McCain Has Bigger Problems....

Normal people

If "normal" means hyper-liberal Jews living on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, sure.

I think LBT got it -- whatever you can say about this guy's looniness, it's loony that cuts in favor of America. The Reverend Jeremiah Wright's Old Time Smack-A-Cracka Gospel Hour doesn't. The man said, and I repeat, "God Damn America." Axelrod is one slick Jew, but he oughta know: the quiet, older white people who actually vote in this country aren't going to forgive that.

My next door neighbor, who voted in the Tx primary last week, and I were talking about this and she said if Obama were to make the dem nom that she would not vote for him and she said the same thing that her friends wouldn't either.

Obama is finished. If he even makes it to the convention, he'll be carrying the Wright albatross around his neck. Also, just saw that Clinton has opened up a 30 point lead in Pennsylvania. I'll stand by my argument though that both parties are in ruins. McCain is clueless and snoring somewhere in the Catskill mountains and Clinton is beyone pathetic. Are there no leaders left in DC?

What racist comments has Obama made?

I look forward to your tap dance.

Here you go....

http://www.examiner.com/a-536474~_Trapped_between_two_worlds_.html

“I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites,” he wrote.
Although Obama spent various portions of his youth living with his white maternal grandfather and Indonesian stepfather, he vowed that he would “never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father’s image, the black man, son of Africa, that I’d packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.”

“There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs,” he wrote. “It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.”
“The emotion between the races could never be pure,” he laments in “Dreams.” “Even love was tarnished by the desire to find in the other some element that was missing in ourselves. Whether we sought out our demons or salvation, the other race would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart.”

After graduating from college, Obama eventually went to Chicago to interview for a job as a community organizer. His racial attitudes came into play as he sized up the man who would become his boss.

“There was something about him that made me wary,” Obama wrote. “A little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.”
“That hate hadn't gone away,” he wrote, blaming “white people — some cruel, some ignorant, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives.”

Is that enough for you?

My view:
I do not give a shit about any monotheistic preacher/imam/rabbi in USA. If McCain goes onstage with a pastor/preacher in a federal state where elections will be hold, this is clearly election campaign. The point is whether McCain hangs with this guy independent from Ohio elections. As i observed this is not the case. That this so-called preacher says, that USA was founded to destroy Islam is of provincial importance.
McCain is clearly talking of radical groups within the religion and not the religion itself. So there is a rhetoric stand-off and i do not doubt any second that McCain shares the same belief as the provincial preacher does. When it helps McCain in Ohio to go onstage with such guy, it shall be. As long as McCain hangs not with this guy in an act of conviction this is to be understood as pragmatism from a man looking to be elected as the most powerful man on earth. Even small provincial lost souls with a community of 12.000 members can count in the end.
McCain is no radical.

Here you go....

http://www.examiner.com/a-536474~_Trapped_between_two_worlds_.html

“I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites,” he wrote.
Although Obama spent various portions of his youth living with his white maternal grandfather and Indonesian stepfather, he vowed that he would “never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father’s image, the black man, son of Africa, that I’d packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.”

“There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs,” he wrote. “It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.”
“The emotion between the races could never be pure,” he laments in “Dreams.” “Even love was tarnished by the desire to find in the other some element that was missing in ourselves. Whether we sought out our demons or salvation, the other race would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart.”

After graduating from college, Obama eventually went to Chicago to interview for a job as a community organizer. His racial attitudes came into play as he sized up the man who would become his boss.

“There was something about him that made me wary,” Obama wrote. “A little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.”
“That hate hadn't gone away,” he wrote, blaming “white people — some cruel, some ignorant, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives.”

Is that enough for you?

Is that racist? I figure he's just writing about the experience of someone biracial in white society.

Is that racist? I figure he's just writing about the experience of someone biracial in white society.

Of course....because it's black on white racism....:rolleyes:

If it was the other way around then they would be racist and undefendable right?

No... because there are certain realities about being black in this country... even if you're briliant and going to Harvard. Just how it is.

What realities are those? And if it is just how it is, why do you constantly complain about it? If it is what is is, deal with it and move on, don't keep harping about shit that happended a 150 years ago.

What realities are those? And if it is just how it is, why do you constantly complain about it? If it is what is is, deal with it and move on, don't keep harping about shit that happended a 150 years ago.

Was Obama harping on it? Or was it simply part of his book? People talk about their pasts; their life experiences. No different from McCain doing his nostalgia thing.

No... because there are certain realities about being black in this country... even if you're briliant and going to Harvard. Just how it is.

It's quite reprehensible, to bring up racial relations when your hand is caught in the racist cookie jar. I guess it's also ok to sit in a church in which the founder of the theology calls for the destruction of the white race right?

Obama has been harping on it since he started to run for President. People talk about their past? You don't see McCain harping on the POW thing do you? Because it's the past and harping on it doesn't do any good. Obama harps the race thing because he's trying to use it for political gain. Like Obama had a tough childhood because he's black and overcame it. He grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth and was more priviledged then Hillary.

Obama has been harping on it since he started to run for President. People talk about their past? You don't see McCain harping on the POW thing do you? Because it's the past and harping on it doesn't do any good. Obama harps the race thing because he's trying to use it for political gain. Like Obama had a tough childhood because he's black and overcame it. He grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth and was more priviledged then Hillary.

Obama was privileged? That's the first I'm hearing about it. Hillary wasn't either, though she wasn't poor, certainly. Bill was near on trailer park trash. The only recent presidents who were privileged were the two Bush's...

Obama was privileged? That's a first. Hillary wasn't either. And neither was Bill. The only recent presidents who were privileged were the two Bush's...

Jillian give me a break. Privileged like Kennedys? No, Privileged like upper class? Yeah both Obama and Hillary qualify. Bill? Not quite, but comfortable for the times and place.

Obama was privileged? That's the first I'm hearing about it. Hillary wasn't either, though she wasn't poor, certainly. Bill was near on trailer park trash. The only recent presidents who were privileged were the two Bush's...

Columbia and Harvard ain't for the poor folk........

Jillian give me a break. Privileged like Kennedys? No, Privileged like upper class? Yeah both Obama and Hillary qualify. Bill? Not quite, but comfortable for the times and place.

When was the last time a Kennedy was president? And no, they don't qualify as privileged. And Bill wasn't "comfortable"... Did you ever read anything about his background?

Forum List

Back