Louisiana lawmakers want Ten Commandments in all public school classrooms

MAGA Macho Man

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2022
Linear Time
The Ten Commandments are poorly written and I could have written better commandments

Last edited:
The Ten Commandments make bad law

Most are trivial offenses or relate to demanding you worship God
US LAW is is based on Judeo-Christian Law and Ethics. The 10 Commandments in the schools is a good move. No one is saying they need to worship God, believe in God, or become a Christian. But, the Commandments are a good basis for kids to have structure.

Plus, Jesus likes the Commandments and you people are always saying what a great Liberal Jesus is so this should be win-win for everyone.

I'm all for it as well as quotes from other religions represented in schools. And I'm a lifelong Christian.

You're going to hell when you die for criticizing the word of God.

What I would include in my Ten Commandments

1. Thou shall not allow slavery. Moses led the Hebrews out of slavery and struggled to free them. Yet God does not even prohibit slavery in his ten commandments. I would prohibit slavery and order employers to pay an honest wage and order workers to give an honest days work

2. Thou shall be clean in thy person and thy environment. God could have saved hundreds of millions of lives with this one. Sanitation was a major killer of mankind. Keep yourself clean to avoid germs. Do not pollute your drinking water or your environment. Could have prevented the plague and other killer diseases

3. Thou shall not engage in War. War is a practice of man and not God. God should encourage peaceful resolution of conflicts and consider war an act against God

4. Thou shall educate yourself and others. A critical trait of man. Learning and the spread of knowledge. You should strive to learn your whole life and spread knowledge to others

5. I would expand the honor your father and mother to honor your family. Parents should honor their kids, make sure they are fed and clothed and protected. You should work hard to take care of your family

This is great news. I think it should be mandatory for all states to have the Ten Commandments in the classrooms, and I would add to say the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag ever morning.

Louisiana does have the aura of being one of the most superstitious states so the yearning for early cult brainwashing is not exactly a surprise.

The Ten Commandments are poorly written and I could have written better commandments

Which one offends you the most? Thou shalt not steal? Or, maybe, you shouldn't murder? Honoring your mom and dad?

What I would include in my Ten Commandments

1. Thou shall not allow slavery. Moses led the Hebrews out of slavery and struggled to free them. Yet God does not even prohibit slavery in his ten commandments. I would prohibit slavery and order employers to pay an honest wage and order workers to give an honest days work

A lot of people feel that Obamacare is actually a form of slavery.

Slavery is the practice of making people do something against their will.

Is there really anything different from a slaveholder telling the slave to "pick that cotton" with Obama telling the people "buy that insurance policy"?

Forum List

Back