Lazarus and John The Baptist

the Galilean carpenter was not WOKE?

Does it matter? He wasn't a carpenter when He was zero days old and I'm pretty sure He didn't know about the male anatomy at that age either. Just because He was the Son of God didn't mean that He wasn't also a normal infant and child like everybody else.

They were both friends of Jesus right? So why did Christ choose to raise Lazarus from the dead and not John? Wouldn't John be in a bit more of a predicament? Lazarus only died, but John got his head chopped off. So, why didn't He help him?
Lazarus was salvageable-----like a person with cardiac arrest due to atrial fib. There are
some conditions which, simply, do not respond to CPR
That may be true but people are not revived after four days dead, especially in first century Judea, unless their death was not physical.
had the death certificate been issued?

I think the vatican has the original. Its kept in a locked vault right next to baby Jesus' teddy bear.
was teddy circumcised?

Who would do such a barbaric thing to an innocent little baby teddy bear?

I heard that when teddy got older he did it to himself just like Abraham did and then was promptly banned from the synagogue. But that's just what I heard.

the Galilean carpenter was not WOKE?

Does it matter? He wasn't a carpenter when He was zero days old and I'm pretty sure He didn't know about the male anatomy at that age either. Just because He was the Son of God didn't mean that He wasn't also a normal infant and child like everybody else.
I referred to JOSEPH the carpenter------it's the dad who buys the baby toys. You would
be surprised what babies know-----my little boy, just turned one year old---started to walk -
and habitually pulled off all his clothes---(like stewie on family guy) He suddenly
REALIZED that there was a BALL in that little sac.........and ANOTHER ONE!!!!!! Self-
discovery is PROMINENT in infants. I do not believe that Joseph was CLUELESS---carpenters
are ARTISTS

Yes but let's remind ourselves that we're talking about Jesus as a newborn. All He did was cry, wet Himself, and want to eat just like any other normal baby.

Yes but let's remind ourselves that we're talking about Jesus as a newborn. All He did was cry, wet Himself, and want to eat just like any other normal baby.

If he was normal....

I heard that when he found out that there was no such thing as the tooth fairy and his mother was putting easter eggs under his pillow on christmas eve whenever he lost a tooth he went on a rampage setting people on fire and tossing them into hell before he even learned how to walk.

But thats just what I heard.

wrong again HE was a remarkable infant ------the first song I learned in WASPville.
AWAAAYYY IN THE MANGER, NO CRIB FOR A BED.....the LITTLE LORD JESUS LAY
DOWN HIS SWEET HEAD..............etc etc---the cattle, the shepherds---BUT NO CRYING
HE MAKES...... good kid. other kids cry at the MOST IMPORTUNE TIMES

If he was normal....

I heard that when he found out that there was no such thing as the tooth fairy and his mother was putting easter eggs under his pillow on christmas eve whenever he lost a tooth he went on a rampage setting people on fire and tossing them into hell before he even learned how to walk.

Okay,.. you went too far that time.

wrong again HE was a remarkable infant ------the first song I learned in WASPville.
AWAAAYYY IN THE MANGER, NO CRIB FOR A BED.....the LITTLE LORD JESUS LAY
DOWN HIS SWEET HEAD..............etc etc---the cattle, the shepherds---BUT NO CRYING
HE MAKES...... good kid. other kids cry at the MOST IMPORTUNE TIMES

*Sigh* They meant He wasn't crying at that point in the song. Jesus didn't have tantrums but He cried when He needed something before He could talk. For heaven's sake, the shortest verse in the Bible is "Jesus wept." Crying in itself isn't a sin, it's the reason behind it that makes a difference. :sigh2:

If he was normal....

I don't believe that------another boring PERSONAL ANECDOTE-----LONG AGO---I was in
kindergarten. All the kids dyed an easter egg (we had to bring a hardboiled egg from home).
We also made a construction paper "basket" ------and the MONDAY AFTER EASTER---found
jelly beans and peeps and our EGG in our baskets !!! left by the easter bunny. I had already
just turned SIX-----and somehow knew THERE IS NO EASTER BUNNY----but several of
my colleagues TRULY BELIEVED. Jesus was not the kind of a kid that would complain about
a TOOTH -----you heard wrong. Just like me----he knew that sunday school stuff was
just NOT FOR HIM

It just occured to me------Long ago I heard stories about the Remarkable infants who was Jesus and even----albeit less---the remarkable infant which was Moses. I do not know of any "REMARKABLE BABY STORIES" about Muhummad-----there must be some. (let us not forget ROMMULUS AND
REMUS)

They were both friends of Jesus right? So why did Christ choose to raise Lazarus from the dead and not John? Wouldn't John be in a bit more of a predicament? Lazarus only died, but John got his head chopped off. So, why didn't He help him?
Simple answer, because He was in total synchronization with the Father and the Father's plan. He did not go beyond the plan that He and the Father crafted before the world began. Remember what He said at the tomb before calling Lazarus out?

“Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.” Raising Lazarus was to further God's plan, not for His personal benefit. And this is how you know someone is using a miraculous gift today. They don't hold massive shows broadcast on TV to make a lot of money. They use their gift when and as directed by God. To do otherwise is to fall into the "do a trick" trap, in which observers always demand more and more for entertainment value instead of for glory to God.

If he was normal....

I don't believe that------another boring PERSONAL ANECDOTE-----LONG AGO---I was in
kindergarten. All the kids dyed an easter egg (we had to bring a hardboiled egg from home).
We also made a construction paper "basket" ------and the MONDAY AFTER EASTER---found
jelly beans and peeps and our EGG in our baskets !!! left by the easter bunny. I had already
my colleagues TRULY BELIEVED. Jesus was not the kind of a kid that would complain about
a TOOTH -----you heard wrong. Just like me----he knew that sunday school stuff was
just NOT FOR HIM

Rosie. I know the grade school wasp meanies gave you are hard time, but you have been hemorrhaging about it ever since...WTF. Someone stole my lunch money from my desk once but who cares?

Be healed my child.

If he was normal....

just NOT FOR HIM

Rosie. I know the grade school wasp meanies gave you are hard time, but you have been hemorrhaging about it ever since...WTF. Someone stole my lunch money from my desk once but who cares?

Be healed my child.
I would not call it a hard time. It was educational-----afterall----my own home
was ENTIRELY secular. My childhood contact with --first christians and later muslims
and hindus etc etc ----was more like a world tour----and similar to visits to the
BRONX ZOO and THE MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY---------and after that Hayden's
Planetarium

If he was normal....

just NOT FOR HIM

Be healed my child.
I would not call it a hard time. It was educational-----afterall----my own home
was ENTIRELY secular. My childhood contact with --first christians and later muslims
and hindus etc etc ----was more like a world tour----and similar to visits to the
BRONX ZOO and THE MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY---------and after that Hayden's
Planetarium

Don't minimize what you endured. You wouldn't bring it up so often unless it was real pain inflicted. After all it was during the time when official church teaching was that "the Jews" killed Jesus and antisemitism was socially acceptable.

I'm glad you have found a way to rationalize away the pain day to day but it still surfaces way too often to claim it was no big deal or that you are over it.

You did your 40 days and 40 night in the wilderness living among the wild beasts, just like Jesus.

It was an educational? lol, Who are you kidding? I lived in Brooklyn too, remember?

Last edited:
True,.. so that meant He was a man praying to the spirit of Himself?
Do you believe in the Triune nature of one God--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit? If so, can we imagine no communication occurring from the beginning of time? It is hard to wrap the human mind around Trinity, but we learn that Creation occurred through the Word, with the Spirit hovering over it. Now try to picture all of that as one. Jesus was part of something immense.

I use the analogy of a simple bubble. The bubble contains the air around it, and when it pops, the air remains as part of the entirety of air. In the same way, Jesus became man, we could see a form defined in the whole.

Not only is man meant to communicate (pray) to God, Creator, Word, Spirit all work as one. Both as God and man, it is harder to imagine Jesus remaining silent and not communicating than it is to think of Jesus merely "praying to himself".

Forum List

Back