School Shooter Gets Life w/o Parole

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
This sad story has it all: criminally negligent parents (rightfully in jail), lack of access to mental health care, a clueless school administration, and a mass shooting.

This could have all been prevented if they searched the kids backpack. The dad bought the kid a 9mm on Black Friday, using money the kid saved. When his parents were called in to get him after they caught him drawing violent images the parents said they had to get back to work and would try and get him help later. School lets him go back to class, gun in backpack.

43c546d183b65f541c9561cfd3173a39.jpeg

Two years after the massacre, teenager Ethan Crumbley was sentenced Friday to life in prison without the possibility of parole for murdering four students at Oxford High School in Michigan and injuring seven others in a rampage he carried out with a gun that his parents had bought him as an early Christmas present.

Oakland County Circuit Court Judge Kwame Rowe noted that Crumbley himself was not asking for a term of years, even though his lawyers did. Rowe noted Crumbley's extensive planning and his stated desire for notoriety. He said Crumbley had numerous opportunities to change course and had, in effect, executed classmates and said the court "cannot ignore that."

Crumbley, who was 15 at the time of the killings, pleaded guilty to all his crimes last year, admitting he meant to cause panic and fear when he emerged from a bathroom and opened fire on Nov. 30, 2021, showing no emotion as he fired shots through the hallways.

His actions would claim the lives of 16-year-old Tate Myre; 17-year-olds Madisyn Baldwin and Justin Shilling; and 14-year-old Hana St. Juliana. Six students and a teacher were also injured.

Murder victim's dad: 'My son doesn't get a second chance'

The sentence was handed down after an emotional day of gut-wrenching victim impact statements, from parents who both called for forgiveness — and vengeance.

"I going to ask you to lock this son of a bitch up for the rest of his pathetic life." Craig Shilling, whose son Justin was murdered in a school bathroom, implored the judge. "My son doesn't get a second chance, and neither should he."

Buck Myre, whose son Tate was also killed in the massacre, addressed the killer.

“We’re all cried out … We’re the prisoner, not you,” said Myre, who also told the shooter: "Believe me, we will never forget about you — ever."

Still, the grieving father said through tears:

"We need to find a way to find forgiveness — forgiveness to you, forgiveness to your parents, forgiveness to the school, what other choice do we have?"

Killer looked down throughout hearing

Crumbley, who looked down during most of the hearing, showed no emotion about the act of terror he methodically planned and detailed in his journal.

"I will cause the largest school shooting in the state … I will surrender to the police. I wish to hear the screams of the children as I shoot them," Crumbley wrote in the days before the shooting, noting:

"All I need is my 9mm pistol, which I'm currently begging my dad for."

Four days before the rampage, Crumbley's dad took him on a Black Friday shopping trip and bought him a 9 mm pistol, using his son's money to pay for it.

"I got my gun. It's an SP2022 SIG Sauer 9mm," Crumbley wrote in his journal on the eve of the tragedy, adding: "The shooting is tomorrow, I have access to the gun and ammo … the first victim has to be a pretty girl with a future so she can suffer like me."

In pushing for the harshest punishment, Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald argued Crumbley didn't just snap and shoot up his school, but rather planned it ahead of time, wrote about it, texted about it, made a manifesto about it — and made sure he would stay alive so he could witness the suffering.

This sad story has it all: criminally negligent parents (rightfully in jail), lack of access to mental health care, a clueless school administration, and a mass shooting.

This could have all been prevented if they searched the kids backpack. The dad bought the kid a 9mm on Black Friday, using money the kid saved. When his parents were called in to get him after they caught him drawing violent images the parents said they had to get back to work and would try and get him help later. School lets him go back to class, gun in backpack.

View attachment 870211

Two years after the massacre, teenager Ethan Crumbley was sentenced Friday to life in prison without the possibility of parole for murdering four students at Oxford High School in Michigan and injuring seven others in a rampage he carried out with a gun that his parents had bought him as an early Christmas present.

Oakland County Circuit Court Judge Kwame Rowe noted that Crumbley himself was not asking for a term of years, even though his lawyers did. Rowe noted Crumbley's extensive planning and his stated desire for notoriety. He said Crumbley had numerous opportunities to change course and had, in effect, executed classmates and said the court "cannot ignore that."

Crumbley, who was 15 at the time of the killings, pleaded guilty to all his crimes last year, admitting he meant to cause panic and fear when he emerged from a bathroom and opened fire on Nov. 30, 2021, showing no emotion as he fired shots through the hallways.

His actions would claim the lives of 16-year-old Tate Myre; 17-year-olds Madisyn Baldwin and Justin Shilling; and 14-year-old Hana St. Juliana. Six students and a teacher were also injured.

The sentence was handed down after an emotional day of gut-wrenching victim impact statements, from parents who both called for forgiveness — and vengeance.

"I going to ask you to lock this son of a bitch up for the rest of his pathetic life." Craig Shilling, whose son Justin was murdered in a school bathroom, implored the judge. "My son doesn't get a second chance, and neither should he."

Buck Myre, whose son Tate was also killed in the massacre, addressed the killer.

“We’re all cried out … We’re the prisoner, not you,” said Myre, who also told the shooter: "Believe me, we will never forget about you — ever."

"We need to find a way to find forgiveness — forgiveness to you, forgiveness to your parents, forgiveness to the school, what other choice do we have?"

Crumbley, who looked down during most of the hearing, showed no emotion about the act of terror he methodically planned and detailed in his journal.

"I will cause the largest school shooting in the state … I will surrender to the police. I wish to hear the screams of the children as I shoot them," Crumbley wrote in the days before the shooting, noting:

Four days before the rampage, Crumbley's dad took him on a Black Friday shopping trip and bought him a 9 mm pistol, using his son's money to pay for it.

"I got my gun. It's an SP2022 SIG Sauer 9mm," Crumbley wrote in his journal on the eve of the tragedy, adding: "The shooting is tomorrow, I have access to the gun and ammo … the first victim has to be a pretty girl with a future so she can suffer like me."

In pushing for the harshest punishment, Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald argued Crumbley didn't just snap and shoot up his school, but rather planned it ahead of time, wrote about it, texted about it, made a manifesto about it — and made sure he would stay alive so he could witness the suffering.

Good. For once justice is actually served.

View attachment 870211

They should hang him in the public square next week.

I think justice is keeping this kid behind bars for life, not the gurney, prison will be the only life he knows.

15 and (after today) life to go.

I hope he lives a miserable life.

He deserves nothing but pain.

Forum List

Back