Lazarus and John The Baptist

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
They were both friends of Jesus right? So why did Christ choose to raise Lazarus from the dead and not John? Wouldn't John be in a bit more of a predicament? Lazarus only died, but John got his head chopped off. So, why didn't He help him?

They were both friends of Jesus right? So why did Christ choose to raise Lazarus from the dead and not John? Wouldn't John be in a bit more of a predicament? Lazarus only died, but John got his head chopped off. So, why didn't He help him?
Good question. Why didn't he bring his father, Joseph, back to life? Lazarus, the widow's son, and Jairus' daughter were certainly not the only three to die in Jesus' own lifetime. The better question might be, why these three out of all other deaths?

One possibility is that the missions given to Joseph and John had been accomplished.

• Banned
Good question. Why didn't he bring his father, Joseph, back to life? Lazarus, the widow's son, and Jairus' daughter were certainly not the only three to die in Jesus' own lifetime. The better question might be, why these three out of all other deaths?

One possibility is that the missions given to Joseph and John had been accomplished.

I mean I still love Jesus don't get me wrong, but if I had the power to change my friend getting their head cut off I would.

Lazarus was not physically dead. He had lost faith in Jesus and was in the midst of a Pharisaic purification ritual where the person is kept in a windowless room, a tomb, where they remained unwashed for a week and then entered a ritual cleansing bath before they could return to good standing in the community.

After four days in the desert sweating in a 'tomb' with his own waste his body stank. Go figure.

When Jesus called on Lazarus to come out of the tomb, he came out bound hand and foot with grave clothes and his disciples were charged with removing his bindings, which means they just deprogramed him...

Last edited:
Lazarus was salvageable-----like a person with cardiac arrest due to atrial fib. There are
some conditions which, simply, do not respond to CPR

Lazarus was salvageable-----like a person with cardiac arrest due to atrial fib. There are
That may be true but people are not revived after four days dead, especially in first century Judea, unless their death was not physical.

Jesus only said, "Lazarus, come out!"

This was not a medical procedure.

Last edited:
That may be true but people are not revived after four days dead, especially in first century Judea, unless their death was not physical.
had the death certificate been issued?

I mean I still love Jesus don't get me wrong, but if I had the power to change my friend getting their head cut off I would.
Often we hear Jesus talking about the will of the Father; that he followed the will of the Father. Jesus may have been careful not to put his own will ahead of the will of the Father. Again, just another possibility.

I think the vatican has the original. Its kept in a locked vault right next to baby Jesus' teddy bear.

Often we hear Jesus talking about the will of the Father; that he followed the will of the Father. Jesus may have been careful not to put his own will ahead of the will of the Father. Again, just another possibility.

Or you have the whole damn story all wrong.

The resurrection was never about the resumption of a former existence after physical death.

The resurrection is about the entry into a new existence during life. Hence,"behold a new creature"

Wait a second, Jesus, the Father, and Holy Spirit are one right? So wouldn't He be able to make all the rules?

I think the vatican has the original. Its kept in a locked vault right next to baby Jesus' teddy bear.

Lol I don't think they had teddy bears back then, but if they did it would be pretty cute if He actually had a teddy bear as baby and child. :)

Wait a second, Jesus, the Father, and Holy Spirit are one right? So wouldn't He be able to make all the rules?

First of all, no. There is only one God who has two witnesses.

And I questioned him further, “What are the two olive branches beside the two gold pipes from which the golden oil pours?” “Do you not know what these are?” he inquired. “No, my lord,” I replied. So he said, “These are the two anointed ones who are standing beside the Lord of all the earth.”… Zechariah 4:12-14

"These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth." Revelation 11:4

" On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. rev 22:2

Secondly Yes, God being God could have made anything anyway he wanted theoretically.

Apparently, it follows, the way things are are the way he wanted things to be.

Just stop it.
Had Prudential written the check ?

Just stop it.
Had Prudential written the check ?
he had no insurance so he decided that being dead wasn't worth anything

was teddy circumcised?

Forum List

Back