Katie Hobbs Abandons God by Killing Legislation Allowing Public Schools to Include Ten Commandments in Classrooms

We as Americans NEED to terminate the Dept. of Education then return education BACK to where it originally resided, the individual states, ALL 50 of them.

Unfortunately just eliminating the Dept of Ed won't get it done at this point, the rot goes all the way down to the local school boards and classrooms now.

~~~~~~
Gee, I'm so old that I can remember saying the Plege of Alligiance before every class and in Assembly.
Why I even said a pray at the start of every class I went to in College. (It is run by Vincentians.)
Glad my education was well before the 1970's.
Today that might insult the teachers and certain students.
I can't remember the "pledge" being recited in class after 62/63, the year of my 5th grade class. Maker warned humanity how folks would be in the latter days, (2nd Tim 3:1-9). It looks to me to be getting close to harvest time like get that wheat separated from the chaff.

And posting a historic document isn't establishing a religion. And the trannie delusion isn't addressed. You commies are pathetic.

Do you have an actual point to convey?

Or is your post just more cult posting for orange clicks.

A similar Kentucky statute mandating that the Ten Commandments be posted in classrooms was struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court 43 years ago. That case was Stone v. Graham, 449 U.S. 39 (1980). In a 5 to 4 decision, the Supreme Court ruled that the Ten Commandments is, obviously, a religious text, and that the state’s requirement that it be posted in classrooms was a violation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. The Establishment Clause forbids the government from establishing an official religion and also prohibits government from any action that favors one religion over another.

Florida tried the same thing while I was teaching there in the early 2000s I believe it was. The cost was paid by the American Legion of which I was a member, but as a teacher I knew it was doomed.

~~~~~~
Gee, I'm so old that I can remember saying the Plege of Alligiance before every class and in Assembly.
Why I even said a pray at the start of every class I went to in College. (It is run by Vincentians.)
Glad my education was well before the 1970's.
Today that might insult the teachers and certain students.
You are a fossil of mankind.

A similar Kentucky statute mandating that the Ten Commandments be posted in classrooms was struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court 43 years ago. That case was Stone v. Graham, 449 U.S. 39 (1980). In a 5 to 4 decision, the Supreme Court ruled that the Ten Commandments is, obviously, a religious text, and that the state’s requirement that it be posted in classrooms was a violation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. The Establishment Clause forbids the government from establishing an official religion and also prohibits government from any action that favors one religion over another.

Florida tried the same thing while I was teaching there in the early 2000s I believe it was. The cost was paid by the American Legion of which I was a member, but as a teacher I knew it was doomed.

Maybe the current SCOTUS knows how to read. Posting a historical document doesn't "establish" a religion or anything else. No one is forced to abide by the commandments. Might be a better world if everyone did.

Maybe the current SCOTUS knows how to read. Posting a historical document doesn't "establish" a religion or anything else. No one is forced to abide by the commandments. Might be a better world if everyone did.

If it doesn't establish religion, why does SCOTUS say that it does? The Texas law even specifies the wording must come straight from the King James Bible. What about the Torah or the equivalent in the Koran?

When has it been under that historical document?

No surprise since she is a Democrat. This is just more proof that Republicans have the moral high ground. The 2024 election should be interesting.

---Katie Hobbs Abandons God by Killing Legislation Allowing Public Schools to Include Ten Commandments in Classrooms---

You have to draw more illogical conclusions than anyone else on here. You're an idiot.

Kari thinks in terms of what is good for the people. Katy thinks in terms of what is good for her party. It's the same dynamic with Trump and Biden. MAGA
wamose; some children are raised by their parent(s) to think/reason on their own. Other children are raised by their parent(s) to depend upon a group(s) of people to help a child think/reason. Both modes possess specific advantages. The person who can think on his/her own has the advantage of rapid problem solving meaning superior efficiency which generally equates to lower overhead & more reward both $$$$$ & also in personal achievement. The person who is group dependent(groupthink) has the advantage of multiple sources of input, task sharing, reduced stress & the psychological assurance that the group shares the guilt of any potential future failures not just one person.

The big diff between the two modes is that the person who can go it alone can also work in group but may come across too dominant for the rest of the group's comfort. As far as the groupthinker goes, they are practically totally helpless without group support. Kari can look to bettering other folks lives for she has already bettered her OWN life, Katy on the other hand realizes without the party she is down the tube. BIG diff between groupthinkers & the do it yourselfers, it's called MINDSET.

Theyre not establishing a religion.

Yet over the podium in the senate chamber it says “in God we trust”

Nowhere does it say that religion can’t be in government, it just says that government can’t create an official national religion.

The law doesn’t prohibit religious symbolism to be displayed, otherwise, Christian symbolism wouldn’t be allowed to be displayed. It’s not the law that needs to be convinced, it’s the people in the communities.

America WAS founded by people who were Christian’s, so, the foundations of OUR nation is in Christianity, just like the foundations of Iran is Islam, the foundation of India is Hinduism, etc….so, Christianity is the most prevalent religion in the US and the one that most people identify with. That doesn’t mean it’s considered a national religion, but it’s the one that most Americans regard.
Most of the founders were deists.

Hobbs is my illegitimate governor and her lawyer is also the lawyer of a drug cartel... and look at how much money that cartel is making running illegals across the Arizona border....

Forum List

Back