76.3% of statistics are made up on the spot, or in Trump's case, 154.78%

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014

"Trump, the presumptive GOP nominee, ended an interview with Fox 2 Detroit anchor Roop Raj by saying: “One stat before we go. Venezuela was very crime-ridden. They announced the other day 72% reduction in crime in the last year. You know why? They moved all their criminals from Venezuela right into the good old U.S.A. and [President Joe] Biden let them do it. It’s a disgrace.”"

So, Trump made a claim about the Venezuelan govt announcing a 72% reduction in crime.

Raj asked Trump, “But sir, where are those numbers coming from?”

So Trump's response??

"“Uhhh, I guess I get them from the papers in this case."

He thinks he got them from the papers. He doesn't even know.

Then he changes his mind.

" I think it’s a federal statement or, well, they’re coming actually from Venezuela. They’re coming from Venezuela.”"
On April 2nd the actual number he made up was: 67%

"“Crime is down in Venezuela by 67% because they’re taking their gangs and their criminals and depositing them very nicely into the United States,” he told supporters at a rally in Green Bay, Wisconsin, only on Apr. 2."

Firstly, crime stats for Venezuela come from the Venezuelan govt, which isn't that honest when it comes to stats.

Secondly the story that Venezuela is emptying prisons and encouraging them to go in caravans to the US is, a bet just made up.

"However, it cites only one article, from the politically conservative website Breitbart News. A Fox News story about this DHS report cites the same Breitbart article."

One article, from Breitbart, which is in itself a load of crap, and then everyone feeds off this one article, not caring whether it's true or not. The Fox article says:

"
The letter notes that there have been over 130,000 encounters with Venezuelan migrants between Oct. 2021 and July 2022.

In August, there were 55,333 unique encounters from Venezuela, Cuba and Nicaragua, a 175% increase over last year."

So, Venezuelans are coming, but it doesn't say they're the criminals being released and deliberately being sent that way.

So they take one thing "There are Venezuelans trying to get into the US" and they turn it into "criminals coming because they've been released and told to make their way to the US"

Welcome to the world of "I'll say anything to get to be President" Trump.

"Trump, the presumptive GOP nominee, ended an interview with Fox 2 Detroit anchor Roop Raj by saying: “One stat before we go. Venezuela was very crime-ridden. They announced the other day 72% reduction in crime in the last year. You know why? They moved all their criminals from Venezuela right into the good old U.S.A. and [President Joe] Biden let them do it. It’s a disgrace.”"

So, Trump made a claim about the Venezuelan govt announcing a 72% reduction in crime.

So Trump's response??

" I think it’s a federal statement or, well, they’re coming actually from Venezuela. They’re coming from Venezuela.”"

"“Crime is down in Venezuela by 67% because they’re taking their gangs and their criminals and depositing them very nicely into the United States,” he told supporters at a rally in Green Bay, Wisconsin, only on Apr. 2."

Firstly, crime stats for Venezuela come from the Venezuelan govt, which isn't that honest when it comes to stats.

Secondly the story that Venezuela is emptying prisons and encouraging them to go in caravans to the US is, a bet just made up.

"However, it cites only one article, from the politically conservative website Breitbart News. A Fox News story about this DHS report cites the same Breitbart article."

One article, from Breitbart, which is in itself a load of crap, and then everyone feeds off this one article, not caring whether it's true or not. The Fox article says:

"
The letter notes that there have been over 130,000 encounters with Venezuelan migrants between Oct. 2021 and July 2022.

In August, there were 55,333 unique encounters from Venezuela, Cuba and Nicaragua, a 175% increase over last year."

So, Venezuelans are coming, but it doesn't say they're the criminals being released and deliberately being sent that way.

So they take one thing "There are Venezuelans trying to get into the US" and they turn it into "criminals coming because they've been released and told to make their way to the US"

dont just about all people running for office say what they think you want to hear?.....most of them seem to do a lot of exaggerating....

Trump is the most important modern President. As far as Presidents go, more books will be written about Trump than any other President. Trump will have more books written about Trump than were ever written about Jesus.
LoL

So Trump's response??

"

The article doesn't give a specific percentage but does show that yes Venezuela is indeed sending criminals here in caravans to America and cites multiple gangs and crimes across America leading back to Venezuela. And it does speak of crime droppage there at the same time as the illegals came here and how our crime went up.

And related the situation to a larger scale version of when Cuba unloaded it's criminals on america in the 80s.

So I don't know where trump got his percentage from but that doesn't mean he isn't wrong either.

The article doesn't give a specific percentage but does show that yes Venezuela is indeed sending criminals here in caravans to America and cites multiple gangs and crimes across America leading back to Venezuela. And it does speak of crime droppage there at the same time as the illegals came here and how our crime went up.

And related the situation to a larger scale version of when Cuba unloaded it's criminals on america in the 80s.

So I don't know where trump got his percentage from but that doesn't mean he isn't wrong either.

The report says it's "common knowledge" that some of these people are criminals. I mean, people escaping from Venezuela might be criminals. Doesn't mean the government is letting them out early and then pushing them on their way. It could just be people who served their time and then decided they didn't want to be in Venezuela. Could be that the gangs are sending people to work for them in the US.

So Trump's response??

"

Trump lies as often as other people breathe.

After Ron DeSantis got out of the way he pulled them out of his ass.

Trump is the most important modern President. As far as Presidents go, more books will be written about Trump than any other President. Trump will have more books written about Trump than were ever written about Jesus.
There's already a slew of books written about the orange psycho baboon god. And 99% of them describe him as the psychotic craven criminal lowlife that he is.

So Trump's response??

"

Oh yeah, well, the Politifact "fact check" you posted has some BS in it, so it does not seem to be a credible source, and it does not prove anything either way anyway.

"Border Patrol checks the immigrants’ backgrounds and takes their fingerprints and other biometric information. Agents question them and decide whether they have a reasonable fear of returning to their home country."

There is no way CBP can check the criminal backgrounds of Venezuelans. Venezuela does not share those records with the US.

So Trump's response??

"

Every "source" named by trump will be echoed by his loyal trump Nazis.

You can't get a straight answer from the freaking president on just about anything but Huffington thinks a Trump ambush is sensational news. No surprise here. It beats talking about anarchy on University campuses.

Oh yeah, well, the Politifact "fact check" you posted has some BS in it, so it does not seem to be a credible source, and it does not prove anything either way anyway.

"Border Patrol checks the immigrants’ backgrounds and takes their fingerprints and other biometric information. Agents question them and decide whether they have a reasonable fear of returning to their home country."

There is no way CBP can check the criminal backgrounds of Venezuelans. Venezuela does not share those records with the US.

The point of "does not prove anything either way" is kind of the point here, don't you think.

We know Venezuelans are coming to the US, because we can see them. Some of them are probably criminals.

That's as far as we can really know, one fact, because we can see it, one guess because it's statistically probable.

What then comes next is just Trump making stuff up to whip up the crowds.

Like when he said "lock her up", it was a lie. He had no intention of doing it.

He treats his supporters like idiots, and they love being treated like that.

Every "source" named by trump will be echoed by his loyal trump Nazis.

They want to believe. But they don't need sources to believe. They grew up with the Bible which has "sources" that are totally contradictory, and make no sense, and they're fine with that.

So Trump's response??

"

He saw that bullshit on some posting-from-Mom's-basement MAGA website (which he clearly frequents) and ran to tell the world about it.

Just like we see here, multiple times a day.

He doesn't think to question any of it, for even a moment, just like we see here.

Last edited:
The point of "does not prove anything either way" is kind of the point here, don't you think.

We know Venezuelans are coming to the US, because we can see them. Some of them are probably criminals.

That's as far as we can really know, one fact, because we can see it, one guess because it's statistically probable.

What then comes next is just Trump making stuff up to whip up the crowds.

Like when he said "lock her up", it was a lie. He had no intention of doing it.

He treats his supporters like idiots, and they love being treated like that.
You have some valid points, but on the last two, I am a Trump supporter and when he says Venezuela is emptying its jails, it's obviously a figure of speech/exaggeration to make a point about something very serious.

On Hillary, he did promise to appoint a special prosecutor, and that would have pleased me, but when he decided to bury the hatchet, that was okay with me too. She lost the election, in part because of her server, and bleach bit and all that, so that was an appropriate punishment. If only we could settle all of Trump's current BS charges at the ballot box instead of in the kangaroo courts.

Regards,
Jimm

Forum List

Back