Louisiana lawmakers want Ten Commandments in all public school classrooms

For those pushing this they are the Ten Suggestions that if you break them, well, it's all good as long as you further their politics.

Which one offends you the most? Thou shalt not steal? Or, maybe, you shouldn't murder? Honoring your mom and dad?
Probably the second commandment about having no other Gods before me and being a jealous God who will punish not only you but your children, grandchildren and great grandchildren

Kind of creepy actually

Typically the left wing anti-1st Amendment cabal failed to mention is that the bill would "allow" rather than "require" the Commandments to be posted on forbidden government controlled property.

and I would add to say the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag ever morning.
We say the pledge of allegiance every morning.
If there is an assembly, we say it again at the assembly, unless the band or the chorus plays or sings the Anthem.

Typically the left wing anti-1st Amendment cabal failed to mention is that the bill would "allow" rather than "require" the Commandments to be posted on forbidden government controlled property.
It would “allow” the state (school) to tell children the God they have to believe in

US LAW is is based on Judeo-Christian Law and Ethics. The 10 Commandments in the schools is a good move. No one is saying they need to worship God, believe in God, or become a Christian. But, the Commandments are a good basis for kids to have structure.

Plus, Jesus likes the Commandments and you people are always saying what a great Liberal Jesus is so this should be win-win for everyone.
Where in The Constitution are the 10 commandments mentioned?

All religions need to be recognized if there is one student representing them in the school. Anyone with a brain realizes this fact.

This is great news. I think it should be mandatory for all states to have the Ten Commandments in the classrooms, and I would add to say the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag ever morning.

Great, gonna tell a bunch of schoolchildren, Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbor's Wife. :auiqs.jpg:

The Ten Commandments make bad law

Most are trivial offenses or relate to demanding you worship God

What's wrong with teaching the last 7, that don't involve God?

Less about breaking laws, more about not being an asshole.

A lot of people feel that Obamacare is actually a form of slavery.

Slavery is the practice of making people do something against their will.

Is there really anything different from a slaveholder telling the slave to "pick that cotton" with Obama telling the people "buy that insurance policy"?
Did you forget to take your meds today? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back