Liberals determine ice cream names are now racists.

It also said the ALLEGED connection between "jimmies" and "Jim Crow" was "murky" and no one really knows. Sounds specious as all get-out to me. What, just because they both contain the name "Jim"? On that basis they'd have to change Captain Kirk's name. Among other things.

As already noted I've always called them "jimmies" without a second thought, and I didn't grow up in New England. I submit the mental gymnastic pretzel-forming competition is in the OP, particularly the first word of the title. You can always tell where a hack is going from his leadoff.

I would have loved to be in the boardroom when they decided to change the name.
Not because it would be some groundbreaking historical event, but hilarious watching people walking on eggshells (figuratively) as they discussed what they weren't discussing.

Big deal. A company made a business decision to change the name of their product. If they had somehow been force to make the change against their will, you might have something to whine about, even though I'm not sure what that something might be. Don't want to buy that product under it's new name? Then don't buy it. Problem solved.
You are easily offended

Not sure how you came to that decision, but you are free to believe anything you want, no matter how dumb and wrong it is.
Thank you

Damn. That's sounds worse than a cold lima bean sandwich with tartar sauce.

Pfft ... I live in Louisiana, if something doesn't sound good, just fry it.
Deep fired Snicker bars are okay, but fried bacon dipped in chocolate ... Damn, I'll fight you for it.

Deep fired Snicker bars are okay, but fried bacon dipped in chocolate ... Damn, I'll fight you for it.

I remember my initial reaction upon first hearing the word "turducken".
It was good though. Didn't taste like turd at all. Far as I know.

Can't tell me much about coonass cooking. I spent summers as a kid in Breaux Bridge, and I've helped make boudin, and had to fight a cousin to keep him from putting a scoop of dried horse shit in 50 gallons of rum wash because he said it would ferment quicker. I know when a gator is too big to expect much taste from the tail meat. I suck at cooking, but I recognize some of the steps that a good cook takes. Cajun cooling is based on making nasty stuff that rich people don't want into mouth watering delicacies. You're partially right though. Sometimes, you don't want to know what they put in it.

They are classic holiday table fare ... That and turkey and sausage gumbo.
You have to have some skills to get either of those right though.

Back on Topic:
In the summer, we would make homemade peach ice cream.
Of course I learned how to do that from my grandmother who was embarrassingly racist.

Real racism ... Not that goofy shit they call racism now.

They are classic holiday table fare ... That and turkey and sausage gumbo.
You have to have some skills to get either of those right though.

Back on Topic:
In the summer, we would make homemade peach ice cream.
Of course I learned how to do that from my grandmother who was embarrassingly racist.

Real racism ... Not that goofy shit they call racism now.

{rocks back in chair, gazes off into sunset, lights pipe} Why these kids today, they don't know how to race. In my day we'd ****** all the ************s every day and they liked it. Now ya can't even get J*****s.

{rocks back in chair, gazes off into sunset, lights pipe} Why these kids today, they don't know how to race. In my day we'd ****** all the ************s every day and they liked it. Now ya can't even get J*****s.

I would tell you the story about my one black friend ... But the other 50 or so might get pissed off I left them out ... :auiqs.jpg:

Libtard save the world from racist ice cream names. And it's White privilege vanilla ice cream to boot. No wonder liberalism is considered a mental disorder.
Ice Cream Flavor Name Changed Due to Racism Accusations

View attachment 466328

Funny, the link says nothing about any form of "libtards" or "Liberalism" at all. Nor does Liberalism have anything to do with ice cream in the first place.

Never heard of a problem with the word "jimmies". I didn't grow up in New England but that's always what they were called.

Brigham's was founded in 1914 in Newton, Massachusetts. Hood, which is based in Lynnfield, Massachusetts, bought Brigham's in 2008 and continues to sell the brand's most popular flavors in the New England area, according to the Patch.

Mass is liberal lala land.

Before anyone spouts off, I'm Boston born

But even Snopes didn't agree that 'jimmies' was racist.

Further snooping.....from Snopes

“Jimmies” is the Boston/New England word for “chocolate sprinkles.” Ask any ice cream vendor for jimmies on your sundae, and so long as you’re within a 200-mile radius of Boston, chances are he’ll understand you.

When I was 16 or 17, I heard for the first time this doozy of an urban legend, causing me to feel guilt for taking pride in this linguistic quirk — although I never stopped using the word. My friend told me, after I had ordered jimmies on my ice cream, that it was racist to say jimmies. She explained that because chocolate sprinkles are black, early Bostonian racists referred to them as jimmies — because of the Jim Crow laws. As little sense as this makes to me now, I was taken aback as a teenager, and was vaguely ashamed every time I got a chocolate-sprinkled sundae.

I’ve heard it about 20 times since then, from all different sources, inside and outside of Boston, each accompanied by a dire warning not to perpetuate this racist expression!

Were Jimmies Named After Jim Crow? | Snopes.com

If the environment in this country wasn't so toxic and the left so willing to send thousands of rabid mobsters to shut down businesses at the slightest hint of wrong-think, companies like these would never give a thought to what the name of their products are.

There is no "left" in the story. It doesn't mention politics.

Massachusetts IS the "left."

Libtard save the world from racist ice cream names. And it's White privilege vanilla ice cream to boot. No wonder liberalism is considered a mental disorder.
Ice Cream Flavor Name Changed Due to Racism Accusations

View attachment 466328
Ice cream flavors need to be reined in. This shit is seriously out of hand. Especially Ben and Jerry's. I mean I'm good with all the regular stuff but "wavy gravy? "Dastardly mash"? And wtf is "schweddy balls" for cripes sake?

Stop the insanity!!

Forum List

Back