Michigan school shooter charged as adult

Absolutely. Bye. See you in 20 years.
I'm not so sure it will happen. I just went over a 244 page PDF of Firearms Laws of Michigan. After an exhausting read/scan I could find no offense. It spoke to requirement of selling with trigger lock, and locking containers and indeed I found on a Michigan State police page where criminal and civil liabilities may exist for failure to secure weapons, but in the code itself, I found no statute or penalties.
If there is a Michigander on here more familiar or if the PDF is not up to date, I would be interested to know that I am incorrect and see a reference to the statute.

Exactly correct. If you're old enough to carry and shoot a firearm, you should be treated as an adult, period.Your age matters not.
The sad thing is that because of him still being underage, he won't go straight to regular prison. He will be at the nearest juvenile center until he is 18.

God bless you and the families of the victims always!!!

Holly

Along with the crazy kid with the gun equal responsibility goes to the school board that allowed the killings to take place

How did they do that?
You already know what I’m going to say

By not securing the school against people like the shooter

The school should face criminal charges alongside the kid

You already know what I’m going to say

By not securing the school against people like the shooter

The school should face criminal charges alongside the kid
I'm no lawyer, but I don't know if the school board would be liable. Maybe the administration of the school itself or something. I'm sure someone is looking into such things.

I'm no lawyer, but I don't know if the school board would be liable. Maybe the administration of the school itself or something. I'm sure someone is looking into such things.
I dont know the legality either

But they should be liable because they made no effort or an inadequate effort to protect the children

There should be armed security equal to what school boards enjoy whenever they hold a public meeting

At every school in the entire country?
Every public school as long as mayors have personal police protection, metal detectors a armed guards at the entrance to court houses or police assigned to every school board meeting

I'm not so sure it will happen. I just went over a 244 page PDF of Firearms Laws of Michigan. After an exhausting read/scan I could find no offense. It spoke to requirement of selling with trigger lock, and locking containers and indeed I found on a Michigan State police page where criminal and civil liabilities may exist for failure to secure weapons, but in the code itself, I found no statute or penalties.
If there is a Michigander on here more familiar or if the PDF is not up to date, I would be interested to know that I am incorrect and see a reference to the statute.
I was looking through the same document and I came to the same conclusion as you.

I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see how the parents are going to be penalized.

Every public school as long as mayors have personal police protection, metal detectors a armed guards at the entrance to court houses or police assigned to every school board meeting
You gonna enjoy that massive tax increase?

After we strip money to protect public officials and apply it to security for the children we can consider higher taxes for city hall
You didn’t really think this through, did you?

You didn’t really think this through, did you?
Of course I have

If I were a lib I might have to cut and past some other libs ideas and words

But what I’m saying to you is original and thought out

I was looking through the same document and I came to the same conclusion as you.

I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see how the parents are going to be penalized.
No. Surprisingly, we're not wrong. It is a complicated repetitious 244-page document (as you saw), but it's not there. Looked up other references and the state is noted for not having a law or regulation requiring weapons owned by adults to be secured or safeguarded being picked up by their kids.
I saw some lady from the prosecutor's office being asked about charges for the parents. She said they were looking into it. I don't think the state officials even know what their own statutes say in their firearms laws. Or, it is such a glaring deficiency, (especially in light of current circumstance) she was just saying that to dance away from the question.

Forum List

Back