizing pot (outside of the clear constitutional violation of prohibiting it in the first place), there is no doubt it’s way less harmful than alcohol (and even very helpful to select people, although it’s not this blanket “miracle” drug that fixes everything as some make it out to be).

I agree, Sessions is old and way out of touch. The Republicans are really blowing it on this issue. Marijuana should be decriminalized as soon as possible. No one should be arrested and thrown in a cage for using it. That's absolutely barbaric.

The Democrats will actually make big gains from this issue. They appear more in touch with the current reality. Personally, i've been around both Marijuana users and drunks on many occasions. And i'll take the Marijuana user over the drunk every time. We need to move on past this issue. Just decriminalize it, and be done with it.

You and I agree 100% on this topic. Pot is legal in some form in 29 states that covers about 60% of the population. So society has already decided that it's harmless. At this point, the only reasons anyone would be against ending prohibition is if they personally profit from private prisons, or they hate people of color, or both.

Yeah, time to move on. Decriminalize it and be done with it. The Republicans are woefully out of touch on this issue. Democrats will make gains on just this issue alone.

When are folks gonna get it? Libertarianism is the only logical way forward. In the end, both Neo-Conservatism and Communism/Progressivism take you to Totalitarianism. The only 'ism' worth fighting for at this point, is Libertarianism.

I'm gonna continue fighting for the only 'ism' worth fighting for. Libertarianism is all we have left in preserving our freedom & liberty. If you're still counting on Neo-Conservatism and Communism/Progressivism to do that, you're sadly misguided. Both only take you to absolute Government domination of Citizens' lives. Libertarianism is all we have left. That's how i feel anyway.

I'm gonna continue fighting for the only 'ism' worth fighting for. Libertarianism is all we have left in preserving our freedom & liberty. If you're still counting on Neo-Conservatism and Communism/Progressivism to do that, you're sadly misguided. Both only take you to absolute Government domination of Citizens' lives. Libertarianism is all we have left. That's how i feel anyway.
We can keep seeing how well that is working. Past 8 years of a 1/2 white community agitator and the country almost was fundamentally transformed into a 3rd world nation. Instead of 4 more years of that bullshit, the American voters decided to kick the crooked Hitlery to the curb and vote in a guy who wants to Make America Great Again, and is doing it, 1 step at a time. Again I ask, what are you going to do? Stop talking the talk and walk the walk...

Fuck the states and state's rights, it is all about the Fed Govt. When did conservatives quit caring about states rights?

I was ok with sessions up until this. Not only does it show he hasn’t actually looked into the issue, it’s just showing how old and out of touch he is on the issue. I believe most republicans don’t really have much of an objection to legalization and decriminalization, of not they have certainly be quickly trending that way.

If you think pot should be illegal...then by that metric alcohol definitely needs to be illegal. Alcohol is so much more addictive, deadly, harmful to body, inhibiting of judgement, and has fucked up so many countless lives and left so many more victims in its wake of both those who abuse it and the ones they effect... AND probably is the grandaddy of all “gateway” drugs...there’s no question about it that alcohol needs to be illegal as well, if that’s your metric. Which is a stupid argument, especially in a supposedly free society. If you honestly and objectively look at the argument for legalizing pot (outside of the clear constitutional violation of prohibiting it in the first place), there is no doubt it’s way less harmful than alcohol (and even very helpful to select people, although it’s not this blanket “miracle” drug that fixes everything as some make it out to be).

I agree, Sessions is old and way out of touch. The Republicans are really blowing it on this issue. Marijuana should be decriminalized as soon as possible. No one should be arrested and thrown in a cage for using it. That's absolutely barbaric.

The Democrats will actually make big gains from this issue. They appear more in touch with the current reality. Personally, i've been around both Marijuana users and drunks on many occasions. And i'll take the Marijuana user over the drunk every time. We need to move on past this issue. Just decriminalize it, and be done with it.

You and I agree 100% on this topic. Pot is legal in some form in 29 states that covers about 60% of the population. So society has already decided that it's harmless. At this point, the only reasons anyone would be against ending prohibition is if they personally profit from private prisons, or they hate people of color, or both.
That’s a stretch that would probably rip stretch Armstrong’s arm off. Or what’s vastly more likely, sessions being an old prosecutor, who grew up always being taught pot is dangerous, harmful to kids, makes kids waste their life instead of caring about education and working hard, doesn’t think it should be legal...like a large majority of the people his age.

That’s a stretch that would probably rip stretch Armstrong’s arm off. Or what’s vastly more likely, sessions being an old prosecutor, who grew up always being taught pot is dangerous, harmful to kids, makes kids waste their life instead of caring about education and working hard, doesn’t think it should be legal...like a large majority of the people his age.

The majority of Baby Boomers support legalizing marijuana. They're the ones who started the push to legalize marijuana in the 1960's.

Sessions isn't a product of his age, he's a product of his environment, which was Jim Crow and Post-Jim Crow Alabama. So he was taught by racist, bigoted, Christian assholes that no one cares for today.

I totally agree with you on this being a states' rights issue, but it worries me to have any democrats making that argument alongside me. When democrats have largely stated, flat out, that the 10th Amendment is the slavery amendment and to support it is to support white supremacy, it scares me to then see them champion it. If I believed it to be a racist amendment, I wouldn't try and use it as political leverage, I would simply be a proponent of its removal. So I think about what it potentially implies about someone when they champion a thing when they were just recently declaring that championing that thing made one a white supremacist, and then I wonder. . . maybe the democrats are right when they claim there's a huge resurgence in the KKK. Maybe they know something that I don't. . .

I totally agree with you on this being a states' rights issue, but it worries me to have any democrats making that argument alongside me. When democrats have largely stated, flat out, that the 10th Amendment is the slavery amendment and to support it is to support white supremacy, it scares me to then see them champion it. If I believed it to be a racist amendment, I wouldn't try and use it as political leverage, I would simply be a proponent of its removal. So I think about what it potentially implies about someone when they champion a thing when they were just recently declaring that championing that thing made one a white supremacist, and then I wonder. . . maybe the democrats are right when they claim there's a huge resurgence in the KKK. Maybe they know something that I don't. . .

It's not a states' rights issue...it's a federal issue and we need to reclassify the drug. That's all.

It's a federal issue because the banks that would do the lending to these pot businesses are subject to federal laws. So if there's federal prohibition against pot, and loaning to a pot company could be construed as money laundering, then banks aren't going to make loans, and these businesses aren't going to thrive.

So that's why state repeal of prohibitions are nice, but not the solution.

The majority of Baby Boomers support legalizing marijuana. They're the ones who started the push to legalize marijuana in the 1960's.

Sessions isn't a product of his age, he's a product of his environment, which was Jim Crow and Post-Jim Crow Alabama. So he was taught by racist, bigoted, Christian assholes that no one cares for today.
Fine like what used to be a majority up until a couple years ago...he’s now in the just barely minority.

And what you just said would be like me saying Mexicans are a product of their region, crime, corruption, and cartels...just the outrageous leaps and generalizations you people make...I guess bliss really is ignorance.

It's not a states' rights issue...it's a federal issue and we need to reclassify the drug. That's all.

It's a federal issue because the banks that would do the lending to these pot businesses are subject to federal laws. So if there's federal prohibition against pot, and loaning to a pot company could be construed as money laundering, then banks aren't going to make loans, and these businesses aren't going to thrive.

You're not really disputing me, here. I get that it's technically a Federal issue because the Federal Government, right or wrong, has made it their issue, I just think that any interpretation of the Commerce Clause that allows the Federal Government to go as far as a nationwide substance ban is an interpretation that implies that said clause gives them absolute power over all economic activity and renders the 10th Amendment impotent, and is thus a bullshit interpretation.

In short, I'm not saying that the feds aren't doing what they're obviously doing, I'm saying that they're not supposed to be doing it.

Fine like what used to be a majority up until a couple years ago...he’s now in the just barely minority.

The majority of people had the same beliefs as Sessions just a couple years ago? No. That's bullshit and I call bullshit to that.

And what you just said would be like me saying Mexicans are a product of their region, crime, corruption, and cartels...just the outrageous leaps and generalizations you people make...I guess bliss really is ignorance.

How would that be the same? I'm talking one individual, you're talking an entire group of people.

So this is the game of "Conservative Equivalence", which is what happens when you get so frustrated because no one likes your bullshit, racist, bigoted beliefs, that you try to impugn people because you think it might get a rise out of me. It doesn't. It makes me pity you for being so desperate.

You're not really disputing me, here. I get that it's technically a Federal issue because the Federal Government, right or wrong, has made it their issue, I just think that any interpretation of the Commerce Clause that allows the Federal Government to go as far as a nationwide substance ban is an interpretation that implies that said clause gives them absolute power over all economic activity and renders the 10th Amendment impotent, and is thus a bullshit interpretation.

In short, I'm not saying that the feds aren't doing what they're obviously doing, I'm saying that they're not supposed to be doing it.

Look, I think that part of the debate is the sideshow. It's under federal prohibition, and you can try and make the case that the 10th Amendment supersedes that, but it's not a case you're highly likely to win and one with so many shades of gray to it.

I think instead of talking about the states' rights thing, we should just focus instead on the federal classification...because that is a simpler debate with no nuance; pot isn't more dangerous than alcohol, tobacco, or sugar. So it shouldn't be classified as such. Easy. Simple. Indisputable.

Please allow more drugs to flow in the United States, just like letting Abortion on demand continue. Soon all those petulant, miserable, wretched, liberals will have committed self suicide by OD along with no future Democrat voters and soon the world will be free of the cancer called "Liberalism"..

Liberalism-14377344077-485x387.jpeg
We have mood-altering alcohol already. Why this excitement about a plant that is smoked rather than ingested as a liquid?
Why bring the termination of pregnancies into the picture, anyway? All medical procedures are "on demand" except when the patient is flat out unresponsive in the emergency room. Every medical procedure that I have ever undergone has been "on demand," from tooth extractions to having my stomach moved to cure a hiatal hernia. Do you think that some board, comprised of who-knows-what people possessing just exactly what credentials, should have decided for me whether I could, or couldn't, have these procedures performed on my body?

we could ban alcohol, but there is no contact buzz with it......that's one major difference

It was tried, and Prohibition failed. Abortions will still occur if outlawed, Pot will still be smoked/ingested if outlawed, and Guns will still be owned if outlawed.

Thus, regulation seems to be the best solution to these and other wedge issues.

ok, this is the problem with the left.....you guys want it all removed...that is impossible...I'm not saying it will eliminate it entirely.
But we shouldn't sanction abortion and if we can prosecute the offenders....just like drugs ect....

now for pot. I think people should be fined........id save jail for harder drugs......ones that make people psychotic.

"you guys want it all removed"? I don't know what you mean.

Look, I think that part of the debate is the sideshow. It's under federal prohibition, and you can try and make the case that the 10th Amendment supersedes that, but it's not a case you're highly likely to win and one with so many shades of gray to it.

I think instead of talking about the states' rights thing, we should just focus instead on the federal classification...because that is a simpler debate with no nuance; pot isn't more dangerous than alcohol, tobacco, or sugar. So it shouldn't be classified as such. Easy. Simple. Indisputable.

I can understand your reasoning, but I wasn't making the point that a political push should be rallied around the 10th amendment. I was simply stating that I agree wholeheartedly with the states rights argument.

Good points, though. You're absolutely right that informing people who are being unlawful dicks that they are, in fact, being unlawful dicks, particularly when they've already declared their dick'ness to be perfectly lawful, probably isn't going to prompt a change in behavior. Definitely more likely to be fruitful if you can beat them on the field they've chosen.

0333AE0C-8AA7-4566-A951-21FABC78D790.jpeg
The substance is illegal on the Federal Level. Until and unless it is removed from Federal regulations, the States have no say in this issue. It's nice to see an Administration reminding the States that they do not have the ability to ignore Federal laws without consequences. Especially on Moral issues like drugs.
Why are you ok with the govt telling people they cant consume, or possess, a flower?

Stoners aren’t nearly as productive as non stoners. Marijuana itself perpetuates a lower grade society.
The last thing this nation needs is more unproductive people and another substance as the catalyst.

Longtime marijuana use might make you a loser
The report is loaded with statistics. Here’s one set: 52% of middle-class frequent marijuana users “experienced downward mobility” compared to only 14% of non-users. Conversely: 33% of non-users moved up the socioeconomic ladder, but just 7% of habitual users did.”
Longtime marijuana use might make you a loser
Stick it up your ass.

We can keep seeing how well that is working. Past 8 years of a 1/2 white community agitator and the country almost was fundamentally transformed into a 3rd world nation. Instead of 4 more years of that bullshit, the American voters decided to kick the crooked Hitlery to the curb and vote in a guy who wants to Make America Great Again, and is doing it, 1 step at a time. Again I ask, what are you going to do? Stop talking the talk and walk the walk...

I'm a Trump supporter. He's giving the Globalist assholes hell. He's daring to put Americans first again. I'm grateful he won. Clinton would have been the final blow to our nation. She would have been a NWO Globalist Puppet, like Hussein was. I cringe at the thought of her appointing Supreme Court Justices. It would have been the end of our nation. NWO Globalists want to destroy our Constitution. They want their New World Order.

That being said, it looks like Trump is allowing the Neocons in his Administration to take over and run the show. And that's not good. Things won't end well. Neocons are NWO Globalists too. They don't care about American Citizens. They're incredibly greedy and destructive. They'll kill Trump's Presidency. I truly hope he keeps em in check. And as far as what i'm gonna do, i'll continue to help thwart the NWO Globalists every chance i get. I'll continue fighting to preserve our freedom & liberty. And at this point, Libertarianism is the only 'ism' that can accomplish that. I'm gonna support Libertarians the best i can. That's what i'm gonna do.

It's old white puritanical thinking. Sessions is way out of touch. This issue is gonna hurt the Republicans down the road. The Democrats do seem to be more in touch on this. They're gonna make big gains as a result. Republicans should be fighting for individual freedom & liberty. They should be fighting for less Government interference in Citizens' lives. But sadly, the Party's allowed the Neocons to seize control.

Neo-Conservatives are just as much for Big Government as the Communists/Progressives are. Most of them tend to be religious zealots as well. And i just don't trust those folks. The Party should be erring on the side of individual freedom & liberty. If an adult makes the decision to partake in Marijuana, so be it. That's their call. It's not a Government issue. No one should be arrested and thrown in a cage for it. That's so archaic and barbaric. Republicans really should rethink supporting old white puritanical Neocons on this. It's a losing position long-term.

Funny how lefties always come out on the side of pot heads. Conservatives advocate states rights but they also respect the power of the federal government. Apparently the radical left respects neither.

Funny how lefties always come out on the side of pot heads. Conservatives advocate states rights but they also respect the power of the federal government. Apparently the radical left respects neither.

I consider myself a Conservative/Libertarian. I'm also a Trump supporter. And the Republicans are wrong on this one. They should be fighting for individual freedom & liberty. They should be fighting for less Government interference in Citizens' lives. But sadly, today's Republican Party is controlled by old white puritanical Neo-Conservatives.

There are very few in the GOP truly fighting for individual freedom & liberty. Republicans are gonna lose on this issue long-term. Meanwhile, Democrats will make big gains. They do seem to be more in touch with the current reality. If an adult decides to partake in Marijuana, so be it. It's an adult decision. Government should stay out of it. That's the position Republicans should be holding. They need to get past the old white puritanical Neocon thinking.

Forum List

Back